Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one is disputing that, but his position negates his importance. 

RB has been increasingly important over the past few years as elite QB play has declined. 

Barkley, Gordon and Landry forms an elite NFL offense. Insert a QB from the 4th overall pick and you greatly increase their odds of being successful with such a talented supporting cast. 

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Le'Veon Bell, Alvin Kamara, and Kareem Hunt all drafted beyond the 1st round. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

RB has been increasingly important over the past few years as elite QB play has declined. 

Barkley, Gordon and Landry forms an elite NFL offense. Insert a QB from the 4th overall pick and you greatly increase their odds of being successful with such a talented supporting cast. 

If the Bills trade up to #2, and draft Josh Allen, how upset are Bills fans going to be?  If they are going to trade up to 2 for Josh Allen, would you rather they just stay at 12?

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

If the Bills trade up to #2, and draft Josh Allen, how upset are Bills fans going to be?  If they are going to trade up to 2 for Josh Allen, would you rather they just stay at 12?

I think for most of us it goes with out saying: (a) very upset, (2) yes. 

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm just thinking why the Jets didn't just go up to #2, my guess is that it was unavailable, I think worst case scenario is we move up to #4 with Cleveland if the Giants aren't budging. That's if the Bills think there are truly 4 franchise QB's in this draft which is highly unlikely. 

Could Be The Spot For Mayfield, Most Think He Is Number 4 Anyway.

14 minutes ago, PIZ said:

We are not trading up...

If we do the right thing and TANK last season, NONE of this high Drama is necessary... What'd we accomplish? -Win nine games, luck into a wildcard

spot, THEN directly embarrass ourselves with an AWFUL performance... Now we're looking at taking out a mortgage on some scrub kid, who would have fallen

to us naturally, had we sucked as bad as we needed to in order to NOT get stuck in this no-man's-land.... STAY PUT Beane... This year's "Rosen one" might be

next year's "Rosen-bum."

Edited by #34fan

17 minutes ago, #34fan said:

If we do the right thing and TANK last season, NONE of this high Drama is necessary... What'd we accomplish? -Win nine games, luck into a wildcard

spot, THEN directly embarrass ourselves with an AWFUL performance... Now we're looking at taking out a mortgage on some scrub kid, who would have fallen

to us naturally, had we sucked as bad as we needed to in order to NOT get stuck in this no-man's-land.... STAY PUT Beane... This year's "Rosen one" might be

next year's "Rosen-bum."

Exactly ... if the Bills would just lose every game for two or three seasons, they'd be unbeatable . Think of the possibilities ! What kind of simpletons are running the show over there?  Just lose Baby! 

8 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Carlos Hyde?

The Browns just traded for Tyrod Taylor. I guess that means they aren't picking a QB.

LMAO

If they didn't have the 4th pick they wouldn't pick Barkley, but they do....

Barkley is the best player. Draft him, then get one of the QBs who are all similarly rated without a consensus #1 guy. 

Go into 2018 with Tyrod, Barkley, Landry, Gordon, Njoku and an improved D, and then hand the reigns to Allen, Darnold or Mayfield in 2019. 

You say the QB's are all "similarly" rated. But to whom? The national media?? Gimme a break. You don't know how each team grades them. I doubt VERY highly that teams all share a consensus on QB's like Rosen/ Allen. I call straight up BS on that notion

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

With the way things are shaping up, they stand a great chance of getting him at #4. 

The only way he goes in the top 4 is if Cle don't trade out of that spot. And still, with Chubb n Nelson, or Fitzpatrick there, its not even a lock at #4. Best overall player in the draft? Maybe. But not worth the cost at that point

The Pressure is on Buffalo

The Bills already came halfway by jumping to no. 12 in their trade with the Bengals, and they can’t afford to get stuck there. If the Giants are locked in at no. 2 and taking a quarterback, the Jets may have already whipped the Bills for position to grab the third quarterback off the board, leaving Buffalo to evaluate whoever is left at that point.

