Bills Stay with 12th pick

bkep32

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Interesting thought here. If the Colts are looking for additional draft assets, 6 could still  be in play for us and that would give us more ammo to make a deal with the Giants at 2 who would still be able to get one of the blue chip targets at the top of the draft.  

I'd rather trade with the Bears at 8. None of the other QB needy teams have the capital to make it up that far. #12 and #65 would get us up there. 

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think you're the one that is confused my friend. I'd be shocked if Jackson was the guy, he's a sandlot QB like Tyrod. I think we want a rhythmic pocket passer, a QB that beat you with their brain and their arm, I don't see that in Jackson. 

If we do take Jackson though, you're damn right I'd be confused. Tyrod would have been the perfect bridge for Jackson.

I stand by Rudolph btw. Not sure where he goes or where other teams value him, but he is going to be a good pro.

Have we heard what type of offense the Bills are gonna run from their new OC?? Tyrod would have been a great bridge for Jackson had he not a $6 million roster bonus and $16 million salary. With Tyrod, it came down to economics. If the Bills have the opportunity to draft Jackson, he is the type of QB that can beat you with his arm, brain and legs. 

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd rather trade with the Bears at 8. None of the other QB needy teams have the capital to make it up that far. #12 and #65 would get us up there. 

I see that. So 12, 21, and what else to get to two?

Just now, the skycap said:

Have we heard what type of offense the Bills are gonna run from their new OC?? Tyrod would have been a great bridge for Jackson had he not a $6 million roster bonus and $16 million salary. With Tyrod, it came down to economics. If the Bills have the opportunity to draft Jackson, he is the type of QB that can beat you with his arm, brain and legs. 

:doh:

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I see that. So 12, 21, and what else to get to two?

12, 22, 53 and 56 according to the chart, but after the Jets trade, I think it would take more than that.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

:doh:

12, 22, 53 and 56 according to the chart, but after the Jets trade, I think it would take more than that.

I think so, too. I would spend next year's 1 in order to keep a two this year. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I would even throw in Shady, Hughes, or Tre White in if necessary. We passed on 2 QBs last year for him and we might miss out on the top ones this year again....

QB>>>CB

6 hours ago, bkep32 said:

Just playing scenarios here and still hope we move up to get a qb.  But what if OBD thinks price is too steep to move up to #1 or #2 to get ahead of jets. I dont think its to bad staying at 12 and doing something like this.

12. Edmunds or smith - LB

22. Lamar Jackson - QB

53. James Daniels - C

56. Chirstian Kirk - WR

65. Tim Settle - DT

I would be really happy with this.  Have lamar and aj in camp and battling it out.

If we don't move up, this appears to be a very good draft with a lot of good to potentially great players.  

We saw what they Jets did to move up to 3.  Two second rounders and a second next to move from 6 to 3.  

What would we need to move up to 2?  12, 22, 56 and a second rounder next season?

As much as 21 to 12 improved their stock to move into the top of the draft I also think it improved their position to get their #2 rated Qb.  They can now slide into the top 10 ensure of getting the next best guy and still have 22.  As the draft gets closer I think that could be a real possibility.  Some around here may be disappointed they dont get to 1 or 2, but a slight move up for a Qb later in the top 10 and get a linebacker at 22 may be the reality.  

46 minutes ago, youthemanog said:

Lamar is Tyron 2.0. No thank you we need a pocket passer not a half back that thinks they are a qb

I disagree.

18 hours ago, K-9 said:

I’m opposite of that. I think next year’s draft is better. There will be great pass rushers available next year. I’d rather use picks this year to move up. 12, 22, 56, 65 and a 4th next year. Something like that

..agree about staying at 12.....so far........maybe I'm reading way too much into it, but look at McBeane and FA...he sat back and waited for the "legal(?)" tampering period and 4:01PM feeding frenzy to be over with......THEN he grabbed his check book and coupons and went value shopping....played the McCarron deal perfectly.....resigned Cadet & Murphy......got the kid from the Deadskins, but nothing big or flashy nor MAJOR investment in ONE player (HINT: a pattern as to how he'll approach the draft ala no major draft capital investment in ONE player??)... still has FA money left and now sits back waiting for agents to call to find work for their unemployed clients at McBeane's terms....trade up to 12 gave him more spread versus 21 & 22, with only 15 minutes in between if he wanted to trade a pick as the draft unfolds....I believe he'll stay at 12 and has QB Plan A and Plan 1-A for who he picks as the draft progresses....if BOTH are gone, he may trade down 12 to last 1st and pick up an extra 2nd....who knows?....hell, he could keep 12 and go OL/DL or DL/OL depending on preference (maybe LB) and look to the next level of QB's ala Rudolph, Falk, Lauletta, White, etc as HIS definition of a Franchise QB....bottom line IMO is with the accumulated draft capital and the right guy at the helm, we could, COULD be in the best shape since the Polian era.....BUT there will be a litany of FIRE BEANE threads and how bad he effed up this pick and that pick....so fasten your seatbelt.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

18 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I would even throw in Shady, Hughes, or Tre White in if necessary. We passed on 2 QBs last year for him and we might miss out on the top ones this year again....

QB>>>CB

Oh my lord.  Realizing that the second set of 4 quarterbacks (rated 5-8) in this draft has as much chance as the first four in being "generational" this is a curious take.  Let me be clear, I am super glad I am not making the Bills draft day decisions, however, I am as strongly thankful that you are not either. 

History repeating itself (Ditka & Vikings [Herschel]) via draft pick unloading would set the Bills back another decade. 

6 top 100 prospects  >>>> better than 1 QB, in my opinion.  Yet, I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, IndyMark said:

6 top 100 prospects  >>>> better than 1 QB, in my opinion.  Yet, I could be wrong.

And you are...See the Bills since 2000. Hundreds of prospects, no QBs

No QBs get your to 7-9 & -7 with an occasional 6-10and if you are lucky 10-6. Also checkout the AFC championship game Qbs since 2000 and the SB winning QBs. If you don't have a great QB, you don't win that often...

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

And you are...See the Bills since 2000. Hundreds of prospects, no QBs

No QBs get your to 7-9 & -7 with an occasional 6-10and if you are lucky 10-6. Also checkout the AFC championship game Qbs since 2000 and the SB winning QBs. If you don't have a great QB, you don't win that often...

HINT: review the Moe, Larry, Curly & Shemp gangs calling the shots post Polian......unqualifieds and over the hill NFL'ers using their Ouija Board as their Draft Board.....me thinks times are a changin'..........

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This is the correct course of action right now if the Giants won't trade out.  Tell all teams picking 6-11 anyone comes at you with a trade offer for you to trade down, we can better it.   

I would still try for 4th pick, but wouldn't give up more then 12, and one 2nd.  

In that case... you wouldn't be able to make a trade.  The Browns aren't being run by idiots any more.