Bills Stay with 12th pick

bkep32

3 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

In the 2nd round I would hope that we could draft Maurice Hurst at 3 technique DT, nice future replacement for KW and may fall due to health issues at the combine.  With the 2nd pick in the second round I hope the DJ Chark is still available.

I dont think hurst will be available late 2nd rnd.  I would love him to but drafting back end of 2 hurts our chances.  I would like a rb also...maybe instead of kirk at 56 maybe penny would be available im not sure.

Truthfully no other position matters to the Bills right now.  Its QB and only QB.  This Bills team has drafted numerous top 10 players.  McKelvin, Gilmore, Maybin.  We drafted great in later rounds at time, Kyle Williams, Preston Brown, Glenn, We found un drafted guys like Freddie Jackson, and Robey.....And we never made the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back to 2001.  Would you trade the Buffalo Bills ENTIRE STARTING LINEUP for Tom Brady? Or Drew Brees? Or Rodgers?

Yes, you would!!!!!

Face it! We have one hole on this team.  ONE.  Its QUARTERBACK.  An all pro QB is worth 21 other starters.

Trade every pick we have in this draft for #1 and Taken Rosen.  His floor is Matt Ryan.  His Ceiling in Brady.   Every other QB is a bust or an Andy Dalton.

Edited by peterpan

14 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Rashaan Evans is the best LB in the draft, I don't care where mock drafts have him rated. Mason Rudolph may be a 2nd round prospect as well, but look how much the Jets gave up for #3. That pick is worth 2,200 and the Jets gave up 2,900. They overdrafted the living hell out of whichever QB they draft, so who cares if we draft an early 2nd round prospect at 22? QBs always get overdrafted.

I take it you're an Alabama fan.  Smith is way better then Evans but hey to each their own.  I wouldn't draft Rudolph in round 1 because there is a good chance he will be there in the second round and if not I don't think the talent between him and Falk are much different and Falk could definitely be had in later rounds.  Rudolph only put up gaudy numbers because of the system.

Edited by Zebrastripes

31 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is the Top 11 as I currently see it:

Browns - Sam Darbold

Giants - Saquon Barkley

Jets - Josh Rosen

Browns - Minkah Fitzpatrick 

Broncos - Quinten Nelson

Colts - Bradley Chubb

Buccaneers - Denzel Ward

Bears - Trumaine Edmunds

49ers - Derwin James

Raiders - Roquan Smith

Dolphins - Vita Vea

if this scenario plays out I see no real reason to give up draft capital with needs at MLB, OL, WR, CB, to move up higher with Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson available.

I would take Allen or Jackson at 12 and hope Leighton Vander Eshe or Rashean Evans is available at 22

I would bet every single asset I own this will

not he how it shakes out.

4 QB’s are going with the first 4 picks.

Just now, Zebrastripes said:

I take it you're an Alabama fan.  Smith is way better then Evans but hey to each their own.  I wouldn't draft Rudolph in round 1 because there is a good chance he will be there in the second round and if not I don't think the talent between him and Falk are much different and Falk could definitely be had in later rounds.  Rudolph only put up gayest numbers because of the system.

I'm not a Bama fan per se, but I do admire some of the prospects they've put out over the years. Forget where mocks have these guys rated, forget what the talking heads think. Every year there are guys that were rated as late 1st round picks that in hindsight we look back and ask ourselves, why wasn't this guy drafted earlier? Does it really matter if you take a guy 10-15 picks earlier than he was projected?

I think Rashaan Evans is going to be a top 3 LB in the NFL. He is more explosive and violent than Smith and Edmunds. This guy would make a weak area on our team a strength. Evans is going to be an elite LB at the next level.

As far as Rudolph goes, do you really want to take that chance as far as waiting until the 2nd goes? He is a really solid prospect, I could see him going at the very top of the 2nd round, why not just draft him 10 spots higher than where he'll go? He has the potential to be a very solid starter, who cares where mock drafts have him going? QBs always get overdrafted, once again.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm not a Bama fan per se, but I do admire some of the prospects they've put out over the years. Forget where mocks have these guys rated, forget what the talking heads think. Every year there are guys that were rated as late 1st round picks that in hindsight we look back and ask ourselves, why wasn't this guy drafted earlier? Does it really matter if you take a guy 10-15 picks earlier than he was projected?

I think Rashaan Evans is going to be a top 3 LB in the NFL. He is more explosive and violent than Smith and Edmunds. This guy would make a weak area on our team a strength. Evans is going to be an elite LB at the next level.

As far as Rudolph goes, do you really want to take that chance as far as waiting until the 2nd goes? He is a really solid prospect, I could see him going at the very top of the 2nd round, why not just draft him 10 spots higher than where he'll go? He has the potential to be a very solid starter, who cares where mock drafts have him going? QBs always get overdrafted, once again.

