Browns Darnold, Giants Rosen

T-Bomb

44 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Manning has one season left IMO, Rosen is a perfect heir apparent.

It would be a huge brain fart by the Giants to trade out of that spot and wait until 12 to pick.

They feel Manning can give them a few more seasons and are going all in now. They want Barkely, the surest game changingick in this draft. All their moves point to this. 

4 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Bills fans will need to ask themselves in 10 years if backing into the playoff's to end the drought was worth missing out on a franchise QB.

They passed on Watson & Mahomes in the last draft, and now they will lose out on Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield.

This could wind up being about as Billsy as it can possibly get.

We'll see how many SB's those QB's win, maybe it's none.  But it sure feels like the Manning/Rivers/Roethlisberger/Losman draft all over again.

If we didn't get into the playoffs, do Davis and Murphy sign with us instead of other places? 

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Giants are not going to go Quarterback, I maintain that. The question is can the Bills offer enough to get that pick. 

This. It's like people forget that teams do draft other positions.

2 of the Giants biggest needs (RB and OL) are starting them right in the face at 2. If they don't trade out that's what they will pick.

Remember the Giants also have more than 1 pick.They can take a Mike White in RD 2. They also have that Webb kid. 

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Very possible. If the giants take Rosen at 2 he will for sure fall to 4

I dunno, it's so obvious to me:

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Jets - Allen (because they are the Jets)

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

If we didn't get into the playoffs, do Davis and Murphy sign with us instead of other places? 

Are they anywhere near as important to a franchise than a franchise QB?  No, orders of magnitude less important.

5 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Gentleman will not draft a RB at #2 overall. I'm telling ya. He is old school. The value is simply not there, at that price-in His eyes

This seems like a pretty serious contradiction. 

Calling a guy "old school" for why he won't pick a running back early, when in the past running backs were frequently picked very early, doesn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Are they anywhere near as important to a franchise than a franchise QB?  No, orders of magnitude less important.

I agree with that order

4 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

My top 5:

1. Browns - Barkley - focal point of their offense for the next 6-8 years

2. Bills - Mayfield - winner, accurate, right mental make up, wants to be great  

3. Jets - Darnold - prototypical QB

4. Browns - Allen - sits behind Tyrod for a year and learns. Inherits a very good 2019 team with Barkley, Gordon, Landry and Njoku. 

5. Broncos - Chubb - elite edge rusher to upgrade the defense 

Edited by jrober38
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Bills fans will need to ask themselves in 10 years if backing into the playoff's to end the drought was worth missing out on a franchise QB.

They passed on Watson & Mahomes in the last draft, and now they will lose out on Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield.

This could wind up being about as Billsy as it can possibly get.

We'll see how many SB's those QB's win, maybe it's none.  But it sure feels like the Manning/Rivers/Roethlisberger/Losman draft all over again.

I think you're 100% right.

All these QBs will be HOfers and I'd guess 6-7 Lombardi's each. 

8 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Very possible. If the giants take Rosen at 2 he will for sure fall to 4

The Giants aren't taking Rosen #2. 

The NFL doesn't like Rosen as much as fans think they do. There are real concerns about his mental make up and shoulder problems. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This seems like a pretty serious contradiction. 

Calling a guy "old school" for why he won't pick a running back early, when in the past running backs were frequently picked very early, doesn't make sense. 

Ok. Twist it if ya want lol. 

I should have said He is of the GM mold that does Not value a RB with the #2 pick in the draft.

Sorry for confusing ya

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I also think Plan B is a good idea too. That's if Plan B is LJ. I might be in the minority here, but I think Jackson can be unstoppable if he is allowed to sit back and not play right away.

A lot of people on here don't like Jackson, but I do. This myth of him not being accurate is not true. He isn't the most accurate QB in the world, but certainly accurate enough.

If the Bills draft him and allow him to sit, he could really be something. LJ is NOT EJ Manuel.

I think this too is 100% correct.

If LJ don't play he will be unstoppable.

44 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

It's been proven time and time again, you don't draft a RB that high, they are nowhere near as important as QB.  Browns will get him at 4 after they get their franchise QB.

Bills lose out again I'm afraid.

This is why backing into the playoff's to end the drought is nowhere near as important as being able to draft a franchise QB.

The Giants will draft their second SB winning franchise QB while the BIlls still have not been able to replace Jim Kelly.  Yup.

I'm going to try to count how many people here today saying we should have tanked said within the last two weeks that getting the drought off of our backs was more important than draft position in 2018.  

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Ok. Twist it if ya want lol. 

I should have said He is of the GM mold that does Not value a RB with the #2 pick in the draft.

Sorry for confusing ya

Is he though? 

Like what are you basing that off?

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'm going to try to count how many people here today saying we should have tanked said within the last two weeks that getting the drought off of our backs was more important than draft position in 2018.  

The day Dalton threw that pass, I gave to his charity yadda, but I also knew the Bills were likely not getting a top prospect at QB.

Bills fans could be asking themselves for years just how important that really was in the long term.

We'll see.

Just now, jrober38 said:

Is he though? 

Like what are you basing that off?

Just having lived in Charlotte during his tenure there. Watching, listening to him on local news, newspapers, etc

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Just having lived in Charlotte during his tenure there. Watching, listening to him on local news, newspapers, etc

Maybe things have changed, Idk. I guess we'll see

47 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I think any GM these days knows you simply do NOT pass on a guy like Rosen, ever.

Agree and thats why the Jets tried to secure the #1 pick (and failed). They werent planning on making Baker #1 overall IMO, and with Darnold strongly rumoured to be at the top of the draft, it had to be Rosen. They are banking on Giants picking Barkley or O-line but thats not a good bet. Giants are likely taking Rosen. Very likely IMO. 

56 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

It's been proven time and time again, you don't draft a RB that high, they are nowhere near as important as QB.  Browns will get him at 4 after they get their franchise QB.

Bills lose out again I'm afraid.

This is why backing into the playoff's to end the drought is nowhere near as important as being able to draft a franchise QB.

The Giants will draft their second SB winning franchise QB while the BIlls still have not been able to replace Jim Kelly.  Yup.

The Browns need to hit on a sure fire superstar at #1 ... The only one that fits that bill is Barkley. Then they can get a QB at #4. There isn't a QB in this draft that is a sure fire superstar.

Just now, frostbitmic said:

The Browns need to hit on a sure fire superstar at #1 ... The only one that fits that bill is Barkley. Then they can get a QB at #4. There isn't a QB in this draft that is a sure fire superstar.

QB is all that matters...  I don't care how good a RB is.