Is Rudolph their guy?

Moving to 12 might end up being the right spot to take him. Browns, Giants, Jets, Broncos, Dolphins could all take Quarterback. 4 will likely be gone. All of these guys have major questions, Rudolph might have the highest floor, besides Rosen. 

Darnold- turnovers, Fumbles plus the knowledge that his small hands have lead to fumbles, might make him a bad fit in snowy buffalo. Plus he’s likely Cleveland’s guy at #1. 

Rosen- Injury history, specifically concussions, could be red flags.

Allen- Innacuracy could be a major red flag. It’s highly believed accuracy is one trait that can’t really  be improved from college to pros, you either have the touch or you don’t.

Mayfield- On field attitude, off-field issues, height could all be red flagged. Played in Spread could also be a red flag, but that’s always difficult to tell and NFL is moving more towards spread & RPO’s anyways. Just look at Goff and Wentz’s offenses this past season. 

Jackson- Athletic ability may concern teams that he’ll always look for the run as opposed to keeping his eyes downfield. 

Rudolph- Biggest concern is lack of arm strength. But really, his arm is strong enough, it’s not Chad Pennington or anything like that. Other weakness is that he came from a spread, but again, that seems to be where the league is going anyways. To me he has the highest floor besides Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Moving to 12 might end up being the right spot to take him. Browns, Giants, Jets, Broncos, Dolphins could all take Quarterback. 4 will likely be gone. All of these guys have major questions, Rudolph might have the highest floor, besides Rosen. 

Darnold- turnovers, Fumbles plus the knowledge that his small hands have lead to fumbles, might make him a bad fit in snowy buffalo. Plus he’s likely Cleveland’s guy at #1. 

Rosen- Injury history, specifically concussions, could be red flags.

Allen- Innacuracy could be a major red flag. It’s highly believed accuracy is one trait that can’t really  be improved from college to pros, you either have the touch or you don’t.

Mayfield- On field attitude, off-field issues, height could all be red flagged. Played in Spread could also be a red flag, but that’s always difficult to tell and NFL is moving more towards spread & RPO’s anyways. Just look at Goff and Wentz’s offenses this past season. 

Jackson- Athletic ability may concern teams that he’ll always look for the run as opposed to keeping his eyes downfield. 

Rudolph- Biggest concern is lack of arm strength. But really, his arm is strong enough, it’s not Chad Pennington or anything like that. Other weakness is that he came from a spread, but again, that seems to be where the league is going anyways. To me he has the highest floor besides Rosen. 

Whoever it is, as long as they identify a QB as the face of this franchise I'm good with it.... I don't care if it's Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, Allen, Jackson or Rudolph. 

• Like (+1) 2

He very well could be. 

To be honest, I really didn't watch a ton of Rudolph, but from the little I watched and from comparing their college stats (which I know doesn't tell the whole story BTW) I don't fully get the comparison to EJ Manuel. 

Rudolph's 3rd best college season is better than EJ's best season. And Rudolph's 2 best seasons blow EJs best year out of the water...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mason-rudolph-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ej-manuel-1.html

can someone explain to me why they think it's just EJ Manuel 2.0? (I am legitimately asking) 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

We have no idea.

They may like Rudolph, Jackson, or Lauletta.  Allen may even be there at 12.

They may rank all of these guys higher than we think.

Beane did say "why are we looking at this guy.  We can't get him at 21.". He got to 12 and they knew they could get him.  That makes me think it's one of the guys above, because they are going to take him sooner than other teams would.  Read that they love Lauletta.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He very well could be. 

To be honest, I really didn't watch a ton of Rudolph, but from the little I watched and from comparing their college stats (which I know doesn't tell the whole story BTW) I don't fully get the comparison to EJ Manuel. 

Rudolph's 3rd best college season is better than EJ's best season. And Rudolph's 2 best seasons blow EJs best year out of the water...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/mason-rudolph-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/ej-manuel-1.html

can someone explain to me why they think it's just EJ Manuel 2.0? (I am legitimately asking) 

Tons of talent around him (Like EJ at FSU) 

Easy spread system (Like EJ at FSU under Jimbo)

13 minutes ago, DJB said:

Hopefully not. The guy is not a franchise type. 

Did you not learn anything from the EJ situation? 

Care to elaborate?  This is the type of lazy post that makes this board unreadable at times.  If you don’t like a particular QB he’s automatically EJ Manuel....

why?

• Like (+1) 1

Greg Gabriel has his QBs ranked:

1st Round

1.  Mayfield.

2.  Darnold.

3.  Rosen.

4.  Rudolph.

2nd Round

5.  Jackson.

3rd Round

6.  Lauletta.