I'm not looking at mocks of these guys and basing my opinion on that.  If smith or Edmunds is there at 12 I'd rather have them over Evans.  I just don't see a Rudolph being a solid NFL starter.  Too many times a QB like Rudolph gets drafted and just doesn't do anything in the NFL.  I see Rudolph and Falk close to being on the same level and I think Falk will be there in the 3rd round.

For the poster who said 4 QB's are going in the first 4 picks, who is going to trade up to 4 with Cleveland and specify the team and what they would give up.

Something to keep in mind, know the market, the draft capital, current team needs post free agency before you make a post that makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I'm not looking at mocks of these guys and basing my opinion on that.  If smith or Edmunds is there at 12 I'd rather have them over Evans.  I just don't see a Rudolph being a solid NFL starter.  Too many times a QB like Rudolph gets drafted and just doesn't do anything in the NFL.  I see Rudolph and Falk close to being on the same level and I think Falk will be there in the 3rd round.

Ok

1 hour ago, bkep32 said:

Just playing scenarios here and still hope we move up to get a qb.  But what if OBD thinks price is too steep to move up to #1 or #2 to get ahead of jets. I dont think its to bad staying at 12 and doing something like this.

12. Edmunds or smith - LB

22. Lamar Jackson - QB

53. James Daniels - C

56. Chirstian Kirk - WR

65. Tim Settle - DT

I would be really happy with this.  Have lamar and aj in camp and battling it out.

Trade up to 1 or 2... which is where you have to be in order to insure getting one of Darnold or Rosen IMO... is going to cost you 3 or 4 of those names in the quote.  Sure there are several good quarterback prospects coming out this year... but there also seems to be an unusually large number of teams willing to do almost anything to get one of the top 3 or 4.  I might sit right where we are and take Jackson if I'm making the decision... you still get a quality QB prospect to develop behind McCarron...  but retain the chance to plug multiple holes on the roster as well.

I'm probably preferring this approach because I'd really rather have Jackson than Allen.

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is the Top 11 as I currently see it:

Browns - Sam Darbold

Giants - Saquon Barkley

Jets - Josh Rosen

Browns - Minkah Fitzpatrick 

Broncos - Quinten Nelson

Colts - Bradley Chubb

Buccaneers - Denzel Ward

Bears - Trumaine Edmunds

49ers - Derwin James

Raiders - Roquan Smith

Dolphins - Vita Vea

if this scenario plays out I see no real reason to give up draft capital with needs at MLB, OL, WR, CB, to move up higher with Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson available.

I would take Allen or Jackson at 12 and hope Leighton Vander Eshe or Rashean Evans is available at 22

Sign me up here as well.  Keep the picks.  Difference between qb1 and qb4 is negotiable

1 hour ago, bkep32 said:

Just playing scenarios here and still hope we move up to get a qb.  But what if OBD thinks price is too steep to move up to #1 or #2 to get ahead of jets. I dont think its to bad staying at 12 and doing something like this.

12. Edmunds or smith - LB

22. Lamar Jackson - QB

53. James Daniels - C

56. Chirstian Kirk - WR

65. Tim Settle - DT

I would be really happy with this.  Have lamar and aj in camp and battling it out.

I like that..need a rg though.

This post is not about moving up...yes i would much rather have that but if beene and company find it to steep or cant get a deal done, what would u like to have done.  Just trying to look at this a different angle since jets blew a load down there leg to move up 3 spots, and every other thread is about moving up to 2 and to go after our franchise qb but im not that sold on any of the 3 being that player either.  None of these guys have been talked about like luck or manning was out of college.  

2 hours ago, McBean said:

I would bet every single asset I own this will

not he how it shakes out.

4 QB’s are going with the first 4 picks.

The Browns are drafting TWO quarterbacks now??

Too bad I don't believe you have an asset to your name.

3 hours ago, yungmack said:

I believe McCarron is a better bet than Allen, Mayfield, Jackson or Rudolph, so if Rosen and Darnold are out of reach, stay at 12, go to work on the linebackers, WRs and Oline.

This is the most cogent and sane response I have read scanning various threads since the Jets made the trade.

The sky is not falling! I repeat, the sky is not falling! Every one of the “top four” quarterbacks have significant flaws. None of them are a sure thing à la Andrew luck. In particular I really don’t get all of this love for Mayfield. A pure system quarterback out of a conference that doesn’t play defense. I would take Allen over him if it was between those two. But of the bills really feel like they need to get a quarterback in the first round I would be quite content with either Jackson or rude off. 

There’s one thing I can guarantee you, the Bills Didn’t get AJ to be a “bridge”

Acquiring the 12th pick was genius, keeping it is just as smart.  Unloading the first half of our premier picks and "other picks" for one of the QBs in this draft seems a bit goofy and Ditka-ish.

It is curious to me why so many here feel we should overpay for a QB, in a class of QB's that many say is overrated.  Yet, this is the beauty of the NFL and message boards like this.  We are not the one's making the decisions, thankfully.

• Like (+1) 1