The most likely scenario for the Bills seems to be a move to no. 4 where Cleveland currently sits, but will that be high enough to land the passer they covet? The Bills are one of the few teams who could really offer the Giants a castle with the draft capital they possess, but I’m not sure New York is biting. It’s desperation time for the Bills, and if they get into a bidding war with the Broncos to move to no. 2 or 4, they could end up surrendering a ton of their assets in the process.

16 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Pressure is on Buffalo

The Bills already came halfway by jumping to no. 12 in their trade with the Bengals, and they can’t afford to get stuck there. If the Giants are locked in at no. 2 and taking a quarterback, the Jets may have already whipped the Bills for position to grab the third quarterback off the board, leaving Buffalo to evaluate whoever is left at that point.

The most likely scenario for the Bills seems to be a move to no. 4 where Cleveland currently sits, but will that be high enough to land the passer they covet? The Bills are one of the few teams who could really offer the Giants a castle with the draft capital they possess, but I’m not sure New York is biting. It’s desperation time for the Bills, and if they get into a bidding war with the Broncos to move to no. 2 or 4, they could end up surrendering a ton of their assets in the process.

This guy is telling us nothing new. Whether we jumped to spot 3 or 2, we’d be surrendering most of our draft capital for this year and even 1 or 2 picks next year. On a team that has multiple holes to fill, Beane is asking himself if any of these “top 4” QB’s are generational talent. He doesn’t want to chase a player. If they aren’t generational QB’s, he’ll stay put and select other pressing needs. The move to 12 was excellent. Giving away most of what you accumulated for a dog with fleas is not in Beane’s playbook. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

This guy is telling us nothing new. Whether we jumped to spot 3 or 2, we’d be surrendering most of our draft capital for this year and even 1 or 2 picks next year. On a team that has multiple holes to fill, Beane is asking himself if any of these “top 4” QB’s are generational talent. He doesn’t want to chase a player. If they aren’t generational QB’s, he’ll stay put and select other pressing needs. The move to 12 was excellent. Giving away most of what you accumulated for a dog with fleas is not in Beane’s playbook. 

But what if that dog can hunt?

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

But what if that dog can hunt?

All four of them can hunt. One has a good sniffer but prefers swimming. The second is a big puppy, has potential but has only played with other pups. The third looks pretty but picks up false scents alot. And the last one is the runt of the litter and yaps a lot. None of them are “Old Yeller”. Don’t waste your money on a mediocre huntin’ dog. Buy a better shotgun at MLB. 

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

All four of them can hunt. One has a good sniffer but prefers swimming. The second is a big puppy, has potential but has only played with other pups. The third looks pretty but picks up false scents alot. And the last one is the runt of the litter and yaps a lot. None of them are “Old Yeller”. Don’t waste your money on a mediocre huntin’ dog. Buy a better shotgun at MLB. 

Thank you Buddy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

You say the QB's are all "similarly" rated. But to whom? The national media?? Gimme a break. You don't know how each team grades them. I doubt VERY highly that teams all share a consensus on QB's like Rosen/ Allen. I call straight up BS on that notion

The only way he goes in the top 4 is if Cle don't trade out of that spot. And still, with Chubb n Nelson, or Fitzpatrick there, its not even a lock at #4. Best overall player in the draft? Maybe. But not worth the cost at that point

The top ten will be QB centric due to simple supply and demand.

23 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The top ten will be QB centric due to simple supply and demand.

Absolutely. And with Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson and maybe even a top LB, I have a hard time seeing Barkley going that early. He IS a beast, no doubt. Living near, and working at Penn State, I'm very familiar with him and his exceptional talent.  But there's a whole lot of talent elsewhere that teams typically put a higher premium on than RB. Just my belief

The giants aren't moving out of the top ten, Beane is going to have to get into the top ten, then hope the Giants will make the deal. 

Darnold, Rosen and Allen will all be gone by the fourth overall.

This is why, once we got to 12 we absolutely needed to get up to the third overall.