Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

21 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That doesn't make sense if you put Beane's comments about pick 22 against that. 

I think it will be somewhat predicated on what the trade partner values more. The Browns at 4 may prefer 2019 draft capital while a team like Denver may want the two 1sts this year 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Bills need a MLB bad. It makes sense if they want to keep 22 and give up next year's 1st instead

You could be looking at a 5 win season in 2018.  That 2019 draft pick is very valuable.   

Bills can get a veteran MLB in FA next year who will be much better than anyone who will be available at #22 this year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

Bills need a MLB bad. It makes sense if they want to keep 22 and give up next year's 1st instead

In a way it makes sense, but if you think the Bills might be one of the worst teams in football this year - and it's a distinct possibility - then that #1 next year could be a top 10 pick. I'm all for giving up this year's 22 and keeping next year's 1.

This is especially true if what we're hearing about there not being a large differential in the quality of players from the end of the 1st round to the 3rd round is accurate.

1 minute ago, MDH said:

In a way it makes sense, but if you think the Bills might be one of the worst teams in football this year - and it's a distinct possibility - then that #1 next year could be a top 10 pick. I'm all for giving up this year's 22 and keeping next year's 1.

This is especially true if what we're hearing about there not being a large differential in the quality of players from the end of the 1st round to the 3rd round is accurate.

other teams might think the Bills will stink and pick high but i doubt the Bills believe that to be true (even though it might be)

8 hours ago, MDH said:

Top 10 pick was said to be  a distinct possibility last season too; didn't happen.  I don't think we see a truly bad Bills team in the near future.  Bad for them will be around .500.  They might get there in ugly fashion, but they'll get to at least 7.  

I base this this off of McDermott's operating procedure.

Edited by purple haze

So a British guy I know who works for NFLUK on their website interface stuff says he has inside knowledge and we are going to #2. His track record of being right vs wrong is about 50/50 in my experience so I wouldn't put too much stock by it.... but he does remind me that he called the OBJ to the Giants pick (although from memory that was a bit of an open secret wasn't it?)

I am in the believe anything good mode now. 

12 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Top 10 pick was said to be  a distinct possibility last season too; didn't happen.  I don't think we see a truly bad Bills team in the near future.  Bad for them will be around .500.  They might get there in ugly fashion, but they'll get to at least 7.  

I base this this off of McDermott's operating procedure.

Tend to agree. Getting the most out of his guys seems to be a trait. I suppose the flip side is motivation, leadership and strategy only take you so far. At the end of the day talent always wins in thr long run. At the moment we don't have enough of that. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So a British guy I know who works for NFLUK on their website interface stuff says he has inside knowledge and we are going to #2. His track record of being right vs wrong is about 50/50 in my experience so I wouldn't put too much stock by it.... but he does remind me that he called the OBJ to the Giants pick (although from memory that was a bit of an open secret wasn't it?)

Tend to agree. Getting the most out of his guys seems to be a trait. I suppose the flip side is motivation, leadership and strategy only take you so far. At the end of the day talent always wins in thr long run. At the moment we don't have enough of that. 

Do we really have any clear idea who the Browns are taking at 1?  Who are we likely targeting at 2?

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we're going to 2 it means either Cleveland isn't taking Darnold, or they believe the Jets want Rosen.

Or Gettleman settled down and gave us a bro deal.

Cleveland trading the 4 pick. It will be announced once they are on the clock so there's no opportunity to trade the 4 for the 2 if it's with us. UNLESS the trade is with the Giants after they trade with us. Doubt it though