Browns Darnold, Giants Rosen

T-Bomb

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The Browns need to hit on a sure fire superstar at #1 ... The only one that fits that bill is Barkley. Then they can get a QB at #4. There isn't a QB in this draft that is a sure fire superstar.

Totally agree. 

The Browns are guaranteed a top 3 QB, of which there is zero consensus on who is the best of the bunch. 

If they pass on Barkley, he won't be there when they pick 4th. 

Seems like a pretty easy decision. Get Barkley, and then get one of the QBs. They can't risk it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

The Browns need to hit on a sure fire superstar at #1 ... The only one that fits that bill is Barkley. Then they can get a QB at #4. There isn't a QB in this draft that is a sure fire superstar.

Nope. You draft your franchise guy first, franchise back second. Browns will land Barkley at #4 anyway.  

Barkley is a generational talent, agreed, but there are great backs available later in this draft. The reason the Giants are not trading out of the # 2 pick (if thats the case) is because they need to replace their 37 year old starter with another franchise guy. 

29 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Giants aren't taking Rosen #2. 

The NFL doesn't like Rosen as much as fans think they do. There are real concerns about his mental make up and shoulder problems. 

How do you know the giants aren’t taking him?

Its a very real possibility especially with Eli being in his mid 30s

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Nope. You draft your franchise guy first, franchise back second. Browns will land Barkley at #4 anyway.  

Barkley is a generational talent, agreed, but there are great backs available later in this draft. The reason the Giants are not trading out of the # 2 pick (if thats the case) is because they need to replace their 37 year old starter with another franchise guy. 

Indy wanted Barkley, but they just traded down.

Indy knows Barkley is going #1 or #2 otherwise they'd have stayed put.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

How do you know the giants aren’t taking him?

Its a very real possibility especially with Eli being in his mid 30s

I don't think the NFL liked Rosen as much as the fans think it likes him.

He's got a bad attitude (widely reported), a mediocre arm and durability issues (concussions and shoulder problems). 

I think he's going to go a lot later than people think. I don't see any wow factor which is typically what the NFL targets early in round 1. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The Giants are not going to go Quarterback, I maintain that. The question is can the Bills offer enough to get that pick. 

I also don't think they are going QB, IMO even Cleveland might wait at 1 so the Jets could end up the pick of the litter then Cleveland takes one at 4, then Denver and then Arizona in a trade up for one and then the Bills at 12. Same old Bills always waiting for that franchise worthy QB to fall from the sky, maybe we will get lucky and get Rudolph at least, knowing OBD they will wait till round 2 and miss out on him as well to end up with White.. If they take Jackson why did they get of Tyrod, same QB just skrony  legs.

Edited by xRUSHx

42 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They feel Manning can give them a few more seasons and are going all in now. They want Barkely, the surest game changingick in this draft. All their moves point to this. 

What moves are those? Seriously I don't watch them?

Truthfully tho, if what you say is true about the Giants and Manning, wouldn't it make more sense to trade with the bills and get say, 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds and build your team for a SB run that way??

14 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Indy wanted Barkley, but they just traded down.

Indy knows Barkley is going #1 or #2 otherwise they'd have stayed put.

Maybe they know they can get a great back later in the draft, along with a lot of other potentially impact players they need to (re)build their roster. Barkley is unique but if I'm them I take Guice and three other quality players and probable starters. And its a mistake to think that all of the QBs allegedly at the top of the draft are equivalent prospects. They are not. The Browns know they have the guy they most like. So they are not picking a RB, no matter how good, ahead of that guy thinking they can draft some other facsimili at #4. 

And who would the Colts know that Barkley was going 1 or 2?

Edited by starrymessenger

6 minutes ago, peterpan said:

What moves are those? Seriously I don't watch them?

Truthfully tho, if what you say is true about the Giants and Manning, wouldn't it make more sense to trade with the bills and get say, 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds and build your team for a SB run that way??

If the # 2 pick is not for sale, its because they are taking a QB, most likely Rosen. 

28 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If the Browns don't take Barkley at #1 he's going to the Giants at #2. The Browns have the chance of getting a superstar at #1 and one of these wart laden QB's at #4.

52 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I dunno, it's so obvious to me:

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Jets - Allen (because they are the Jets)

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Yes. That is 100% obvious to me, too. I feel that would be the order of players chosen and by whom,, if no more trade ups. The Jets would pick Allen over Mayfield and Rosen anyway. A #3 is too high to pick Mayfield, for what they gave up, and Jets owner seems tied to Trump.  Rosen abhors Trump. Politics wins, even if Rosen was available then. So, Buffalo, you have the scoop. Act now and deal upwards to get your guy, or when the clock is ticking, or forever hold your peace and take Rudolph or Jackson, etc..

