Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

The fact that there have been no leaks and we have no idea what the Bills want to do is the best, even if we have to be patient. The only leak that Allbright has been parroting was purposely/forcefully given to him by the Bills by his own admission so I will not take it as real info.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Draft boards being set doesn’t really have a lot to do with whether the teams are going to make trades. The teams already know who is willing to trade and who isn’t. These conversations have been taking place for months. The boards just tell the teams who they would take and when. If the Colts dont trade they know who they are taking at 6... if they trade down they know who they are taking at 12...they’ve gone through all the scenarios. It could even be the same player but they won’t know who is there until Thursday. Most teams will just stick to their board. 

I agree with you about seeing how the draft plays out and go from there, but the board being set has a lot to do with trades. You create a draft board for value of the prospects. If a teams value of players drop off after their 10th rated player, their not trading down past 10 (most likely). Until you have a final board no team knows how far they will want to trade down. That's why trades are not usually made until boards are pretty much set. Yes they have preliminary talks bout trades months in advanced, but nothing usually gets done early on because no values are set on the prospects.(Colts had a deal they couldn't refuse with the jets, to only move down 3 spots).  Having ur final board set has a lot to do with trading picks before/during the draft. A team could feel good moving down 10 spots bc they have a big clump of players rated equal, so they would make a trade knowing they will get someone they like and pickup draft pick assets.

I heard this from a friend who heard it from his sister who sleeps with the brother of a source that shall go nameless in the front office:

The  Bills are waiting to see who Cleveland picks before they spend a ton of draft capital to get to two.   So beat that... COME ON DRAFT end our fruitless worrying already!

My hope is that we call the Giants if and only if Cleveland does not take Darnold.  

I hope cleveland does this:

1)Barkley (arguably the best talent in this draft)

4)Whatever QB they have on rated highly at the pick.  

If we can get to 5 or 7 and still have a shot at Rosen and not spend our 22 on trading up we still get to have 2 picks in round 1.  (bundle 2 2nd rounders to get to 5 along with 12 or a 12 with a 2 and 3 to get to 7).  

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I seen a lot of people saying Rudolph to the Bills at 23 and you guys take a LB at 12

We're picking at 22, so it's already inaccurate.  Maybe Edmunds falls to 12.  No way Smith makes it (my preferred lb).  Still think we end up trading up for qb.

19 minutes ago, MClem06 said:

I heard this from a friend who heard it from his sister who sleeps with the brother of a source that shall go nameless in the front office:

The  Bills are waiting to see who Cleveland picks before they spend a ton of draft capital to get to two.   So beat that... COME ON DRAFT end our fruitless worrying already!

My hope is that we call the Giants if and only if Cleveland does not take Darnold.  

I hope cleveland does this:

1)Barkley (arguably the best talent in this draft)

4)Whatever QB they have on rated highly at the pick.  

If we can get to 5 or 7 and still have a shot at Rosen and not spend our 22 on trading up we still get to have 2 picks in round 1.  (bundle 2 2nd rounders to get to 5 along with 12 or a 12 with a 2 and 3 to get to 7).  

I would be praying that the Browns take Darnold. If Darnold is available when the Giants pick, I don't see them trading their number 2 overall pick. I think Darnold's their guy.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

2 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Rudolph to the bills at 23?? Are u really a Pats fan?? If u were, u would know the Pats have pick #23!!

Lmao I meant 22 I don’t want Rudolph I want Lauletta. In the 2nd round I want D help for both first round picks or the top TE out of the draft if possible.

22 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

I agree with you about seeing how the draft plays out and go from there, but the board being set has a lot to do with trades. You create a draft board for value of the prospects. If a teams value of players drop off after their 10th rated player, their not trading down past 10 (most likely). Until you have a final board no team knows how far they will want to trade down. That's why trades are not usually made until boards are pretty much set. Yes they have preliminary talks bout trades months in advanced, but nothing usually gets done early on because no values are set on the prospects.(Colts had a deal they couldn't refuse with the jets, to only move down 3 spots).  Having ur final board set has a lot to do with trading picks before/during the draft. A team could feel good moving down 10 spots bc they have a big clump of players rated equal, so they would make a trade knowing they will get someone they like and pickup draft pick assets.

I actually think their boards have been set for awhile.  One former scout said the draft could take place early March, teams have the board set. The only slight movement that takes place is among position groups. Guys may move up or down with their own group. Teams saying they are setting the board are really saying they setting it according to scenarios, not according to their rankings. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I actually think their boards have been set for awhile. Not much significant movement since the combine. One former scout said the draft could take place early March, teams have the board set. Teams saying they are setting the board are really saying they setting it according to scenarios, not according to their rankings. 

I'm sure there is truth to that, they have scouts watching these guys for years in college. It's the visits and meetings that could tinker the board a little bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao I meant 22 I don’t want Rudolph I want Lauletta. In the 2nd round I want D help for both first round picks or the top TE out of the draft if possible.

I'm obviously no expert, but I have you guys going tackle at 23, te at 31, and taking lauletta with pick 95