The Jets Just Made a Mistake

The Jets did great.  That doesn’t mean the Bills lost.

Not that I want the Jets to be good, but I’m glad to see other AFCe teams making these moves.  Sick of the Pats benefiting from our collective incompetence 

Just now, bobobonators said:

And what idea do we have at 12? 

We don't either. I never said we did. But you said they are 100% in a better position to get their guy. What if their guy is Rosen and the Giants select him at 2? Are they still 100% better to get their guy?

You make a trade to "go get your guy" when you know he's going to be there when you select.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well everyine is going to see what the second tier QBs are about in Buffalo. Like many wanted because unless you get to two you are shut out of the top 4

...so which one comes with a warranty and refundable draft capital if a bust?.....top 4, top 12, 1st round, 2nd round?......NONE....caveat emptor...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

2 minutes ago, Success said:

The Jets did great.  That doesn’t mean the Bills lost.

Not that I want the Jets to be good, but I’m glad to see other AFCe teams making these moves.  Sick of the Pats benefiting from our collective incompetence 

Agreed

I'm so tired of handing those fools 6wins a year for an almost guaranteed Playoff spot.

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

Woot! Woot!

Everyone said the same **** when the a Eagles and Rams traded up.

Woot! WOOT!

Rams went to 1 and was obvisous that they wanted Geoff.  Eagles wanted Wentz and went to 2.  At 3 the jets could realistically traded all those picks for the 3rd qb drafted that could have been there at 6.  

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty sure the Jets tried getting to 2 first. The Giants probably don’t want to trade out or are asking for something unreasonable to make it happen. I don’t see how this is an advantage for us since the Giants can either stay put at 2 or bend us over the table since they know we need to jump the Jets.

McDermott and Gettleman have a relationship. Maybe they already have an agreement to trade even if they haven't agreed on trade capital, yet. Maybe all this did is drive up our price a little bit.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Rams went to 1 and was obvisous that they wanted Geoff.  Eagles wanted Wentz and went to 2.  At 3 the jets could realistically traded all those picks for the 3rd qb drafted that could have been there at 6.  

Beane and maybe Elway have scared them.  If the Jet's are not happy picking 1 of the top 3 QB's after this move then yes they were stupid.

6 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

We don't either. I never said we did. But you said they are 100% in a better position to get their guy. What if their guy is Rosen and the Giants select him at 2? Are they still 100% better to get their guy?

You make a trade to "go get your guy" when you know he's going to be there when you select.

100% better in that the odds of landing your guy at 3 are better than 12. Lets not argue semantics now. 

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

McDermott and Gettleman have a relationship. Maybe they already have an agreement to trade even if they haven't agreed on trade capital, yet. Maybe all this did is drive up our price a little bit.

Perhaps they have agreed to discuss a trade but how could they have an agreement to trade if they don’t know what is being traded yet?

And I'm sure it drove the price up a lot. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane and maybe Elway have scared them.  If the Jet's are not happy picking 1 of the top 3 QB's after this move then yes they were stupid.

I just do not see how a pro organization would not value 1 of the 4 to 5 Qbs higher.  They are all very unique skill set wise so one of them would have be the target.  3 leaves alot of variables and you could be stuck drafting a guy your not as much.  

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Just a word if you will allow me.

The Jets just traded into the 3rd spot of the first round. I feel grim about that just like everyone because it makes it look like we might get shut out from having our choice.

I think the only person truly happy about it is AJ McCarron, who is probably still dancing as I speak.

But it was a mistake. This was never going to be easy and it is more like a gunfight than anything else. Somebody is going to live and somebody is going to die.

Beane will keep his cool, because Beane will know that the Jets just locked themselves in to taking whoever is left at 3.

So the Jets have played their cards too soon which leaves  Beane with a small advantage. Beane still has the option to trade up if the guy he wants is there at 2. 

The Jets just made it so we can get ahead of them. We don't have to worry about them any more if you look at it that way.

You get 15 minutes I think it is in round one to wheel and deal. If the Bills see somebody they want bad enough they can probably trade ahead of the Jets and get who they want. While the Jets are pretty much locked in.

The whole thing is dicey but we just got a small advantage here.

I don't believe they will, but if the Browns take Barkey #1, this Jets move could result in the Buffalo Bills getting first pick of all the quarterbacks. They can get whoever they want.

If he's dancing it's because he just signed a $10 million contract and has a hot wife.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I just do not see how a pro organization would not value 1 of the 4 to 5 Qbs higher.  They are all very unique skill set wise so one of them would have be the target.  3 leaves alot of variables and you could be stuck drafting a guy your not as much.  

I totally agree with you.  Jet's seem to be reacting to this QB thing on emotions more than brains.

They are chewing up cap with the FA signings and then making this move.

I HATE the term some people use for the Bill's but it's a very Jetsy think to do.

LOL

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Perhaps they have agreed to discuss a trade but how could they have an agreement to trade if they don’t know what is being traded yet?

And I'm sure it drove the price up a lot. 

Yes, it drove it up a lot, but it was always going to cost us a lot to move up into the top of the draft.

Maybe this just increases our chances of staying put at 12 and drafting whoever falls. As long as that's not Allen, I'm good with that.

I'm sure McCarron is ecstatic right now.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.take the guy that comes with a warranty, money back guarantee and return of your draft pick if he busts......simple.....

Yeah, well how have you liked the past 20 plus years? No need to be a douche bag to me.

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, well how have you liked the past 20 plus years? No need to be a douche bag to me.

...grow up or forward your resume' to

OBD IN DIRE NEED OF FOOTBALL EXPERTS

ONE DESPERATION DRIVE

ORCHARD PARK NY 14127

...Binghamton know-it-alls get first preference above all lowly minions.....take a hike....................

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

ONE DESPERATION DRIVE

ORCHARD PARK NY 14127

...Binghamton know-it-alls get first preference above all lowly minions.....take a hike....................

He probably lives on Liberty St on the North side. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

ONE DESPERATION DRIVE

ORCHARD PARK NY 14127

Yeah, because you don’t come off as a know it all. Save me with your cute little phrases, Oldie.