The Jets trade opens up Mayfield to Bills.

22 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Spot on.  This is my take too.  Either the Giants are taking Rosen or they are selling the pick for a return that'll make the Jets return look like child's play.  I also wouldn't put it past Denver to give Cleveland a pick or two to flop 4 and 5.  Browns walk out of the draft with the top QB and top position player.

The gun is to Beane's head now.  Are they willing to trade #12 / #22 / #53 / #56 / #65 / and probably a 1st or 2nd in 2019 for the #2 QB, or are they going to risk their jobs on McCarron / Peterman / a QB picked later?

How did you calculate that trade?   No way Beane makes that move

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Even the Jets have to be smart enough to realize letting Baker loose in NYC is asking for trouble.  

But doesn't Mayfield seem like the perfect fit in NYC or Jersey ?

He's cocky and everything else a Jets fan is.

Mayfield is a wildcard in this draft. I could see him going anywhere from #3 to #12. Personally I like him best out of all the QBs but I can't tell what NFL teams think. His height might scare people off, I just don't know. If he falls out of the top 5 we'd be crazy to not go get him.

Pick 4 seems like the most likely trade up scenario but that is only if Barkley is taken in the top 3. The Browns take a QB, the Giants take Barkely, and the Jets take a QB. That opens up the Browns (who have just drafted their QB) to take even more picks for a trade up. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Mayfield is a wildcard in this draft. I could see him going anywhere from #3 to #12. Personally I like him best out of all the QBs but I can't tell what NFL teams think. His height might scare people off, I just don't know. If he falls out of the top 5 we'd be crazy to not go get him.

I don't think he makes it pass Broncos 

12 minutes ago, Dalton said:

How did you calculate that trade?   No way Beane makes that move

Reality and historical precedence.

To get to #2, that's very likely the price.  MAYBE take out #65 or #56 or the 2019 pick, but the Jets just gave 3 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots, if you don't think the price for #2 would be something along those lines, i don't know what to tell you.

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 15s15 seconds ago

Bills may be SOL and have to get a QB from next group after top 4.

Who is in top 4?  There is a top 5, but I don't think I have seen a consensus top 4.

The plan was for the rookie QB to sit.  If the kid is going to sit, any of the top 5 are fine.  Just don't give up too much to move up.  Stay at 12, or move up a couple spots if you have to.

Just now, joesixpack said:

There's no "may be" about it. They're SOL.

But hey, one and done and 3 points in the playoffs was worth it.

If the top 3 teams grab a QB then the Browns could be open for business at pick 4, unless they are just completely enamored with Barkley that a package of picks doesn't entice them. There also exists a trade up opportunity at pick 4 if the Giants take Barkley at 2 after the Browns take a QB.

20 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 15s15 seconds ago

Bills may be SOL and have to get a QB from next group after top 4.

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Jets - Allen

Broncos - Mayfield

Then the draft starts at 5

Wouldn't be shocked to see Jackson go before 12

The good news is we'll be in a position to add a lot of talent to the roster.  The bad news is unless McCarron or a later pick become a gem, welcome to QB purgatory, never bad enough to draft an elite prospect, never good enough to win.

46 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Right on man, 

The way I see it Cleveland, Jests, Denver and Arizona with a move up will take a QB before us at 12 that is if the Bills even take one at 12 now. Will we ever have a staff that holds the QB position in a higher regard?

yep

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Who is in top 4?  There is a top 5, but I don't think I have seen a consensus top 4.

The plan was for the rookie QB to sit.  If the kid is going to sit, any of the top 5 are fine.  Just don't give up too much to move up.  Stay at 12, or move up a couple spots if you have to.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen...

Jackson and Rudolph are in the Jp Losman group

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Allen...

Jackson and Rudolph are in the Jp Losman group

That's funny because I can find countless amounts of analysts, "scouts", media, etc. that put Jackson over Allen and sometime Mayfield. 

46 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ll bet money Denver doesn’t take a QB at 5.

Lots of money.

They sent the GM, head coach, and personnel guy to watch Mayfield and Rosen in person and they requested Allen and Mayfield to be on their team at the senior bowl all as a big smoke screen. Riiiiight