WR Reality

Vickveto

The bills traded for Kelvin Benjamin (former 1st rd) spent a 2nd rd on zay. They are our starting wrs moving forward.  The front office believes  it was more QB then WRS  for lack of product. Tyrod had the habit of holding the ball too long. We have needs at CB LB OL  and the remaining budget will lean in that direction  along with top picks don’t expect a wr till the 3rd rd or later or near vet min type of guys 

• Like (+1) 1

If this front office has confidence in McCarron then I can actually see Ridley being the first pick.  There's a need, he just played with Daboll and the offense would have a big Alabama connection in general, we wouldn't have to give up picks, etc.  Makes too much sense.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

2 hours ago, Vickveto said:

The bills traded for Kelvin Benjamin (former 1st rd) spent a 2nd rd on zay. They are our starting wrs moving forward.  The front office believes  it was more QB then WRS  for lack of product. Tyrod had the habit of holding the ball too long. We have needs at CB LB OL  and the remaining budget will lean in that direction  along with top picks don’t expect a wr till the 3rd rd or later or near vet min type of guys 

I agree, not sure why people are listing WR as a need, we need some depth and a speed WR, can be found in FA and later rounds of the draft. I fully expect Benjamin/Jones to be our duo this season, Jones showed flashes last year, I think he'll continue to grow as he learns from Benjamin.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I agree, not sure why people are listing WR as a need, we need some depth and a speed WR, can be found in FA and later rounds of the draft. I fully expect Benjamin/Jones to be our duo this season, Jones showed flashes last year, I think he'll continue to grow as he learns from Benjamin.

DJ  Chark from ellessuu in the second baby...he and White are buddies.Kid can do it all,including burn downfield.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree 100% So much of our WR's lack of production stemmed from a crazy hesitant QB in Tyrod Taylor. 

KB is our WR1. Period. And don't forget we have very good pass catchers in Shady and Clay.

Regardless of how anyone feels about Zay after last season - they traded up in Round 2 to get him. No team gives up on an investment like that after one bad (injured) rookie season. 

Andre Holmes is as good as you're going to get at WR4. And anyone beyond that would be a Brandon Reilly type.

Just need one speed WR. DJ Chark would be great. But I don't know how to make a trade up for a QB and him happen.

• Like (+1) 1

There are a few possibilities I like  but the reality is we invested a lot already  in that group  if he’s willing to come on for near vet min our staff is rolling with this group which had three rookies... 

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wonder if we would be in on Maclin again after we tried so hard last year.

Could you imagine the recipes this time around?

I think they have to sign somebody it's pretty obvious they're going to wait though for the smoke to settle and see what they can get on the cheap. They also remember what happens when you try to rely on a rookie wide out last year with Zay.

Although there are quite a few this year that I do like including Washington and Pettis.  Hopefully they can find the next Cooper Kupp.

I would love me some DJ Chark, assuming we grab the early QB we need (still has to be one of the big 4 and preferably not Allen) and an early LB. Im just not sure that Chark will be there beyond the late first. He balled out at the Senior Bowl and shredded the Combine, plus he is not small. His measurables will get him taken earlier than we can get him by a WR-needy team at the bottom of the first. I would love me some DJ Chark and Zay working out of the slot next year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Id take maclin on the cheap.  

KC and B-More didn't want him and he didn't want us last year..even with McCoy trying to lure him in.What makes him so special...getting him would be like dating a chick and soon after the prom she's dating another classmate.We are no longer the trash bag of the league...screw him.

We need three WR, with two of them better than Zay. I should qualify that with not more talented than Zay but faster and still NFL quality.

We have Benjamin. That's it. And he's a huge question mark. We need a solid number two and we need a solid speed guy, even if he is not great. A Mike Wallace kind of guy.

Ideally we will have Benjamin, a legit #2 in FA, a speed guy with talent on the cheap, and then Zay and re-sign Deonte on the cheap. But we need two or three new NFL quality WR, and one of them must be able to get deep and catch the ball. Like, say, a Goodwin.

I don't think that WR is a dire need for the Bills, but they could still use a deep threat.

Really wish we would have gone after John Brown.

DJ Chark would be a nice addition, but we have other areas of bigger need.

• Like (+1) 1