Colts at 6 is now a great target

3 minutes ago, purple haze said:

If Colts wanted to go to 12 I'm sure they already could have dealt w/Beane.  Colts GM had to have spoken to multiple teams before dealing w/Jets.  Also, it's hard to say who the Bills like.  Although Mayfield is the only one of the big 4 that hasn't been linked to the Bills.

I'm not a top 5 or bust guy though.  I would be fine if they used all of those picks they have and spent one on a QB.  I don't think Beane is as thirsty as some of the Mafia is.  Bills can come out of this draft way ahead even if they don't get into top 5.  

Again, unless the Colts know they can slide to 6, pick up 3 2nds and then slide back to 12 and get a bunch more good picks from the Bills.

Jets had high 2nd round picks.Ours were later. Colts can still flip that 6 to us and pick up the same 12 & 22 they would have had, plus what the Jets gave them PLUS whatever else they can get from Beane. They get more bang for their buck.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Question for you guys, if Mayfield did indeed drop to #6, why would we need to trade up that high for him? The only threat to take Mayfield at that point is Miami.

#6 Indy - Luck

#7 Tampa Bay - Winston

#8 Chicago - Trubisky

#9 San Fran - Jimmy G

#10 Oakland - Carr

#11 Miami - Tannehill, but may take one, maybe not.

So if one of the top 4 got past the top 5 picks, there is virtually no threat until #11. If we could just jump up 2-3 spots, we would have a really good chance at one of the top 4.

Because another team can move up and take him.

5 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Again, unless the Colts know they can slide to 6, pick up 3 2nds and then slide back to 12 and get a bunch more good picks from the Bills.

Jets had high 2nd round picks.Ours were later. Colts can still flip that 6 to us and pick up the same 12 & 22 they would have had, plus what the Jets gave them PLUS whatever else they can get from Beane. They get more bang for their buck.

It's possible.  If Mayfield is Beane's guy.  But I'm not convinced the Broncos don't grab a QB at 5.  I'm not convinced the Giants aren't grabbing a QB too.  I just don't believe they are that good with Eli and Davis Webb.  

Edited by purple haze

2 minutes ago, purple haze said:

It's possible.  If Mayfield is Beane's guy.  But I'm not convinced the Broncos don't grab a QB at 5.  I'm not convinced the Giants aren't grabbing a QB too.  I just don't believe they are that good with Eli and Davis Webb.  

I honestly think it could go either way with Denver. But with Keenum there now, it honestly wouldn't be that much of a shock to see them go with White, Falk or Lauletta.

Giants will take a QB as well I believe...but it won't be from top guys. Same as Denver. If they feel Eli can play 2 more years you HAVE to protect him. You HAVE to have a running game to support him. 

8 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I honestly think it could go either way with Denver. But with Keenum there now, it honestly wouldn't be that much of a shock to see them go with White, Falk or Lauletta.

Giants will take a QB as well I believe...but it won't be from top guys. Same as Denver. If they feel Eli can play 2 more years you HAVE to protect him. You HAVE to have a running game to support him. 

They just got Solder.  Can grab guards later in draft.  Same with RB, although Barkley would be hard to pass up at 2. 

Just now, purple haze said:

They just got Solder.  Can grab guards later in draft.  Same with RB, although Barkley would be hard to pass up at 2. 

Yup, just got Solder. They needed 5 upgrades... especially after letting Pugh walk. Grabbing guards later in the draft is wonderful. But this kid at the top is elite. If you have a need and he's there he's a must get for them.

32 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

Because another team can move up and take him.

We got Washington, Arizona, Baltimore and Los Angeles.

Would Baltimore give up their 1st, 2nd and 3rd to get in the top 10? Or would they kick the tires on Flacco for another year? (I don't think so) #16, #52 and #83 = 1,555 that could get them to 7-8 possibly, but would Chicago or Tampa Bay want to go down that far?

Next we got Washington, they own picks #13, #44, #68 that = 1,678. Could possibly get them to #6, but they just signed Alex Smith to a huge deal, Washington trading up is highly unlikely.

That leaves Arizona, who in my mind is the biggest threat. They have #15, #47, #79, #97 which equals 1,787, that would get them to #6 (maybe).

Bills own #12, #22, #53, #56, #65, #96 which comes out to 3,071.

It's true we can outbid any team, but I think the only legitimate threat is Arizona.

EDIT: Forgot the Chargers. They own #17, #48, #84 which equals 1,540. That could get them to 8. They have Rivers though, it would make more sense build around him unless a QB drops down the board.

Also:

#6 - 1,600

#7 - 1,500

#8 - 1,400

#9 - 1,350

#10 - 1,300

Keep in mind that if a team knows you're trading up for a QB, you will be paying more than that! But those numbers are just a baseline/starting point.

Edited by NewDayBills

17 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

We got Washington, Arizona, Baltimore and Los Angeles.

Would Baltimore give up their 1st, 2nd and 3rd to get in the top 10? Or would they kick the tires on Flacco for another year? (I don't think so) #16, #52 and #83 = 1,555 that could get them to 7-8 possibly, but would Chicago or Tampa Bay want to go down that far?

Next we got Washington, they own picks #13, #44, #68 that = 1,678. Could possibly get them to #6, but they just signed Alex Smith to a huge deal, Washington trading up is highly unlikely.

That leaves Arizona, who in my mind is the biggest threat. They have #15, #47, #79, #97 which equals 1,787, that would get them to #6 (maybe).

Bills own #12, #22, #53, #56, #65, #96 which comes out to 3,071.

It's true we can outbid any team, but I think the only legitimate threat is Arizona.

EDIT: Forgot the Chargers. They own #17, #48, #84 which equals 1,540. That could get them to 8. They have Rivers though, it would make more sense build around him unless a QB drops down the board.

Also:

#6 - 1,600

#7 - 1,500

#8 - 1,400

#9 - 1,350

#10 - 1,300

Keep in mind that if a team knows you're trading up for a QB, you will be paying more than that! But those numbers are just a baseline/starting point.

Have to move up from 22

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

That's pretty interesting. With who? I think if we trade up for QB, the #12 is going to have to be involved.

#22 - 780

#53 - 370

#56 - 340

#65 - 265

#96 - 116

I don't think that's worth it. :D

You need 12 and something higher than 22+ to package to move up into the top 2 IMO.  I would think we have to get #22 moved up into the teens and then package both of those picks + some to move up....

Ballard said he will listen to move down from 6, which means if Beane wanted to he could have moved in front of the Jets - for some reason he chose not to. I have to believe he let that happen for a reason...

I feel pick #6 is the limit for Indy.  Anything above that puts at risk who they are targeting.  They gained picks for virtually staying in the same vicinity.  Jets gave up way too much, and will likely regret it.