Is Rudolph their guy?

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Care to elaborate?  This is the type of lazy post that makes this board unreadable at times.  If you don’t like a particular QB he’s automatically EJ Manuel....

why?

Has more to do with settling and reaching on QB than it has anything to do with a similar skill set. We need a qb its obvious, but don't take one just for the sake of taking one because we need one. 

Just now, DJB said:

Has more to do with settling and reaching on QB than it has anything to do with a similar skill set. We need a qb its obvious, but don't take one just for the sake of taking one because we need one. 

Jackson makes the most sense to me. Is he worth 12 or hoping he slips to 22nd? If we are not getting a top3 we have to get a stud LB'er.

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Tons of talent around him (Like EJ at FSU) 

Easy spread system (Like EJ at FSU under Jimbo)

Who isn’t playing in an “easy spread”. 

Jackson, Rosen and Allen. Allen hasn’t show. To be accurate in a pro system, and it probably won’t translate. Rosen has succeeded in it but doesn’t show good pocket movement, hence why he takes big hits and gets injured (kind of reminds me of Romo). USC has been renowned for using a pro-style offense but this year if you watch they used plenty of spread and RPO stuff. Mayfield is basically an air raid QB as well. Jackson played more of a pro style, but again. Louisville still uses a lot RPO to get Jackson out of the pocket as well. So the “spread” excuse doesn’t really work for me. 

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No!

...and you know this how?......Rudolph at 22 would not surprise me a bit as the possible safe yet unsexy pick.......12 would be a reach.....McBeane personally scouted him twice at the WVU game and his bowl game....so he is driving the bus, can't hear your "no" because of ear plugs, so sit back and stay tuned....

6 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I just threw up in my mouth reading this thread title...

edit: after reading the op I think this is a trolling job

Have you seen any of Rudolph's games?  If yes, then tell me why you are so opposed and please don't say he is from a "gimmick offense" unless you can tell me why it is such a gimmick.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and you know this how?......Rudolph at 22 would not surprise me a bit as the possible safe yet unsexy pick.......12 would be a reach.....McBeane personally scouted him twice at the WVU game and his bowl game....so he is driving the bus, can't hear your "no" because of ear plugs, so sit back and stay tuned....

That's my opinion as I don't believe he's a 1st round talent.  Christian Ponder reborn. Aim higher. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He might be.... by default.?

And you love it.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's my opinion as I don't believe he's a 1st round talent.  Christian Ponder reborn. Aim higher. 

Are you of the opinion that QBs that don't have "1st round talent" (whatever that is) can't have a successful career or be a franchise guy?

Which of this years crop do you consider to be 1st round talent and are indeed franchise worthy? 

32 minutes ago, DJB said:

Hopefully not. The guy is not a franchise type. 

Did you not learn anything from the EJ situation? 

Tell me, what did you learn from it?

40 minutes ago, DJB said:

Hopefully not. The guy is not a franchise type. 

Did you not learn anything from the EJ situation? 

I'm not advocating taking him at #12, but how do you figure?  What makes Foles, Cousins or even Garoppolo better than Rudolph coming out in the draft?

He wouldn't be starting right away anyway.

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I saw Ponder play in college.  He's definitely better than Ponder.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who do you want to aim for?  I don't think there is a chance now to get Rosen or Darnold.  I would happily take Mayfield, but I don't see how you get him unless someone at the top takes Allen instead of him.

For the record (whatever that is worth), I am not opposed to taking a chance on Allen or Jackson, but I definitely could imagine Rudolph being the kind of guy that the Bills like.  Smart, good leader, big, 3 year starter.  Admittedly, his arm is not quite as good as the other 4, but Brady and Brees have excelled for years without exceptional arm strength.

13 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

And you love it.

Are you of the opinion that QBs that don't have "1st round talent" (whatever that is) can't have a successful career or be a franchise guy?

Which of this years crop do you consider to be 1st round talent and are indeed franchise worthy? 

Tell me, what did you learn from it?

I believe Rosen, Darold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson all have a chance to be that based on a combination of physical ability and other traits required to play the position at a high level in the NFL. Instead of questioning everyone else, why don't you tell us why he is a potential franchise QB who's worthy of a 1st round selection. 

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If Rudolph were "their guy", they could have stayed at 21 and 22 w/o the need to move up at all. 

They very well still could target him at #22, and have one of the top 2 LB's as their target at 12.

Beane talked about how they felt there was a much better shot at one of the top players on the board at 12 (and i believe he said specifically not just QBs)

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

They very well still could target him at #22, and have one of the top 2 LB's as their target at 12.

Beane talked about how they felt there was a much better shot at one of the top players on the board at 12 (and i believe he said specifically not just QBs)

I wouldn't.

32 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Tons of talent around him (Like EJ at FSU) 

Easy spread system (Like EJ at FSU under Jimbo)

Thanks. 

Yeah I've heard the talent thing, but Rudolph seems to have done way more with the talent he had compared to EJ. 

58 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Moving to 12 might end up being the right spot to take him. Browns, Giants, Jets, Broncos, Dolphins could all take Quarterback. 4 will likely be gone. All of these guys have major questions, Rudolph might have the highest floor, besides Rosen. 

Darnold- turnovers, Fumbles plus the knowledge that his small hands have lead to fumbles, might make him a bad fit in snowy buffalo. Plus he’s likely Cleveland’s guy at #1. 

Rosen- Injury history, specifically concussions, could be red flags.

Allen- Innacuracy could be a major red flag. It’s highly believed accuracy is one trait that can’t really  be improved from college to pros, you either have the touch or you don’t.

Mayfield- On field attitude, off-field issues, height could all be red flagged. Played in Spread could also be a red flag, but that’s always difficult to tell and NFL is moving more towards spread & RPO’s anyways. Just look at Goff and Wentz’s offenses this past season. 

Jackson- Athletic ability may concern teams that he’ll always look for the run as opposed to keeping his eyes downfield. 

Rudolph- Biggest concern is lack of arm strength. But really, his arm is strong enough, it’s not Chad Pennington or anything like that. Other weakness is that he came from a spread, but again, that seems to be where the league is going anyways. To me he has the highest floor besides Rosen. 

We already have Peterman 

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Thanks. 

Yeah I've heard the talent thing, but Rudolph seems to have done way more with the talent he had compared to EJ. 

He doesn't have near the athletic ability of EJ. Rudolph is more like a Christian Ponder, Bryce Petty type with very little upside. Drafting him is spinning wheels and a waste of a pick. Not significantly better than McCarron or Peterman. Waste. 

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

if they draft Rudolph in the first or second rounds, I'm out.

I never say stuff like this, but honestly, I'm with you here.