The Browns are for sure taking Darnold - that’s a lock.  The Giants will not be taking a QB.  Nothing that Gettleman has suggest would indicate this.  They have plans to start Manning for 2-3 more seasons.

Plus the Giants ownership views the team as one that is able to compete in 2018.  Drafting a rookie QB to sit for 2-3 years isn’t going to help them.  NYG is certainly a candidate to trade down, and probably the Bills only hope if they want Rosen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Maybe this is why McBeane was not interested in trading to #3.

It's likely Beane has already talked to both clubs, maybe his Buddy Gettlemen clued him into the fact the Giants are taking Rosen or Darnold, and the Browns told him they are going QB for sure. 

Darnold/Rosen are the only two QB's worth trading up to get.

Bottom line, if the Giants are going QB, the Bills will not get their top prospect QB in the draft.  Broncos will get Mayfield, and by the time the Bills pick, there is no QB worth selecting.

For some reason I smell the Jets taking Allen over Mayfield.

Quite possibly another colossal whiff by this franchise.  They won too many games last season, and it will cost them for another decade or so I think.

Um. No.

He talked to both clubs and neither would trade down to 12.

Still not convinced Giants go QB. 

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

I dunno, it's so obvious to me:

Browns - Darnold

Giants - Rosen

Jets - Allen (because they are the Jets)

Browns - Barkley

Broncos - Mayfield

Are they anywhere near as important to a franchise than a franchise QB?  No, orders of magnitude less important.

That would work out nicely for Cleveland, but what if the Giants take Barkley?

If that happens, then #4 would be worth trading down form, and Bills nab Rosen or Mayfield.

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

No chance Barkley makes it to #4 overall. 

I’d actually love it if the Jets took Barkley. They traded up so they could get him.

I can’t wait to revisit this thread after the first round of the draft.

So many takez. 

Christ, a colossal whiff by this franchise? FFS.  If Rosen and Darnold are the only two qbs in this draft not only are we screwed but the league is too.

I have seen every variation of how the qbs are going to go and every variation of who we have to take and why you are right.  You all are friggin broken.

I have never seen so much wasted time and energy for something you have no control over. Truly mind numbing. 

They take who they take.  I see several Qbs that I believe can get it done.  There are so many other variables tied to a qbs success in this league other than his individual talent.  So many top choices flame out and there are many starting that shouldnt be according to the draft talk the year they came out.

Everyone just needs to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.  I have been on this train for 35 years.  Seen it all. I can, with a fair amount of certainty, tell you that most of you have absolutely no clue what the hell you are talking about.

Okay, I am done here.. time for a beer.

22 minutes ago, simool said:

Christ, a colossal whiff by this franchise? FFS.  If Rosen and Darnold are the only two qbs in this draft not only are we screwed but the league is too.

I have seen every variation of how the qbs are going to go and every variation of who we have to take and why you are right.  You all are friggin broken.

I have never seen so much wasted time and energy for something you have no control over. Truly mind numbing. 

They take who they take.  I see several Qbs that I believe can get it done.  There are so many other variables tied to a qbs success in this league other than his individual talent.  So many top choices flame out and there are many starting that shouldnt be according to the draft talk the year they came out.

Everyone just needs to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.  I have been on this train for 35 years.  Seen it all. I can, with a fair amount of certainty, tell you that most of you have absolutely no clue what the hell you are talking about.

Okay, I am done here.. time for a beer.

I have been on the train as long as you, and for most of the ride the team has sucked because they lacked a franchise QB.

Franchise QB's are picked at the top of the draft, you don't pick them in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round yadda.  Only teams that do that are the ones with golden horse shoes up their asses, that's not the Bills..

Edited by T-Bomb

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

I have been on the train as long as you, and I have a reading comprehension problem.

Where in my post you came to the conclusion I needed to hear another meaningless opinion, I have no idea.  Yeah about your take.  It's dog crap and means dog crap.  Keep harping your opinion, I truly hope you find whatever it you are looking for.  For my take re-read line two of my post very slowly and try to comprehend it this time. Have a great day.

1 minute ago, simool said:

Where in my post you came to the conclusion I needed to hear another meaningless opinion, I have no idea.  Yeah about your take.  It's dog crap and means dog crap.  Keep harping your opinion, I truly hope you find whatever it you are looking for.  For my take re-read line two of my post very slowly and try to comprehend it this time. Have a great day.

!@#$ing whaaa!

If you don't what opinions get off the !@#$ing internet dumbass.

Edited by T-Bomb