Is Rudolph their guy?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If Rudolph were "their guy", they could have stayed at 21 and 22 w/o the need to move up at all. 

maybe it's not him they are moving up for. at 12 there could be a big time playmaker available. if they really like rudolph (as opposed to moving obscene amounts of draft capital to take a swing) then nabbing him at 22 may be the play. use the rest of the picks to fill in around him, strengthen the team overall. just a "what if".

Just now, swnybillsfan said:

maybe it's not him they are moving up for. at 12 there could be a big time playmaker available. if they really like rudolph (as opposed to moving obscene amounts of draft capital to take a swing) then nabbing him at 22 may be the play. use the rest of the picks to fill in around him, strengthen the team overall. just a "what if".

That would be disappointing. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That would be disappointing. 

it would certainly be anticlimactic. the speculation has been incredible so far this offseason, and we have a way to go yet. it's not exactly what i would want to have happen, but there are many teams that want a qb, just look what the jets gave up to move up three spots! i would love for the bills to get "their guy", whoever that may be. but i would bet these guys have plans A, B, C, D, E, and F all laid out. and i am also pretty sure they have values attached to everyone. so, in the process i shall trust.

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

If Rudolph is their guy, they should still be trying to get to 2.

You don’t trade up to 12 and hope that a franchise QB is sitting there and only you know about it. You go get him. Can’t play the “I’m smartet than every other GM” game. You’ll get burned.

So now we're trading up to 2 to get MASON !@#$ING RUDOLPH?

What are you chuckleheads smoking? 

Just now, Domdab99 said:

So now we're trading up to 2 to get MASON !@#$ING RUDOLPH?

What are you chuckleheads smoking? 

Wow, comprehension problem?

Lets try again, if the Brandon Beane believes Mason Rudolph is this franchises next franchise QB then you go get him. You don’t sit at 12 and wait for “your guy” to come to you otherwise you may be left empty handed. 

3 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Wow, comprehension problem?

Lets try again, if the Brandon Beane believes Mason Rudolph is this franchises next franchise QB then you go get him. You don’t sit at 12 and wait for “your guy” to come to you otherwise you may be left empty handed. 

No, I understood you completely. Even if Beane believes Rudolph to be THE GUY, he'd be a fool to move up to 2 to take him. An absolute fool. Why?

Because Rudolph can be had at 22..certainly at 12. And I'll bet you that he could even be had in the 2nd round.

You don't move up when you grade a guy as drastically better than everyone else does...you move down, collect some extra picks, and still get your guy.

Learn something about what you're talking about before you get all snippy, Gomer. 

Edited by Domdab99

6 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

No, I understood you completely. Even if Beane believes Rudolph to be THE GUY, he'd be a fool to move up to 2 to take him. An absolute fool. Why?

Because Rudolph can be had at 22..certainly at 12. And I'll bet you that he could even be had in the 2nd round.

You don't move up when you grade a guy as drastically better than everyone else does...you move down, collect some extra picks, and still get your guy.

Learn something about what you're talking about before you get all snippy, Gomer. 

Nope you still haven’t understood.

Still have a reading and comprehension problem problem I see.

I’m not talking about where you believe Rudolph is ranked or where you think he can be had. I’m not talking about where I believe Rudolph should be drafted or where is can be had. The thread is about Rudolph being “the guy” that Beane really wants. If that is the case, then Beane ranks him higher than Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, etc. And if Beane thinks that, he is THE GUY, he needs to go get him.

I know this may be difficult to understand but if Beane thinks Rudolph is the best QB in the draft and his guy, guess what, other GMs may have come to that conclusion too. Why would you risk losing out on Rudolph or whoever because you think your smarter than any other GM in the league? All it takes is Arizona jumping in front or the Dolphins taking him for “your guy” to be going to another team.

So I’ll say it again, if Brandon Beane believes Mason Rudolph is his guy, he needs to go get him.

