The Jets Just Made a Mistake

Just now, McBean said:

It’s the Browns and they are stupid so you might be right. Still, that changes nothing.

1. Barkley

2. Rosen

3. Darnold

4. Allen

5. Mayfield 

I don't think the Giants or Broncos are convinced they need a QB. 

The Giants have holes all over the field and could try to rebuild around Eli for a year or two (not saying I'd do this but money, aka draft picks, talk). 

The Broncos have an aging team and are in win now mode. They just gave Case Keenum $26 mil guaranteed and could easily role with him for the next two years. Giving them a ton of picks would allow them to upgrade at RB and on the offensive line. 

I think both teams would trade down if given a reason to. I think the Broncos are the more likely of the two given how good their defense is they could be looking at a very quick turnaround with above average QB play. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

It is a mistake for the Jets.

Even if the Giants stay put, what if they draft a QB? That men’s the Jets traded up for the 3rd best QB in the draft. 

They were forced to make this move. You make this move on draft day, when you know the guy you want is there. This is a trade up and you can’t even target anyone. Of course they’ll say player X was their choice all along.

If that happens then the Jets will have traded for the third selected QB in the draft.  It does not necessarily mean that QB is the 3rd best.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

If that happens then the Jets will have traded for the third selected QB in the draft.  It does not necessarily mean that QB is the 3rd best.

True.

But it's entirely possible they will be selecting their 3rd ranked QB on their board. We will never be privy to that because of course they'll say it's who they were targeting all along. Would you trade up to a spot, unsure of which QB you might be getting? 

8 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

You do realize that just bc our guy is there at #2 doesnt mean that the Giants are going to trade with us right? People seem to think Beane controls his owm destiny - he doesnt. 

As of right now, the Jets are 100% in a better position than us to get their guy. 

Get their guy? They have no idea if they can get their guy. They will either get the 2nd or 3rd QB in the draft, that may or may not be "their guy."

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

That carries about as much weight as my barber guaranteeing me a shot at Kate Upton.

Naw, there's no shot that happens.

What I'm saying is what's going to happen.

Everything they've done so far makes sense. 

Tyrod is the steady hand at QB, with Josh Gordon stretching the field (what Tyrod does best) and Landry working the slot. Njoku can stretch the seem at the TE spot. Barkley gives their run game instant credibility. Allen is the guy they love (has been reported on and off for a while now), and having Tyrod allows them to red shirt him for a year and then insert him into a supremely talented offense in 2019. 

Wait and see. 

8 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

I mean, Todd Bowles is still their HC last I checked.

Spot on here with Bowles. At least they will have 2 QB's to bridge with and possible FQB for the future. Bridgewater seems like a waste now.

McCown paired with Rosen, Baker or Darnold would have been perfect alone. Either way, they will have this along with Bridgewater.

They have exactly what I wanted us to have :( I not sure how that is a mistake though to this thread?

Edited by Real McCoy

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Spot on here with Bowles. At least they will have 2 QB's to bridge with and possible FQB for the future. Bridgewater seems like a waste now.

McCown paired with Rosen, Baker or Darnold would have been perfect alone. Either way, they will have this along with Bridgewater.

They have exactly what I wanted us to have :( I not sure how that is a mistake though to this thread?

Well I don't want to keep repeating myself but I will say, maybe for the Jets, it really doesn't matter to them who they get. Maybe they have no strong preference.

But in the case that they do have a preference, then they just opened a narrow gap for the Bills to trade over them and get the player they want most.

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Joe BannerVerified account @JoeBanner13 1m1 minute ago

Jets pass on Watson and Mahommes to take excellent safety then spent 15M on TWO back up QB’s then use a 1 and 3 twos to get second/third best QB in draft. It could work out, but this is a lot of bad decision making and inefficient use of cap $’s and draft picks.

Woot woot!

Who is this Joe Banner who seems so wise? ;) He is quoted by Andre Reed? :)

58 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They didnt have gusto to do it now what would change on draft night?  Buffalo knows what it would take and that is why they made that trade with the Bengals.  Beane is too calculated to trade to 3 this far out from the draft.  The top organizations are not going to grade the top 5 Qbs similar.  They are not all going to be great pros.  The NFL has 13 good QBs. This draft isnt going to produce 5.  Figure out which one you like best and get him if you think he is a Franchise Qb.  Maybe 3 was the only option I dont think that is case.  Gettleman wants a kings ransom that Buffalo can pay.  1 is the qb they want going to be their? 2 Is that Qb worth the price tag.  Without knowing 1 or 2 I dont understand why you trade that far up.  

The NFL has 13 good QBs, ok. Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Big Ben, all came from one draft. That's nearly 25% of your 13. Unfortunately, we were left with leftover Losman. History repeats itself.