Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

2 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Blueprint Shoeprint.

If they have a deal it would have been done already. No reason to wait.

Only if 1 of the following:

1.  Gettleman is greedy giving someone a chance to offer more or bleed the Bills for more.

2.  The Bills have only targetted 1 guy worth trading up for.

3.  The Giants have 1 guy they would take at 2 and want to see if he'll be there.

6 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Blueprint Shoeprint.

There’s a reason to wait for the giants.  They may be able to get more than our best offer.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Blueprint Shoeprint.

Theres every reason to wait— what if the bills (or giants) only like one qb at that spot? What if the giants don’t want to sell early?

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

There’s a reason to wait for the giants.  They may be able to get more than our best offer.

Outside of Denver offering the ability for the Giants to still get Chubb or Barkley, no one realistically can beat our best offer.

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Theres every reason to wait— what if the bills (or giants) only like one qb at that spot? What if the giants don’t want to sell early?

The Giants are going to let that clock tick and get what they really want.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

40 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

3 Team trades, especially those that are involving such high profile chips, are so rare. Hard to imagine this going down. 

....and just don't see McBeane as a riverboat gambler with pouring draft capital into ONE player.....but then again, I'm rarely right.............

26 minutes ago, PIZ said:

So I get excited at the first part of the tweet, and then a big letdown.  Blueprint to the trade...."YES!!!" ... and then "if it happens at all, as the Giants want to field further offers".?

It’s just the same speculation worded a different way. He even said “people” have “speculated” 

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

Agreed, I thought that strange as well. I'm not working out for you because you're drafting 11th. smh

I totally get this line of thinking and dont disagree... but I also think there is a flip side with a lot of coin at stake. Obv this isnt as clear cut as luck, but I dont remember if the colts said weeks before they were going w luck or if he worked out for other teams. Darnold does not = luck, but might be the closest thing to this years version. I wonder if say Miami asks for a work out... what is his response?

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

I totally get this line of thinking and dont disagree... but I also think there is a flip side with a lot of coin at stake. Obv this isnt as clear cut as luck, but I dont remember if the colts said weeks before they were going w luck or if he worked out for other teams. Darnold does not = luck, but might be the closest thing to this years version. I wonder if say Miami asks for a work out... what is his response?

I think that's easy he says yes. The point is the teams may trade up for you, they aren't wasting their time otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Outside of Denver offering the ability for the Giants to still get Chubb or Barkley, no one realistically can beat our best offer.

The Giants are going to let that clock tick and get what they really want.

We don’t even know what the offer is.  Sure, if it’s both 1sts, both 2nds and a 1st next year, no one can beat it, but it might not be THAT much.  If another GM is in love with one of these guys they may be willing to part with lots more long term.  The jets traded 3 2nd rd picks to move up 3 spots.  Someone could give up the house this year plus multiples next year.  It COULD happen, not saying it will.  You just never know because we don’t know the bills offer.

I think it's a 3 way trade with another team in the top 8. Beane mentioned being wary of trading up to 7 or 8 and then being "stuck" if you can't keep going higher. Seems like there's something going down that requires 3 teams to act simultaneously. 

The giants message board is kind of amusing. 

Although they might be a little behind in saying they know the Bill's want Allen, they seem to think trading a bounty for Allen would be dumb and they are all over it. I'm indifferent on Allen but they seem to love Darnold (and rightfully so) and seem to bite hook line and sinker the gmen take him at 2 if he is there. They very well may of course but there's smoke everywhere so who even k owes who loves who. 

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

So, say Allen goes #1.  Bills get #2.  Who do we pick out of Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield?

Darnold IMO.

However, it's been rumored Darnold is the only QB the Giants would take if there.

Who the hell knows at this point.

Is it draft night yet?

• Thank you (+1) 1