Colts just got three picks for nothing

It is my belief the Colts Targeted either Bradley Chubb primarily and as a 2nd choice Quinten Nelson.

Trading down with Buffalo took them out of both players.  So the Jets come up, knowing the Browns are locked into Darnold at 1 and the Giants are going Barkley at 2, do a swap of ones and handing the rebuilding Colts three high 2nd round picks.

Colts still could get Nelson at 6 assuming Browns take Chubb at 4 and Broncos trade down with Arizona and the Cardinals take a QB.

If the Broncos stay at 5 and take Nelson, pick 6 is up for sale, Bills swoop in and trade 12 and higher 2nd to Colts and either get best LB in this draft or remaining QB of their choice.

Thoughts?

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RPbillsfan said:

It is my belief the Colts Targeted either Bradley Chubb primarily and as a 2nd choice Quinten Nelson.

Trading down with Buffalo took them out of both players.  So the Jets come up, knowing the Browns are locked into Darnold at 1 and the Giants are going Barkley at 2, do a swap of ones and handing the rebuilding Colts three high 2nd round picks.

Colts still could get Nelson at 6 assuming Browns take Chubb at 4 and Broncos trade down with Arizona and the Cardinals take a QB.

If the Broncos stay at 5 and take Nelson, pick 6 is up for sale, Bills swoop in and trade 12 and higher 2nd to Colts and either get best LB in this draft or remaining QB of their choice.

Thoughts?

All I know is the colts got a great deal and I can't blame them one bit

• Like (+1) 3

So.. looking up and down the board... there wasn't a SINGLE topic you felt this would have been appropriate for and matched to? Did your parents deprive you of the match game as a child?? Or is this just such a scolding hot take you felt it was worth signing your name to so the world could see??

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

This concept is clearly too much for some of our Bills fellow brethren to comprehend.

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you Magox, I appreciate your response.  Colts and Bills swap now would allow Beene to trade up in front of Chicago and get the best LB on the board and give up only only the pick at 12 and 53.

I believe there will be a developmental QB available at 22 (Rudolph) or even Jackson as the only real QB possibility is Arizona at 15 and if they trade up with Denver you could even have Allen or Mayfield drop that far.

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

It's nice to tank.  The /colts tank yrs have paid off brilliantly considering their last one netted them Andrew Luck.

The Colts didn't tank in 2011. It resulted in the firing of their front office and HC that year because they failed to have anything behind Peyton Manning and years of bad drafting caught up with them. 

I posted this in the other thread.

Exactly.  Look at last years trade for Trubisky with the 49er's.

49er's at 2 they want Solomon Thomas.

Bears at 3 want to trade up to 2 to stop someone from jumping them.

Bears have to give up a 3rd, 4th and next years 3rd to move up 1 spot.

49er's know Bears are picking a QB.

They get their guy 1 pick lower (saving on some rookie contract $'s) and those picks.

That's a smart trade for a team at #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colt's trade was smart!

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The Colts didn't tank in 2011. It resulted in the firing of their front office and HC that year because they failed to have anything behind Peyton Manning and years of bad drafting caught up with them. 

They absolutely tanked.

They were a playoff team the prior year, Manning got hurt, and took the season off, and they tanked to get luck, knowing Manning was at the end of his career after that injury, and decided that 1-2 years of Manning wasn't worth passing on luck for.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Thoughts?

Everybody knows the Broncos are taking Mayfield.

The Colts milked them like a cow! The Jets gave up way too much, they have more holes than we do and now they don't have any picks. The Jets are a stupid franchise, I get a sadistic sense of satisfactory watching them flounder like a fish. The owner, all the way down to the GM and coach are complete morons, they're turning into the new Cleveland Browns, it's awesome to watch. :D

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Thoughts?

If we trade up for a LB when there was this great group of QB's then nothing has changed with this organization.

Could the Jets be moving up for Barkley? They just signed 2 QBs with 2 on their roster already. Bridgewater could be more then a bridge or stop gap guy. Browns go QB, Giants go QB or trade with someone else who now will be scarred of the Jets also going QB and Barkley (or Chubb) falls to them cause everyone thinks they go QB

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Could the Jets be moving up for Barkley? They just signed 2 QBs with 2 on their roster already. Bridgewater could be more then a bridge or stop gap guy. Browns go QB, Giants go QB or trade with someone else who now will be scarred of the Jets also going QB and Barkley (or Chubb) falls to them cause everyone thinks they go QB

No.