Time for Beane to Call Gettleman - Beane Says the Bills Have the Capital to Get to #2

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I think it's a 3 way trade with another team in the top 8. Beane mentioned being wary of trading up to 7 or 8 and then being "stuck" if you can't keep going higher. Seems like there's something going down that requires 3 teams to act simultaneously. 

Why?  I think NYG would rather have 12,22,53,65 than splitting it.  Imo 2019 2nd is on thr table.  They want 2019 1st.  Beane is staying strong.  Come eve of or day of that 2nd becomes 1 and is done.

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

So I get excited at the first part of the tweet, and then a big letdown.  Blueprint to the trade...."YES!!!" ... and then "if it happens at all, as the Giants want to field further offers".?

But it is all made up crap.  Nobody knows one way or the other.

8 minutes ago, papazoid said:

you can't fix the QB position in free agency.....only the draft......

you can fix every other position need via free agency

who cares what it takes to move up to #2 to get a QB

"Who cares what it takes" is overstating it, no?

I mean, I get your point about QB drafting.  I'm a Rosen Fanboy (trademark) ;)

It's just that we have a LOT of holes to fill, especially with Wood and Incognito out of the picture.  Two unexpected hits.  And do we have linebackers?  I like that Boston College kid, but is that it?

So yeah: I would trade up for Rosen, but... I'm not going to myocardiacally infarc if we stand pat and draft 6 players in the first three rounds.  I like AJ McCarron well enough.  There has got to be a "thin red line" somewhere, and I think McBeane knows where that is, and that heartens me, tbh.

Edited by {::'KayCeeS::}

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

We don’t even know what the offer is.  Sure, if it’s both 1sts, both 2nds and a 1st next year, no one can beat it, but it might not be THAT much.  If another GM is in love with one of these guys they may be willing to part with lots more long term.  The jets traded 3 2nd rd picks to move up 3 spots.  Someone could give up the house this year plus multiples next year.  It COULD happen, not saying it will.  You just never know because we don’t know the bills offer.

It's funny reading all the insanity in this thread!

With all the holes in our roster,we can't give up nothing!and in fact we may end up moving down to acquire more picks if anything.

If we get lucky, we may come away with Mayfield or Jackson either one I'm fine with.

13 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

It's funny reading all the insanity in this thread!

With all the holes in our roster,we can't give up nothing!and in fact we may end up moving down to acquire more picks if anything.

If we get lucky, we may come away with Mayfield or Jackson either one I'm fine with.

Not sure what you meant here.

sure, we could move down, but it will be a failure if we don’t secure a top 5 QB imo.  We need upside.  If Lauletta, Rudolph, white or any of the other guys projected after rd 1 is the first QB we take, Beane will have missed out..  top 5 QBs or bust.  All 5 have very good ceilings.  The others are Andy Dalton max imo.

29 minutes ago, papazoid said:

you can't fix the QB position in free agency.....only the draft......

you can fix every other position need via free agency

who cares what it takes to move up to #2 to get a QB

Is that a picture of the Saint Lombardi in your avatar?  Or the Broncos?

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure what you meant here.

sure, we could move down, but it will be a failure if we don’t secure a top 5 QB imo.  We need upside.  If Lauletta, Rudolph, white or any of the other guys projected after rd 1 is the first QB we take, Beane will have missed out..  top 5 QBs or bust.  All 5 have very good ceilings.  The others are Andy Dalton max imo.

I was really talking about the speculation of giving up our 1st & 2nd round picks to move up, when our needs in other areas of the roster has become critical

7 minutes ago, Buffaloflash said:

I was really talking about the speculation of giving up our 1st & 2nd round picks to move up, when our needs in other areas of the roster has become critical

Gotcha,  I figured but couldn’t say for sure.  Our needs are critical, but nowhere near as critical as acquiring a good qb.  

I think that the Giants should really try and screw over their stadium partners and make the trade with the Bills but do it for a swap of like, the Bills #12 and maybe a 5th or 6th rounder, then everyone can sit and laugh at the jets for the ridiculous price they paid to move up 2 spots early

10 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

I agree it’s probably in the Giants best interest to wait until the last minute. Who knows what crazy offer will come out of the woodwork. 

The eagles, I think , waited about a week before the draft before pulling the trigger, so hopefully we can get a deal done before draft day. This wondering and waiting is exhausting.

9 hours ago, Yav said:

I can see the Bills sending both 1st, one second and that 3rd round pick they got from the Browns along with another pick perhaps in 2019 to the Giants for the 2nd pick in the draft. 

Virtually exactly what I think should happen.

Exactly the amount I think it should cost.

And considering we acquired our extra 1st rounder from a combination of trading down to 27 last year while still drafting a guy with top 10 worthy production, trading a Tackle who never saw the field with the new regime, our extra 2nd rounder trading a talented but oft-injured WR who would have cost a fortune to keep at this point and never saw the field with the new regime, and our extra 3rd rounder trading a QB the new regime inherited and clearly wanted to upgrade on for a price most seem to agree was well above market value, sending those picks to the Giants to get our Franchise QB for the next 15-20 years is something everyone should be willing, if not eager to do :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

If they do that, we got hosed. 

No additional pressure on the ‘franchise QB’. 

That's actually a very fair value for the 2nd pick, believe it or not.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We have the best ammo to pull it off. 

We kinda do.

Is there any other team with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds???