The Jets trade opens up Mayfield to Bills.

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

No? Because Vance Joseph himself said that "he is the missing piece". Must be he's a liar and you have the REAL scoop? If so, by all means, share with your Bill's brethren man!!

What else is he going to say???

It's like J.R. High here. Good grief

Just now, T-Bomb said:

What else is he going to say???

Umm....like maybe we feel good to have him.we'll see where we go from here?

Maybe?

Just like Cle pronouncing TT the starter. What else was he to say? Everybody just lies I guess lol

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

After just paying Keenum 36 million and Joseph stating that he was the "missing" piece? I think Denver is out of the first rd QB market

They also have Patrick Lynch for 2 more years, maybe 3, on his rookie deal.  I bet they move to reload their D (Fitzpatrick) or possibly OL (Nelson) at #5 if they don't trade down.  I wouldn't be opposed to the Bills trading up to #5 for Mayfield.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Mayfied at 5 to the Broncos or 11 Dolphins.

The Carp just redid Tannehill's contract, so he's not going anywhere for a while.  They're out of the 2018 QB derby.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

If you dont get to 2 or 1 your getting shut out on the top 3 QBs period. 

You can try and sugar coat it how you want but you are just kidding yourself 

because the NFL doesn't have any success stories of QBs that were either the first or second taken off the board. 

or alternatively, where the first or second QB off the books wasn't a complete bust. 
MOVEUPMOVEUPMOVEUPIVERUNOUTOFIDEASMOVEUP

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

They also have Patrick Lynch for 2 more years, maybe 3, on his rookie deal.  I bet they move to reload their D (Fitzpatrick) or possibly OL (Nelson) at #5 if they don't trade down.  I wouldn't be opposed to the Bills trading up to #5 for Mayfield.

The Carp just redid Tannehill's contract, so he's not going anywhere for a while.  They're out of the 2018 QB derby.

Sweet! I missed this

2 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I would like to thank the Jets for tipping there hand that they want Rosen and for also leaving Buffalo the chance to land Baker Mayfield without having to trade up into the top 4 to get him.

It is unlikely the Jets are drafting a QB there. They have their guy already in Bridgewater.

33 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

It's like J.R. High here. Good grief

Umm....like maybe we feel good to have him.we'll see where we go from here?

Maybe?

Just like Cle pronouncing TT the starter. What else was he to say? Everybody just lies I guess lol

Yes, NFL FO's and coaches lie all the time.  They never say anything other than what they just did was what they intended to do all along, which we all know is total BS.

9 minutes ago, mileena said:

It is unlikely the Jets are drafting a QB there. They have their guy already in Bridgewater.

Not sure if serious? Jets are def taking a qb. They signed teddy to a one year deal and he might not even beat out 40 yr old josh mccown. Teddy wasnt even that good before he got hurt, and the injury he had was pretty serious. Jets are taking a qb.

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Not sure if serious? Jets are def taking a qb. They signed teddy to a one year deal and he might not even beat out 40 yr old josh mccown. Teddy wasnt even that good before he got hurt, and the injury he had was pretty serious. Jets are taking a qb.

Ugh. I hate the Jets. We should have moved up to 3 if it cost only three 2nd round picks.

2 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

Lol. I didn't say he was their long-term plan. I just think they gave him more than backup money to hold the fort for 2 years, hence removing them from 1st rd QB market. They paid for a starter, so they can upgrade the rest of the roster that is not too far removed from a SuperBowl

I'm actually hoping they take Allen now . I don't want that guy nowhere near the Bills

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

I agree So Tier, on Denver's strategy. I don't see them going QB at this point. But, who knows? Except all of us here at this lovely message board?

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I'm actually hoping they take Allen now . I don't want that guy nowhere near the Bills

He might turn out good. But, he needs the right coaching, and time to adjust. I just don't think that's in the Bills' interest at this juncture. Its not like he'd sit behind Favre a few years. We need a pro-ready QB. To me, its Rosen, followed by Darnold. Even Darnold is a stretch to start as a rookie imo. The rest definitely should have some time before starting

4 hours ago, Magox said:

If Rosen was the Bills target, I don't think we get him.

If Mayfield is the target, then I think Cleveland has got to be the trade partner.

I just don't see the Giants passing on Barkley and if they were it would be an outrageous demand.

i think after giving us what they did for tt and without making us pay the bonus, that there is already a deal made for no. 4.

beane knows what gettleman is going to do and the jets trade makes it a moot point. good for the colts. they got some good picks. depending on what the jets do, that should leave us rosen or mayfield. they can't pick both....and may take neither, thinking so much of chubb....since they now have no dline that ,that's the reason they traded with indy.

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Mayfield is a wildcard in this draft. I could see him going anywhere from #3 to #12. Personally I like him best out of all the QBs but I can't tell what NFL teams think. His height might scare people off, I just don't know. If he falls out of the top 5 we'd be crazy to not go get him.

YEAH

7 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I agree So Tier, on Denver's strategy. I don't see them going QB at this point. But, who knows? Except all of us here at this lovely message board?

He might turn out good. But, he needs the right coaching, and time to adjust. I just don't think that's in the Bills' interest at this juncture. Its not like he'd sit behind Favre a few years. We need a pro-ready QB. To me, its Rosen, followed by Darnold. Even Darnold is a stretch to start as a rookie imo. The rest definitely should have some time before starting

Our best bet is in my opinion 

#1 Darnold 

#2 Barkley

#3 Rosen

#4 Fitzpatrick 

#5 Allen 

Then we trade up from 7-10 for Mayfield. 

12 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ll bet money Denver doesn’t take a QB at 5.

Lots of money.

Yep, people forget that not only do they already have a young QB in Paxton Lynch, they also have Chad Kelly.  The youngsters just aren’t ready yet.