Is Rudolph their guy?

This regime is not going to draft a quarterback, just to take one. If Rudolph is there in the third, he is worth a pick. I still like the upside of a guy like Lauletta or even White more than Rudolph. 

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Btw, at #12, as it stands, I'd take Quenton Nelson if he's there. 

If we stay it's going to be Smith or Edmunds. I don't think Nelson is there. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If Rudolph were "their guy", they could have stayed at 21 and 22 w/o the need to move up at all. 

If Rudolph were "their guy" they could get a stud defensive player at 12 and possibly still get him at 22. I don't believe that is what the Bills want to do but it might be a good fallback position if there is a run on qbs. I still believe, as I think you do, that the Bills will make a concerted effort to move up to get their preferred, or more preferred qb. If I had to guess I believe that the Giants and the Colts will be the teams we will do business with to move up the board. Denver might be another team in play in the mix for us to deal with. 

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If Rudolph were "their guy" they could get a stud defensive player at 12 and possibly still get him at 22. I don't believe that is what the Bills want to do but it might be a good fallback position if there is a run on qbs. I still believe, as I think you do, that the Bills will make a concerted effort to move up to get their preferred, or more preferred qb. If I had to guess I believe that the Giants and the Colts will be the teams we will do business with to move up the board. Denver might be another team in play in the mix for us to deal with. 

Reaching for a QB in the 1st isn't the answer.  It's done far too often with little to no reward.  I hear Beane talk about value of players quite a bit and IMO Rudolph does not merit a 1st round selection based on what kind of player he is or can be. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Raching for a QB in the 1st isn't the answer.  It's done far too often with little to no reward.  I hear Beane talk about value of players quite a bit and IMO Rudolph does not merit a 1st round selection based on what kind of player he is or can be. 

For most positions I agree with your take. With respect to the qb position I have no problem with drafting a round earlier.  It would make no sense to draft Rudolph at the 12 spot but I don't see it being unreasonable to take him with the lower first round. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

For most positions I agree with your take. With respect to the qb position I have no problem with drafting a round earlier.  It would make no sense to draft Rudolph at the 12 spot but I don't see it being unreasonable to take him with the lower first round. 

It matters who the QB is in addition the position itself. 

52 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

And you love it.

Are you of the opinion that QBs that don't have "1st round talent" (whatever that is) can't have a successful career or be a franchise guy?

Which of this years crop do you consider to be 1st round talent and are indeed franchise worthy? 

Tell me, what did you learn from it?

Seriously? Its pretty obvious.

You don't a QB for the sake of doing so because you need one when the guy you are taking is an inferior prospect. 

If Rudolph is their guy, they should still be trying to get to 2.

You don’t trade up to 12 and hope that a franchise QB is sitting there and only you know about it. You go get him. Can’t play the “I’m smartet than every other GM” game. You’ll get burned.

Just now, Wayne Cubed said:

If Rudolph is their guy, they should still be trying to get to 2.

You don’t trade up to 12 and hope that a franchise QB is sitting there and only you know about it. You go get him. Can’t play the “I’m smartet than every other GM” game. You’ll get burned.

They moved up to 12 to sweeten what they had to offer to teams with high picks. It still hasn't been enough to this point. But make no mistake, they have a backup plan if plan A fails completely. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

They moved up to 12 to sweeten what they had to offer to teams with high picks. It still hasn't been enough to this point. But make no mistake, they have a backup plan if plan A fails completely. 

Again, if Rudolph is even their back up plan there are too many teams also looking to stay put st 12.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Again, if Rudolph is even their back up plan there are too many teams also looking to stay put st 12.

I'm not disagreeing, although I don't think it's Rudolph. Anyway, a smaller move up ( less expensive) is likely to happen. It's just not as likely to happen before the draft starts. They have to be sure they can get the targeted player , so NYG at 2 is probably the only way to do that. I don't think the NYG want to trade out of that spot, that's why the Jets settled for 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I believe Rosen, Darold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson all have a chance to be that based on a combination of physical ability and other traits required to play the position at a high level in the NFL. Instead of questioning everyone else, why don't you tell us why he is a potential franchise QB who's worthy of a 1st round selection. 

Ok - so a franchise QB should have a combination of physical ability and other traits. I can't possibly top that in depth analysis.

BTW, I'm not questioning everyone. Just you. 

re: EJ and what was learned? I learned nothing, other than they're all crap shoots. What did you learn?

Wait. I know....he didn't have the physical ability and other traits. I think i got it now.:lol: 

10 minutes ago, DJB said:

Seriously? Its pretty obvious.

You don't a QB for the sake of doing so because you need one when the guy you are taking is an inferior prospect. 

You're right. I just learned this from a "prominent" poster.

1 minute ago, inaugural balls said:

Ok - so a franchise QB should have a combination of physical ability and other traits. I can't possibly top that in depth analysis.

BTW, I'm not questioning everyone. Just you. 

re: EJ and what was learned? I learned nothing, other than they're all crap shoots. What did you learn?

Wait. I know....he didn't have the physical ability and other traits. I think i got it now.:lol: 

You don't have it actually.  Articulate why Mason Rudolph is worthy of being selected in the 1st round and what makes him a potential franchise QB. 

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'm not disagreeing, although I don't think it's Rudolph. Anyway, a smaller move up ( less expensive) is likely to happen. It's just not as likely to happen before the draft starts. They have to be sure they can get the targeted player , so NYG at 2 is probably the only way to do that. I don't think the NYG want to trade out of that spot, that's why the Jets settled for 3. 

I don’t think the Giants wanted to trade with the cross town team and I also think the Jets didn’t have enough capital. It would have taken their 1st in 2019 to get to #2, that wasn’t going to happen.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You don't have it actually.  Articulate why Mason Rudolph is worthy of being selected in the 1st round and what makes him a potential franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Never said he was. Though it's possible an organization may think so. I'm not a scout.....nor do I pretend to be.