Browns Darnold, Giants Rosen

T-Bomb

Just now, T-Bomb said:

!@#$ing whaaa!

See you just don't make sense Sally.  I don't have a pick, I don't care what anyone's pick is other than the one Beane turns into the league, capiche?  Hope you fix that crying fit toots.

Just now, simool said:

See you just don't make sense Sally.  I don't have a pick, I don't care what anyone's pick is other than the one Beane turns into the league, capiche?  Hope you fix that crying fit toots.

Just go have your beer already :)

9 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

It's been proven time and time again, you don't draft a RB that high, they are nowhere near as important as QB.  Browns will get him at 4 after they get their franchise QB.

Bills lose out again I'm afraid.

This is why backing into the playoff's to end the drought is nowhere near as important as being able to draft a franchise QB.

The Giants will draft their second SB winning franchise QB while the BIlls still have not been able to replace Jim Kelly.  Yup.

Zek Elliott says hi!

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Giants are not going to go Quarterback, I maintain that. The question is can the Bills offer enough to get that pick. 

It’s likely gotta include a first next year and I doubt Beane does it, although I wish he would.

7 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

I have been on the train as long as you, and for most of the ride the team has sucked because they lacked a franchise QB.

Franchise QB's are picked at the top of the draft, you don't pick them in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round yadda.  Only teams that do that are the ones with golden horse shoes up their asses, that's not the Bills..

Um, we had a chance to draft Russel Wilson in the 3rd(and the 1st and the 2nd), and took TJ Graham instead, so that's not close to right. Clearly something other than a golden horseshoe was up our asses. 

Big Ben was a MAC QB that was a "2nd rounder" per the "experts", that was taken by the Steelers in the first round, IIRC staying right in their spot, no trades. 

Franchise QBs come from all sorts of places(ask Kurt Warner EDIT: and while we're at it, Warren Moon), and Top 10 drafted QBs have been busting more than they have been hitting, for quite a while now. The best QB draft class of all time == 1983. Check that, and when you are done, look up Ryan Leaf, Jemarcus Russel(did you know he can throw 60 yards on his knees?). When were Marino and Kelly taken?

Your point has now been terminated.

IF anything is same old, same old, it's this time of year, when we told that the only way to win is to have the #1 pick....when we have seen Cleveland, San Francisco, Detroit, DC,  and wherever the Raiders are playing this year, play hackey sack with the damn thing for decades. None of them have done anything right with it. 

Who else has converted a #1 into a day 1 Pro-Bowl caliber QB, besides the Colts with Luck, in the last 10 years? How about 20? 

Edited by OCinBuffalo

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I tend to agree but why do you feel so strongly?

I think they ballsed the Eli thing up so badly last year that they have made the moving on from him extremely tough for themselves. Gettleman is going to repair the o-line, find a run game and give Eli a last run at the show because the Giants fans and ownership want that to happen. And I actually think with a line and run game that might work. 

I would go QB if I was there but they have created for themselves a hot mess around moving on from Eli and I would be shocked if they decided to draft someone to peer over his shoulder all year. The Giants were also the team I most felt would not go down to #21. Whether they will go down to #12 is still a question mark in my mind and so I don't think a deal with them will be cheap... but they are the team the Bills now need to focus on. 

18 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Manning has one season left IMO, Rosen is a perfect heir apparent.

It would be a huge brain fart by the Giants to trade out of that spot and wait until 12 to pick.

Yep.

What I’ve been saying. A lot of people on here are buying what the BS media is telling them about Giants rolling with Eli.

Not happening. First 3 picks will be QB.

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they ballsed the Eli thing up so badly last year that they have made the moving on from him extremely tough for themselves. Gettleman is going to repair the o-line, find a run game and give Eli a last run at the show because the Giants fans and ownership want that to happen. And I actually think with a line and run game that might work. 

