The Jets Just Made a Mistake

I love the offseason. Sure as Sh*t whatever you think is going to happen won't. All we do is speculate without insight. I myself can't wait to actually see what happens. Beane is not only drafting for this year he's looking at 2019. If by chance one of us got lucky and speculated correctly about the pick, blind kudos to you.

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I am not saying the outcome is pre-determined. But I am saying that strategically they just gave a bit of an advantage to the Bills.

How? If we jumped to 3, then we could've leaped over Denver/NYJ. Now, there is a set market (spoiler: Jets overpaid so now we will have to overpay even more) and there are less trade partners. Cleveland will not trade 1. We have one place to move to and you better believe Denver is looking at that spot as well.

This is not playing into our advantage at all. 

Edited by Elite Poster

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

Yeah, huge mistake. 

If this QB hits. 20 years of Brady, then however many years of this guy. 

Yep, AJ McCarron though, guys!

For back up money...

We are drafting a QB. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I'm sure the Jets completely disagree with you and are fine with being third and would be completely fine with having any of those three. Why else would they have made the trade?

I think they are gambling. But maybe they just don't care which oine they get. It would be kind of weird. But it was kind of weird how they signed Bridgewater and McCown and they drafted whoosit in the 2nd last year who they still have, so I never really know what they are thinking.

You probably have two teams picking from 3 top tier QBs. I think the Browns will definitely take one. I don't think the Giants will. The Jets at 3 aren't even a lock, I'd say. They did sign Bridgewater. Keenum went to the Broncos. Colts, Bucs, Bears, 49ers, Oakland, probably not likely to pick QBs. I'm more worried that the guy we want is there but we have to send a pick to the 9ers or Raiders to leapfrog Miami, who's a wildcard for QB, though they did just restructure Tannehill. We will see I guess.

12 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty sure the Jets tried getting to 2 first. The Giants probably don’t want to trade out or are asking for something unreasonable to make it happen. I don’t see how this is an advantage for us since the Giants can either stay put at 2 or bend us over the table since they know we need to jump the Jets.

Like 3 1's?  I think Bufalo has the number knows the cost and are dotting the i's and crossing the t's of the prospect they like most.  NYG know the Bills can pay the most THIS year and help this years team.  Beane is aware that the price is high but will take his time to see if the QB he wants is truely a franchise QB if he is than the trade is made.  I also believe the rumor that Jackson is 2 on their Qb  board and they are not sold trading everything they will need to will be better than staying put drafting Jackson and getting a mike at 22

The #3 is worth 2200 a 600 point difference from #6.  37(530), 49(410) and for the sake of guessing let’s say middle 2nd next year 420. Are you telling me they paid over 1300 points for 600 point difference to move 3 spots? 

Holy Snikees! What will it take to get 2? What will Gettleman ask for and will Beane pay it? Bust out the KY guys, I can see him asking for 12, 22 and next years first and a second rounder.

20 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

So the Jets have played their cards too soon which leaves  Beane with a small advantage. Beane still has the option to trade up if the guy he wants is there at 2. 

So do the Jets. They could trade up with that #3 pick with Giants or even Browns. Personally I hope they go full Ditka and trade all of the picks plus picks from next year to trade up.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

For back up money...

We are drafting a QB. 

Yes we are, but it looks like at 12. Once again, the Bills might fail to make the move necessary for a top QB. Very reminiscent of Losman and Manuel. I’m just very skeptical now. We had more to offer the Colts than the Jets did. It looks like Beane might really be staying at 12. It would be a big mistake imo. You don’t trade away half your franchise to stay at number 12, hoping someone falls to you. Cordy Glenn is a talent lineman, they don’t come around everyday. In my opinion, you better end up with a top QB when you mortgaged the present for a better future. 

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

if he stays at 12 and crushes the next 5 picks he will be fine or if the second qb ***** the bed he will be fine.   lots of cards left to be played 

No, you still need a franchise QB . Those next five picks aren’t going to win a Super Bowl with McCarron under center. 

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty sure the Jets tried getting to 2 first. The Giants probably don’t want to trade out or are asking for something unreasonable to make it happen. I don’t see how this is an advantage for us since the Giants can either stay put at 2 or bend us over the table since they know we need to jump the Jets.

Or Gettleman has already agreed to give it to Beane.

I had a thought. What if the Jets are playing 4d chess?

Think about it.. that team has more holes than a dollar store umbrella. 

They just signed 2 solid quarterbacks in McCown and Bridgewater. 

What if they took the third pick...but have it open to trades to acquire more picks in the first round? 

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yes we are, but it looks like at 12. Once again, the Bills might fail to make the move necessary for a top QB. Very reminiscent of Losman and Manuel. I’m just very skeptical now. We had more to offer the Colts than the Jets did. It looks like Beane might really be staying at 12. It would be a big mistake imo. You don’t trade away half your franchise to stay at number 12, hoping someone falls to you. Cordy Glenn is a talent lineman, they don’t come around everyday. In my opinion, you better end up with a top QB when you mortgaged the present for a better future. 

Half your franchise?  Exaggerate much?