Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

The question is, did the Jets really have to trade up to 2? It would’ve cost much more to do to so, perhaps adding in next year’s 1st. They know the Giants won’t be picking a QB, so the Colts spot gives them 1 of the top 2 QBs, possibly the best one. 

The downside would be that that someone else, like a certain division rival leap frogs them. Is this risk really worth the bounty they would need to pay? Do you pay this price just to block a division rival?

I'd say there is only one possibility . The NYG pick at # 2 is not available. The G men either are absolutely taking Barkley, have a deal for the 2nd pick worked out with another team , or want 4 first round picks for their spot. So the target became the Colts at 3. They may have been in a duel with the Bills and likely others as well.  The  Colts likely played the teams off each other to extract the number of picks they wanted from the NYJ. Absolutely the Jets make the move to assure themselves the spot before other teams jump them. A division rival? All the better still. 

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 15s15 seconds ago

Bills may be SOL and have to get a QB from next group after top 4.

Probably true, unless they pry #4 form CLE , 5 from DEN or they shock everyone by announcing a deal with the NYG for pick#2. 

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Again, there were several reports that said the Bills have been the most aggressive team in targeting a trade up.  If you need someone to say "The Bills were also talking to Indy, they offered x,y,z" to believe we were talking about a pick that was clearly in play, then yes, that's not reality, that reporting doesn't happen.

Has there really?

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 15s15 seconds ago

Bills may be SOL and have to get a QB from next group after top 4.

Welp, this could suck. 

2 minutes ago, stony said:

Has there really?

There were some tweets that they were discussing tradecwith Colts a week ago or so. Probably true, Colts likely played a few teams off each other to get the best deal. Other than that, justvlots of speculation about a move up due to acquiring picks. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'd imagine they've already talked with NYG. It seems the Browns are going QB at #1 , leaving Barkley for the Giants. I don't think they pass on him unless they are made an offer they simply can't refuse. Do they move up for the 3rd QB off the board , with CLE or maybe even DEN ( I don't think they take a QB at 5) ? This may not unfold until draft day now, as picks come off the board and they see who NYJ and CLE take at QB. 

I'm not saying they are not taking a qb with 1st overall pick. But browns already named their starting qb. If they take qb 1st overall, why wouldnt they let him compete for the job? They also signed hyde, so maybe they value more picks over Barkley at #1. Maybe they want to trade back for high draft picks to fill out their roster with top end talent. Nothing is set in stone and possibilities are out there.

Just now, Bills4life1924 said:

I'm not saying they are not taking a qb with 1st overall pick. But browns already named their starting qb. If they take qb 1st overall, why wouldnt they let him compete for the job? They also signed hyde, so maybe they value more picks over Barkley at #1. Maybe they want to trade back for high draft picks to fill out their roster with top end talent. Nothing is set in stone and possibilities are out there.

Browns have pretty much stated they are taking QB at 1. Hyde signing means they are ok with drafting a RB other than Barkley. They named their starting QB because they signed a guy they think they can win some games with. That doesn't usually happen when you start a rookie and these guys will be fired if they don't win some soon. 1-31 in last 2 seasons and new GM means they are on the thinnest of ice. I'm not surprised they named a starting QB at all. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Now that they Jets are feeling all good about their prospects, wouldn’t it be glorious to jump in front of them at the last minute and steal their guy?!?! They’’d never admit it, of course.... “we got our guy”, but how great would that be? A guy can dream....

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You could very well be right that they won't move out.   With them losing out on #3,  he needs to try to make it worth their while. 

when you say, "lose out", you're implying that they tried to move up.... link?

46 minutes ago, Success said:

I think if they got the 10 best gm’s in history to vote on that idea, it would be unanimously against that kind of panic move.

Why do you think that?

The best GM in Bills history sold the farm for an OLB in Cornelius Bennett.

Why would it be a bad move for the most important position in sports?

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Look up. Link already provided. 

I saw that, so we need to believe everything Todd Mcshay is saying....ill remember that next time he throws out some garbage comment...it probably won't take long for that to happen

10 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

I saw that, so we need to believe everything Todd Mcshay is saying....ill remember that next time he throws out some garbage comment...it probably won't take long for that to happen

Do you really believe we didn't try to move up?  

Every single report mentioning the Bills has said they've been trying to move up, this is going back to before the combine there were reports about the Bills trying to move up.  We clearly moved up to 12.  Do you honestly believe the team wasn't talking to Indy about #3 and otherwise hasn't been trying to move up?

3 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

You either accept it or not. Fine by me. 

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Do you really believe we didn't try to move up?  

Every single report mentioning the Bills has said they've been trying to move up, this is going back to before the combine there were reports about the Bills trying to move up.  We clearly moved up to 12.  Do you honestly believe the team wasn't talking to Indy about #3 and otherwise hasn't been trying to move up?

I honestly think Beane could have beat the Jets offer, so no I don't think he valued Rosen or whoever quarterback that high....which makes this thread useless, since it will take more to get pick #2

1 minute ago, dabills21 said:

I honestly think Beane could have beat the Jets offer, so no I don't think he valued Rosen or whoever quarterback that high....which makes this thread useless, since it will take more to get pick #2

Chris Ballard, the Colts' GM, say they didn't want to move out of the top ten so he couldn't. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Chris Ballard, the Colts' GM, say they didn't want to move out of the top ten so he couldn't. 

So you're saying we never had a chance to make a deal with the Colts?  But you think the Jets gave up all those picks and are gambling that Buffalo won't make a trade with the Giants....hmmm

Better odds, Gmen stand pat and draft Barkley. If Indy was never in play for us, still can't get why you said we "lost out"...more like never had the opportunity