Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

Who here thinks they haven't been talking?

Personally, I think the Giants would be stupid to pass on a QB, but they might.  Paring Nelson with Solder would do wonders for Eli, if they are going to rally around him.  

There could be a draft day scenario where Giants draft QB "a" and the Bills move up slightly to draft Nelson and then a trade of the 2 picks would ensue.  

Giants are taking a QB at number 2.  I don't buy we have any sort of deal in place, it would have been announced.  If the Giants were open to moving down, they would have taken the Jets picks and known they were getting blue chip talent along with 3 2nd round picks.  We played poker, the Jets flipped a better hand, now all that's left is a potential move to #4 to take the 4th best QB prospect, or just taking a Mike White level talent in round 3-4 to wage a battle of mediocrity with McCarron and Peterman.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Giants are taking a QB at number 2.  I don't buy we have any sort of deal in place, it would have been announced.  If the Giants were open to moving down, they would have taken the Jets picks and known they were getting blue chip talent along with 3 2nd round picks.  We played poker, the Jets flipped a better hand, now all that's left is a potential move to #4 to take the 4th best QB prospect, or just taking a Mike White level talent in round 3-4 to wage a battle of mediocrity with McCarron and Peterman.

That cannot be the option if they want to ascend beyond mediocrity. 

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Who here thinks they haven't been talking?

Personally, I think the Giants would be stupid to pass on a QB, but they might.  Paring Nelson with Solder would do wonders for Eli, if they are going to rally around him.  

There could be a draft day scenario where Giants draft QB "a" and the Bills move up slightly to draft Nelson and then a trade of the 2 picks would ensue.  

I also think they would be stupid. Even if Nelson is guaranteed to be the next John Hannah, I'm not burning #2 on an OG, definitely not this draft anyways. Either potentially phenom QB or a treasure chest of draft picks.

10 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That cannot be the option if they want to ascend beyond mediocrity. 

I completely agree. 

I think there are two options:

1)  We are deep in talks with the Giants, to the point both teams know it's happen, and the Colts and Jets know it's not an option for the Colts to trade with us or the Jets to trade with the Giants

or

2)  The Giants aren't moving, and they are set on QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see the Giants picking at 2

They have made the types of moves a team makes when they feel they're close: trading draft picks, signing veterans, retaining high salaries, etc

They also have a mere 5 picks in this draft.

They can be had in a deal 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, McBean said:

Not happening. Giants are locked in on a QB and aren’t moving.

I don't think this is true at all. 

People are jumping to conclusions. 

One of two things are going to happen:

1. Browns pick Barkley #1 overall, Giants trade down and accumulate picks.

2. Browns pick a QB #1 overall, Giants pick Barkley. 

The Giants aren't trading their pick until they know if they can get Barkley.

• Like (+1) 4