The Jets Just Made a Mistake

On 3/17/2018 at 11:32 AM, BadLandsMeanie said:

Just a word if you will allow me.

The Jets just traded into the 3rd spot of the first round. I feel grim about that just like everyone because it makes it look like we might get shut out from having our choice.

I think the only person truly happy about it is AJ McCarron, who is probably still dancing as I speak.

But it was a mistake. This was never going to be easy and it is more like a gunfight than anything else. Somebody is going to live and somebody is going to die.

Beane will keep his cool, because Beane will know that the Jets just locked themselves in to taking whoever is left at 3.

So the Jets have played their cards too soon which leaves  Beane with a small advantage. Beane still has the option to trade up if the guy he wants is there at 2. 

The Jets just made it so we can get ahead of them. We don't have to worry about them any more if you look at it that way.

You get 15 minutes I think it is in round one to wheel and deal. If the Bills see somebody they want bad enough they can probably trade ahead of the Jets and get who they want. While the Jets are pretty much locked in.

The whole thing is dicey but we just got a small advantage here.

I don't believe they will, but if the Browns take Barkey #1, this Jets move could result in the Buffalo Bills getting first pick of all the quarterbacks. They can get whoever they want.

Yep we still have six weeks to maneuver

On 3/17/2018 at 11:32 AM, BadLandsMeanie said:

Just a word if you will allow me.

The Jets just traded into the 3rd spot of the first round. I feel grim about that just like everyone because it makes it look like we might get shut out from having our choice.

I think the only person truly happy about it is AJ McCarron, who is probably still dancing as I speak.

But it was a mistake. This was never going to be easy and it is more like a gunfight than anything else. Somebody is going to live and somebody is going to die.

Beane will keep his cool, because Beane will know that the Jets just locked themselves in to taking whoever is left at 3.

So the Jets have played their cards too soon which leaves  Beane with a small advantage. Beane still has the option to trade up if the guy he wants is there at 2. 

The Jets just made it so we can get ahead of them. We don't have to worry about them any more if you look at it that way.

You get 15 minutes I think it is in round one to wheel and deal. If the Bills see somebody they want bad enough they can probably trade ahead of the Jets and get who they want. While the Jets are pretty much locked in.

The whole thing is dicey but we just got a small advantage here.

I don't believe they will, but if the Browns take Barkey #1, this Jets move could result in the Buffalo Bills getting first pick of all the quarterbacks. They can get whoever they want.

If the Giants decide they aren't staying at 2, the pick will be traded well before the draft, bottom line.

On 3/17/2018 at 11:38 AM, Wayne Cubed said:

It is a mistake for the Jets.

Even if the Giants stay put, what if they draft a QB? That men’s the Jets traded up for the 3rd best QB in the draft. 

They were forced to make this move. You make this move on draft day, when you know the guy you want is there. This is a trade up and you can’t even target anyone. Of course they’ll say player X was their choice all along.

exactly...i would bet money the browns take darnold.  i would also bet that the giants stay put and take rosen or barkley. that's either a future franchise qb or a player that will wreak havoc in that division combined with odb.

so what do the jets do? take mayfield? that would suck ,but there's also a chance they take allen. since they have no front 4, they may also take chubb. they probably could care less about what others think about them moving up, because they could always bail on draft day and likely get much more than they paid. hopefully at 3 they take lamar jackson!:lol:

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Logic and history

Or they have a deal in place with a team if someone is gone at 1 / which allows both parties to move forward 

giants want barkley won't trade number 2 if he is still there but if browns take Barkley at one it allows a team to move in and draft the qb they wanted 

but either way both parties might want to wait and both have a mutual understanding 

what if browns move down to allow giants to draft Barkley then then move the 2nd for more picks so many scenarios 

1 minute ago, major said:

Like many have said, jets gave up too much to move to that spot. They have too many holes. They will be sorry for giving away all of that 

Unless they get a Franchise QB, then it’s a bargain! 

Just now, Augie said:

Unless they get a Franchise QB, then it’s a bargain! 

Lets say they get Rosen. Who will he throw to or hand the ball to? Who will block for him? Again, they have many holes that needed to be filled 

54 minutes ago, major said:

Lets say they get Rosen. Who will he throw to or hand the ball to? Who will block for him? Again, they have many holes that needed to be filled 

...and the hole that comes before all other is Franchise QB. Period. You can keep a QB 10-15 years. Plenty of time to fill in around him. But without the QB you’re screwed. 

7 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

No kidding the chart is not an absolute.

How many other teams have two first-rounders, two second-rounders, and two third-rounders?

Not many.

But nearly all of them have first round picks over the next five or six years.

5 hours ago, major said:

That's what the next three or four drafts are for.

And he's likely to need someone to clean the snow off his spot on the bench more than blockers and receivers. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Thurman#1