Did you just say you don’t move up for a guy you grade drastically better? Are you suggesting the Jets should have traded down and still got their guy? ?? 

Are you sure it’s me that needs to learn? 

Thanks for playing.

4 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Everyone has a highlight reel...

Those are not highlight reels.  Check it out before commenting.

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

If Rudolph is their guy, they should trade down. Maybe Cinci would be interested in moving up from 21 to 12. Rudolph will be available there still. 

You know that how?

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Those are not highlight reels.  Check it out before commenting.

You know what? Rudolph is terrible. I’m not going to sit through every damn game he’s played in. He is not a first round QB and the vast majority of people feel the same way. Now now go sit on your porch and yell at the cars that are driving too fast down your street

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

You know what? Rudolph is terrible. I’m not going to sit through every damn game he’s played in. He is not a first round QB and the vast majority of people feel the same way. Now now go sit on your porch and yell at the cars that are driving too fast down your street

Nice well informed opinion.  Thanks for that contribution.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If Rudolph were "their guy", they could have stayed at 21 and 22 w/o the need to move up at all. 

maybe they want some guy at another position that would not be there at 21?

they have to draft positions other than QB

maybe a guy like Van der Esch, who compares in many ways to Luke Kuechly.

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

maybe they want some guy at another position that would not be there at 21?

they have to draft positions other than QB

maybe a guy like Van der Esch, who compares in many ways to Luke Kuechly.

That we realize,  but have you heard Beane talk about how important acquiring a franchise QB is to the future of the Bills?  I haven't heard that much emphasis being put on MLB by him.  

Go to NFL.com and draft ratings and compare their grade on Nate Peterman to their grade on Rudolph. They have Peterman with a slightly higher grade. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/mason-rudolph?id=2559942

The Rudolph love is asinine. He's a future backup with little upside. 

AJ McCarron grade slightly higher than both. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/aj-mccarron?id=2543497

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/17/2018 at 10:28 PM, MrEpsYtown said:

Go to NFL.com and draft ratings and compare their grade on Nate Peterman to their grade on Rudolph. They have Peterman with a slightly higher grade. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/mason-rudolph?id=2559942

The Rudolph love is asinine. He's a future backup with little upside. 

AJ McCarron grade slightly higher than both. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/aj-mccarron?id=2543497

Just as importantly people should actually watch some of his games. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That we realize,  but have you heard Beane talk about how important acquiring a franchise QB is to the future of the Bills?  I haven't heard that much emphasis being put on MLB by him.  

Van Der Esch was just an example of a McBeane type fit that they could have moved for. It could be any position. I just pointed to that one as a reasonable example.

Maybe they have 2-3 QBs ranked all very close and are ok not spending the farm for one of them. Sam Darnold is the only guy I can really see a team sacrificing a good chunk of the draft for.

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Van Der Esch was just an example of a McBeane type fit that they could have moved for. It could be any position. I just pointed to that one as a reasonable example.

Maybe they have 2-3 QBs ranked all very close and are ok not spending the farm for one of them. Sam Darnold is the only guy I can really see a team sacrificing a good chunk of the draft for.

He's a borderline 1st round pick because of measurables and not someone who requires a trade up.  Darnold will be gone at pick one IMO, so I believe they like someone else enough to move up and hopefully it would be Rosen if they get it done. 

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's a borderline 1st round pick because of measurables and not someone who requires a trade up.  Darnold will be gone at pick one IMO, so I believe they like someone else enough to move up and hopefully it would be Rosen if they get it done. 

like I said, that is just an example of a guy who maybe they want. It could be an OT, 3 technique DT, Edge player etc. so they went up to 12 to get whoever that it is.

back to the OPs point maybe Allen and Rudolph and someone else at QB are all rated similarly and they will move from 22 with another pick/s to get that guy.

Just trying to make the point the move to 12 wasn't necessarily done for a qb, maybe it was. We will see in a few weeks.

Edited by RocCityRoller