Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is no advantage for the Bills in waiting. Literally zero. The sooner the better and cheaper. Do it today before a team like Miami or Denver gets there. Then we are done. There is no possible reason to wait.

The Giants aren't trading down until they know for sure that Sa'quon Barkley isn't available. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I agree. 

If we have to give up both first, both seconds, and next year's first, I'd do it. 

The Bills have plenty of ammo to trade up - just depends on if they'll pull the trigger. 

NO WAY!!!

There is not a QB in this draft worthy of this much value...If this was A. Luck or Rodgers yes.

This is specifically what Beane was referring to in the press conference, they have a value on a prospect. Don't get loss with the fact. I understand that QB are overvalued come draft time but you don't deal from a position of weakness, imo...also overall there is only one QB with a top 5 grade (Darnold) and he needs a year or two of development, imho.

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills should make every effort to jump up to the #2 pick to get their guy. 

I'd imagine they've already talked with NYG. It seems the Browns are going QB at #1 , leaving Barkley for the Giants. I don't think they pass on him unless they are made an offer they simply can't refuse. Do they move up for the 3rd QB off the board , with CLE or maybe even DEN ( I don't think they take a QB at 5) ? This may not unfold until draft day now, as picks come off the board and they see who NYJ and CLE take at QB. 

Just now, pimp on da' net said:

NO WAY!!!

There is not a QB in this draft worthy of this much value...If this was A. Luck or Rodgers yes.

This is specifically what Beane was referring to in the press conference, they have a value on a prospect. Don't get loss with the fact. I understand that QB are overvalued come draft time but you don't deal from a position of weakness, imo...also overall there is only one QB with a top 5 grade (Darnold) and he needs a year or two of development, imho.

In fairness, neither of us know if there is or isnt...

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

Who is everyone else? Fans? You don't know what other teams think. There is no consensus out there for what teams think.

GMs, other teams.

If Beane thinks "his guy" will be there at 12, still, then he is of the opinion that he is smarter than every other GM in the league because he knows how the draft is going to play out.

That's a dumb way to think.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

GMs, other teams.

If Beane thinks "his guy" will be there at 12, still, then he is of the opinion that he is smarter than every other GM in the league because he knows how the draft is going to play out.

That's a dumb way to think.

No other team has told you or anyone else what they want or how the rank.

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't see the Giants picking at 2

They have made the types of moves a team makes when they feel they're close: trading draft picks, signing veterans, retaining high salaries, etc

They also have a mere 5 picks in this draft.

They can be had in a deal 

Giants are the target. It’s the only way to guarantee you get your man. It will cost a ton, including next year’s one, but that’s the price of doing business and well worth it for a QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

NO WAY!!!

Thank you !!! This ^^^^^^^^people !!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

No other team has told you or anyone else what they want or how the rank.

What are you even on about? I never said that, I know no team has told me.

You said:

What if their guy is a guy they wanted to take at #12 and they already did everything to get up to get him?

That would mean, Beane thinks he knows how the other 11 pick in front of him are going to play out. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

That is dumb.

Would you like me to explain why? The Miami Dolphins take "the guy" Beane traded up to 12 for. What now? If Brandon Beane has a guy he wants, he needs to get to a position where 11 other teams aren't picking in front of him.

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills should make every effort to jump up to the #2 pick to get their guy. 

They should but I don't think Gettlemen will budge. I know him & Beane have a good relationship... but I feel like they are set on Barkley & unless Cleveland draft Barkley (which I doubt it base off the Hyde signing) then the only chance we have is to mortage the farm for 1st overall. 

Don't give away the farm.  Build this year with our picks.  No rookie QB is a given.  We have our QB from Cin with some experience.  There will be F/A next year and another crop of rookie QB's.  Take a QB in the later rounds and hope.  That's all you can do with any of them.  No givens.

Edited by Direhard Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, McBean said:

Not happening. Giants are locked in on a QB and aren’t moving.

I agree...but I don't think it's for a QB... they want to win now. They are locked in for Barkley!

• Thank you (+1) 1