Browns Darnold, Giants Rosen

T-Bomb

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Hahaha, ok buddy. If you think this team will have trouble selling tickets next year, I got nothing else to say to you. 

Well, i didn’t go see them play this passed year...and I won’t really have any motivation to go this year either if they don’t get s top QB...tired of wasting money on a mediocre product...and I know others who feel the same.

Edited by JaCrispy

On 3/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, GunnerBill said:

The Giants are not going to go Quarterback, I maintain that. The question is can the Bills offer enough to get that pick. 

The real Question is should they.  If a GM feels a guy is the genuine article he will go all in.  But some people are not overly excited by these QBs and it's possible maybe our front office is not.

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The real Question is should they.  If a GM feels a guy is the genuine article he will go all in.  But some people are not overly excited by these QBs and it's possible maybe our front office is not.

I’m curious if we had an offensive minded HC if we would have gone all in for a QB...defensive minded coaches always seem to think they can win with defense.

41 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hope he does because Bills fans expectations are sky high and if we leave the draft with a mid round QB and AJM, they might have a hard time selling tickets...we’ve waited too long and anything but a top 3 QB is unacceptable imo

This is not at all what a lot of the fan base thinks... while I too want to trade up, i truly think your statement is a huge stretch. Most of the fans I talk to want to draft a QB but do not want to give up a lot of picks. They want to pick one at 12 or later. So that statement probably won’t be accurate.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is not at all what a lot of the fan base thinks... while I too want to trade up, i truly think your statement is a huge stretch. Most of the fans I talk to want to draft a QB but do not want to give up a lot of picks. They want to pick one at 12 or later. So that statement probably won’t be accurate.

Well, it’s based on my own experience, so it is possible it is not accurate for everyone...some people will go no matter what.

Edited by JaCrispy

On 3/17/2018 at 12:01 PM, T-Bomb said:

Maybe this is why McBeane was not interested in trading to #3.

It's likely Beane has already talked to both clubs, maybe his Buddy Gettlemen clued him into the fact the Giants are taking Rosen or Darnold, and the Browns told him they are going QB for sure. 

Darnold/Rosen are the only two QB's worth trading up to get.

Bottom line, if the Giants are going QB, the Bills will not get their top prospect QB in the draft.  Broncos will get Mayfield, and by the time the Bills pick, there is no QB worth selecting.

For some reason I smell the Jets taking Allen over Mayfield.

Quite possibly another colossal whiff by this franchise.  They won too many games last season, and it will cost them for another decade or so I think.

Maybe Beane tried to trade up and the Jets offered more and the Giants are planning to take a QB at 2.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/17/2018 at 1:07 PM, jrober38 said:

Nope.

The Giants want Barkley. They haven't had a run game in years and Barkley in the back field with Beckham on the outside would be lethal. 

Until the Giants know for sure if Barkley is available, they're holding on to the pick. 

If (when Barkley) goes #1 overall, the Giants will trade down and stock pile picks. 

Why would Cleveland trade down, when in this scenario Cleveland went Darnold/Rosen #1 and then could pair up that Qb with Barkley at #4?

Edited by RocCityRoller

On 3/17/2018 at 1:14 PM, billspro said:

That would make sense to me. Rosen and Darnold are the only QBs that are worth trading up for. If they are going to be drafted trading up to 3 for Allen or Mayfield is not smart business (LOL jets). 

If I am the Bills I sit at 12 and see if Mayfield falls. If not, I am taking White or Rudolph at the top of the second (both who have a pretty good shot of becoming franchise QBs). 

I hope they don't, but I have trouble believing that given how old Manning is. Being it the top two is a great opportunity, if you pass it up there is a good chance you become the Browns. 

I have been pretty vocal about my want to trade up for a QB. But if this happens, I sit tight and don’t blame them. Out of everybody I honk Darnold and Rosen are worth it. 

Maybe I make an offer for 7, or something like that, but I wouldn’t give up a ton for anybody else. 

Hot take: I think Mayfield slips. If he’s there at 12 I gamble and take him still even though I’m not high on him. 

If the draft goes Barkley, Chubb, Rosen/Darnold, I’m going to be furious.