Anybody else getting the feeling that this was all part of Beane's plan?

CLTbills

8 hours ago, Putin said:

How do you know all those moves were made so we could move up to #2 or # 3 ? 

Because you watch  ESPN ?

The OP said all those things in his theory. Otherwise what do the Bills have to do with the Jets trading up.

Douche.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

9 hours ago, akm0404 said:

I sincerely hope you are correct.  Beane is playing a dangerous game with the fans by making it look by all accounts that he wanted to acquire resources to move up to the top for a QB but really wanted to sit back and BPA.  It might be the right move, but it's definitely dangerous to lead everyone to believe they were going to get a new QB and instead take a linebacker and corner.

No..most season ticket holders are older,established and dedicated.Being competitive every week and having depth is more important than trying to make a big splash on a player that has proven not one thing on the NFL level.

Uh , no. Make no mistake , Beane wanted the Colts pick at 3. The Jets had a higher pick, and he got blocked. It happens. The Giants and Browns hold the cards right now. You can bet they've already had some discussions, perhaps a week or more ago. A move is still possible, but the cost went up for sure. If there was a deal in place , you'd want it sent to the league office asap. At least if you were Beane. Only the teams holding the coveted picks have anything to gain by waiting at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think there's a chance they are deep in negotiations with the Giants.  I think there's zero chance they are sitting on an agreed upon trade.

If the Giants pick is available, I think the most likely scenario is we've been told to get up to the 4-8 range before going to 2.

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think it was with the reports that the Bills were in on the #3 pick trade discussions. 

Do we really know this was true?  Seems we only ever "hear" what they want us to hear.  Didn't hear anything about Tyrod trade or Glenn trade until it happened.  Didn't hear about the Jets talking to Indy.  So, we are to believe that Beane or Indy (didn't leak the Jets talks) let everyone know they were talking trade?

I think all the "experts" got hyped up because of the Tyrod and Glenn trades and thought "holy crap, Buffalo is going for Rosen or Top 3 pick!!!!!". When in reality they were likely trading those guys to get some cap relief and to trade up enough to get a top 15 pick.

I think Beane is being somewhat honest when he says they aren't/weren't planning to move up. They seem to have a value system that is formed through conversations between front office personnel, and they will stick to that value system over any overarching plan to take one route or another. i.e, they will trade up only if they feel that they are getting better value than what they are giving up. They have a ton of options as to how to handle this.

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Do we really know this was true?  Seems we only ever "hear" what they want us to hear.  Didn't hear anything about Tyrod trade or Glenn trade until it happened.  Didn't hear about the Jets talking to Indy.  So, we are to believe that Beane or Indy (didn't leak the Jets talks) let everyone know they were talking trade?

I think all the "experts" got hyped up because of the Tyrod and Glenn trades and thought "holy crap, Buffalo is going for Rosen or Top 3 pick!!!!!". When in reality they were likely trading those guys to get some cap relief and to trade up enough to get a top 15 pick.

Not the case as I provided a link earlier and it only makes sense that the Bills were in on trying to move up. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

It was mentioned by McShay after the trade was done. 

8 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

It doesn't matter what the Jets did. We have the luxury of possibly finding 5 starters in the first 65 picks. We can stay at 12 and 22 and still fill two needs and get two LB's to shore up the D. IMO we are in prime position to stay where we at fill all our needs and grab a Lauletta or White in the 2nd.

Kick that can man, kick it good. 

I trust Beane and I think you may be right because the Jets could have traded to 2 to seal that they got one of the top 2 guys.

however I am panicking because it’s just like the Bills to target a QB and then in the one year they go for it, it actually blows up in their face and we wnd up fighting for 3rd in our division again. Trade to 4 and then trade 4 to Giants for 2. Giants get Barkley and everyone is happy.

9 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Everything that Beane has done has been cool and calculated.  If you listened to his comments yesterday, he even has guys at One Bills Drive holding him in check, so that he doesn't make a move that will be more costly in the end.  There is no reason to panic just because the Jets moved up.  Many on this board have preconceived notions of who the best QB in this draft is.  Quite frankly, none of us knows for sure.  And right now...neither does Beane.  If he comes to the conclusion that there is only one guy...I think he will make a most serious attempt to insure the Bills get that guy.  But...he will need to be damn sure before he mortgages the future.  He's using his head...not his emotions to make his decisions.  If you react the way many on this board react, you end up grabbing a Blaine Gabbert or a Christian Ponder...christening them your franchise QB just because they were the top rated QBs that year.  (Heck...you can throw in EJ Manual into that mix.)  There are a number of good QBs in this draft and each is flawed in some way.  After workouts and visits to One Bills Drive, the Bills will decide on who their guy is...and will do their best to get him.

Great post until the EJ aside..;)---You have to go back to Matt Millen days to reach the stupidity of that pick.

15 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

No..most season ticket holders are older,established and dedicated.Being competitive every week and having depth is more important than trying to make a big splash on a player that has proven not one thing on the NFL level.

True, and the team is very lucky they are old enough to think you can recreate the electric company to be a winning team. In 2018 you need a franchise QB. Depth doesn’t matter when you might not have a legitimate NFL starting QB on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, SlamnSam said:

Nope. He miscalculated. The jets outsmarted him and now hes screwed .

How did he miscalculate? The Colts pick was advertised as available by their GM. He reportedly tried to trade into it. The NYJ had a picks six spots higher in the first round, and their GM is on record as saying he didn't want to move out of the top ten. Where and how was Beane outsmarted? 

11 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I trust Beane and I think you may be right because the Jets could have traded to 2 to seal that they got one of the top 2 guys.

however I am panicking because it’s just like the Bills to target a QB and then in the one year they go for it, it actually blows up in their face and we wnd up fighting for 3rd in our division again. Trade to 4 and then trade 4 to Giants for 2. Giants get Barkley and everyone is happy.

Unless they couldn't because the team at 2 wasn't willing to trade with them. 

I think that Beane will announce the trade up on draft day if the player he wants is still there. The Browns with the first pick can take anyone they fancy, including the four QB's and the one RB. Probably, Gettleman will want to wait  to to see if Barkley or Darnold are there. So the deal is possibly in place now but it is dependent on what Beane wants and if they are still there.

Edited by Wily Dog

I honestly think they are content going to camp with McCarron and Peterman. If that is the case, we are waiting until 2020 to draft a QB. I think they waited too long to pull the trigger on a trade into the top four. The Giants are not going to move out of two, they are not going to miss the chance at an heir apparent or elite runner. I think we are taking best player available at 12 or trading out.

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not the case as I provided a link earlier and it only makes sense that the Bills were in on trying to move up. 

Ok.  So since we haven't seen any links or tweets about Bills talking trade with the Giants, then I guess that's not happening then, right? 

I really think we only hear what they want us to hear, which means either (1) no trade up to 2 because the Giants are not moving or (2) they talked to the Giants and have a deal, depending on who is available at 2.

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

Ok.  So since we haven't seen any links or tweets about Bills talking trade with the Giants, then I guess that's not happening then, right? 

I really think we only hear what they want us to hear, which means either (1) no trade up to 2 because the Giants are not moving or (2) they talked to the Giants and have a deal, depending on who is available at 2.

Wrong.