Colts at 6 is now a great target

While I admit it's scary that the Jets jumped up, it may work in our favor.

I can EASILY see the draft playing out like this:

1 Cle-Darnold

2 Giants-Barkley/Nelson

3 Jets-Rosen

4 Cle-Fitzpatrick/Barkley

5 Den-Barkey/Nelson/Fitzpatrick

As the draft sits today, with the Colts at 6 I would say there is the best value for a trade up. Mayfield would potentially still be on the board.  The Giants need a RB and they need OLine help badly. I don't see them going QB in round 1. Mike White, Lauletta Falk...that I can see. Same with Denver. Just lost Talib. Need OLine help. Would like to upgrade at RB. I see them more in play with White/Lauletta/Falk or a trade up for Rudolph late 1st round.

At 12 the Colts still can likely get some defense (Smith, Vea). Would cost far less to get to 6 than 2.

If I'm Beane I don't panic. I keep that scenario in mind and wait til draft night. See how the draft falls and make moves accordingly.

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

IMO, Allen, Rosen and Darnold all go top 5. I think Mayfield drops down past the Colts to the 7-10 range and Buffalo jumps Miami for him. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Looks like we lost the preseason , I starting to miss Rex 

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

If we wanted to swap with Indy we would have done it for #3

Not if the Colts didnt want to move down that far. Its our biggest obstacle right now. Teams probably don't want to move down to 12 from the top 3.

Question for you guys, if Mayfield did indeed drop to #6, why would we need to trade up that high for him? The only threat to take Mayfield at that point is Miami.

#6 Indy - Luck

#7 Tampa Bay - Winston

#8 Chicago - Trubisky

#9 San Fran - Jimmy G

#10 Oakland - Carr

#11 Miami - Tannehill, but may take one, maybe not.

So if one of the top 4 got past the top 5 picks, there is virtually no threat until #11. If we could just jump up 2-3 spots, we would have a really good chance at one of the top 4.

• Like (+1) 1

I see it a little differently  ... 

1 Cle-Darnold

2 Giants-Rosen

3 Jets-Mayfield

4 Cle-Barkley

5 Den-Allen

And I see Miami taking Jackson @ 11, so the Bills would have to jump them. More likely the BIlls take a positional player @ 12 and possibly Rudolph @ 22. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

So then why would they trade back again if that’s what they wanted?

I'm not the OP. I don't think they are likely to trade back again. Ballard did say they need talented players on cheap deals when talking about reason for the trade. But I think they have a target in mind and wanted pick 6 for a specific player. 

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Not if the Colts didnt want to move down that far. Its our biggest obstacle right now. Teams probably don't want to move down to 12 from the top 3.

This thread was created to say we should trade to #6 with the Colts

" As the draft sits today, with the Colts at 6 I would say there is the best value for a trade up. "

What I am saying is, if the Colts are really interested in moving down from 6 to 12 - we should have just went to 3 at that point...