Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

29 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I think #7 gets Gettleman Nelson....

Browns:  Darnold (The highest ceiling but needs the finishing work Hue thinks he can provide)

Bills:  Rosen (McD and Beane value intellect over any other trait--they go with the smartest player)

Jets:  Mayfield (Perfect fit for NY -- the biggest personality -- I honestly think this is who they want)

Browns:  Barkley

Broncos:  Allen (Allen has every trait that will make Elway want him...he is a piece of clay Elway will want to mold)

Colts; Chubb

Giants:  Nelson

This is the move

7 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

How do we know that Indy wanted Barkley? I'm guessing that virtually EVERY team wants him, but at what pick is the thing that you seem to be overlooking. Cle is set. QB 1, Barkley 4. No way a RB is going before 4. And IF someone does, they're dumb. Elliot went 4 ONLY because it was a huge need WITH an amazing online already in place. I agree that Barkley is awesome. But damn,  he ain't going before QB's at 1-3. And if Giants keep their pick, I still don't see Gentleman going RB. Not without significantly upgrading the rest of the team in FA. It would be an utter failure at that pick

How do we know? Their owner practically said it two months ago. 

Barkley is the best player in the draft. He's the best running back prospect to enter the league in 10 years.

He's the guy Cleveland is going to take #1 overall, because he's not going to be available 4th overall. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

How do we know? Their owner practically said it two months ago. 

Barkley is the best player in the draft. He's the best running back prospect to enter the league in 10 years.

He's the guy Cleveland is going to take #1 overall, because he's not going to be available 4th overall. 

It makes no sense for the Browns to draft Barkley at #1 with so many teams lurking to get a QB. 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It makes no sense for the Browns to draft Barkley at #1 with so many teams lurking to get a QB. 

There are four top QBs in the draft.

There is one top RB. He's also the guy everyone has as the #1 overall player in the draft. 

Seems simple; take Barkley and a top 3 QB, or take a top 3 QB and a player other than Barkley. 

If they want Barkley, there's only one scenario that makes sense. If they don't take him, guaranteed the Giants do. 

Edited by jrober38

Just now, jrober38 said:

There is one top RB. He's also the guy everyone has as the #1 overall player in the draft. 

Seems simple; take Barkley and a top 3 QB, or take a top 3 QB and a player other than Barkley. 

It makes sense for them to draft their #1 rated QB and they will at #1. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It makes sense for them to draft their #1 rated QB and they will at #1. 

Who is the #1 QB in the draft?

I know who the #1 RB is. Who the #1 QB is seems to vary by a pretty wide degree..... 

The Browns will go BPA with the 1st overall pick. That's Barkley. 

Edited by jrober38

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If they want Barkley, there's only one scenario that makes sense. If they don't take him, guaranteed the Giants do. 

Yes, however there are several very good RBs in this draft. The learning curve is much less at that position. The Browns went out and signed Carlos Hyde, so they'll be picking the QB of their choice at 1

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

Who is the #1 QB in the draft?

I know who the #1 RB is. Who the #1 QB is seems to vary by a pretty wide degree..... 

It doesn't matter if a RB is the best player in the draft and you are not factoring in their history. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, however there are several very good RBs in this draft. The learning curve is much less at that position. The Browns went out and signed Carlos Hyde, so they'll be picking the QB of their choice at 1

Carlos Hyde?

The Browns just traded for Tyrod Taylor. I guess that means they aren't picking a QB.

LMAO

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It doesn't matter if a RB is the best player in the draft and you are not factoring in their history. 

If they didn't have the 4th pick they wouldn't pick Barkley, but they do....

Barkley is the best player. Draft him, then get one of the QBs who are all similarly rated without a consensus #1 guy. 

Go into 2018 with Tyrod, Barkley, Landry, Gordon, Njoku and an improved D, and then hand the reigns to Allen, Darnold or Mayfield in 2019. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Carlos Hyde?

The Browns just traded for Tyrod Taylor. I guess that means they aren't picking a QB.

LMAO

If they didn't have the 4th pick they wouldn't pick Barkley, but they do....

Barkley is the best player. Draft him, then get one of the QBs who are all similarly rated without a consensus #1 guy. 

Go into 2018 with Tyrod, Barkley, Landry, Gordon, Njoku and an improved D, and then hand the reigns to Allen or Mayfield in 2019. 

With the way things are shaping up, they stand a great chance of getting him at #4. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Carlos Hyde?

LMAO

Well , not exactly. They'll take a QB at # 1 for obvious reasons. They will gladly take a high quality RB later in the draft with their plethora of picks while other teams are scrambling to pay multiple picks for the remaining QBs in round one. Don't believe me? Fine, just watch the draft. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

With the way things are shaping up, they stand a great chance of getting him at #4. 

The Giants are going to take Barkley if the Browns don't.

Again - Barkley is the #1 player in the draft.

9 hours ago, McBean said:

Not happening. Giants are locked in on a QB and aren’t moving.

Giants fans are a angry bunch..I watch a lot of SNY on my sports package..judging by what the mass NYC media says..the fan base will go looney if they don't land the fill in for a not so popular and aging Manning.Barkley to the Browns..then the Giants/Jets take the two QB's.Cleveland just might end up with Mayfield instead of Denver?