I would go QB if I was there but they have created for themselves a hot mess around moving on from Eli and I would be shocked if they decided to draft someone to peer over his shoulder all year. The Giants were also the team I most felt would not go down to #21. Whether they will go down to #12 is still a question mark in my mind and so I don't think a deal with them will be cheap... but they are the team the Bills now need to focus on. 

I think we have to trade up to maybe 5 and then trade with the giants.

OP is being quite dramatic. Beane has done so much right over the last year.... and now the jets move up to 3 and all of a sudden it’s the “same ole bills” Take a pill man. Geez.  

And the tank talks. Gross.... bills ended the drought and are STILL in a solid position to make a move on their guy. Stop being so dramatic and come on down from the ledge, friend. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

On 3/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, T-Bomb said:

Maybe this is why McBeane was not interested in trading to #3.

It's likely Beane has already talked to both clubs, maybe his Buddy Gettlemen clued him into the fact the Giants are taking Rosen or Darnold, and the Browns told him they are going QB for sure. 

Darnold/Rosen are the only two QB's worth trading up to get.

Bottom line, if the Giants are going QB, the Bills will not get their top prospect QB in the draft.  Broncos will get Mayfield, and by the time the Bills pick, there is no QB worth selecting.

For some reason I smell the Jets taking Allen over Mayfield.

Quite possibly another colossal whiff by this franchise.  They won too many games last season, and it will cost them for another decade or so I think.

giphy.gif

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

As we get closer and he knows he can get his guy I think he will cave. 

I hope he does because Bills fans expectations are sky high and if we leave the draft with a mid round QB and AJM, they might have a hard time selling tickets...we’ve waited too long and anything but a top 3 QB is unacceptable imo

Edited by JaCrispy

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I hope he does because Bills fans expectations are sky high and if we leave the draft with a mid round QB and AJM, they might have a hard time selling tickets

Agreed.

Aside from tickets, he is going to have a tough time selling Pegula. I think it's clear Pegula wants a quarterback and I think he really wanted Trubisky last year. I understand why they passed on the trade up, but they have to get that guy this year. 

On 3/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, GunnerBill said:

The Giants are not going to go Quarterback, I maintain that. The question is can the Bills offer enough to get that pick. 

On 3/17/2018 at 1:07 PM, T-Bomb said:

Manning has one season left IMO, Rosen is a perfect heir apparent.

It would be a huge brain fart by the Giants to trade out of that spot and wait until 12 to pick.

If the Giants draft Barkley, assuming OBJ is back healthy, they've improved the Oline  even a half way decent season from ELI would likely give them 4 to 5 wins for the next two season if not better, enough wins to almost certainly not be drafting in the top 5 and maybe not even the top 10.  So this may be their best chance to get the heir to Eli now, and let him sit for a the season regardless of how good or bad the team does. 

Likely picking a QB this year to sit, overall the team won't have the strong running game, struggle somewhat and still have a top 10 pick next year.  Plus could trade Eli next year even wit ha poor year maybe get a 3rd for him, and with a decent to good year maybe a low 1st round pick. So would have plenty of draft picks next year to further improve the team.

With a new 1st year coach and GM, the pressure isn't as much to win now.  If I were the Giants GM, I'd think long and hard about NOT drafting the QB now while I have a great pick to get almost whomever I want.

23 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I hope he does because Bills fans expectations are sky high and if we leave the draft with a mid round QB and AJM, they might have a hard time selling tickets...we’ve waited too long and anything but a top 3 QB is unacceptable imo

This team made the playoffs for the first time in forever. They will have zero problem selling tickets. A rookie QB isn't even going to start the year. Getting a QB at 12 is just as exciting. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

This team made the playoffs for the first time in forever. They will have zero problem selling tickets. A rookie QB isn't even going to start the year. Getting a QB at 12 is just as exciting. 

Then we will have to agree to disagree...on both points...getting the 5th best QB at 12 would not be exciting at all for me.

Edited by JaCrispy