The Jets Just Made a Mistake

Just a word if you will allow me.

The Jets just traded into the 3rd spot of the first round. I feel grim about that just like everyone because it makes it look like we might get shut out from having our choice.

I think the only person truly happy about it is AJ McCarron, who is probably still dancing as I speak.

But it was a mistake. This was never going to be easy and it is more like a gunfight than anything else. Somebody is going to live and somebody is going to die.

Beane will keep his cool, because Beane will know that the Jets just locked themselves in to taking whoever is left at 3.

So the Jets have played their cards too soon which leaves  Beane with a small advantage. Beane still has the option to trade up if the guy he wants is there at 2. 

The Jets just made it so we can get ahead of them. We don't have to worry about them any more if you look at it that way.

You get 15 minutes I think it is in round one to wheel and deal. If the Bills see somebody they want bad enough they can probably trade ahead of the Jets and get who they want. While the Jets are pretty much locked in.

The whole thing is dicey but we just got a small advantage here.

I don't believe they will, but if the Browns take Barkey #1, this Jets move could result in the Buffalo Bills getting first pick of all the quarterbacks. They can get whoever they want.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Pretty sure the Jets tried getting to 2 first. The Giants probably don’t want to trade out or are asking for something unreasonable to make it happen. I don’t see how this is an advantage for us since the Giants can either stay put at 2 or bend us over the table since they know we need to jump the Jets.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 4

I'm telling you right now, anyone who thinks yesterday was lip service from Beane...

I think Beane saw an opportunity to shed salary and move up in the draft with Glenn.

There is a very strong possibility that move didn't entail him automatically moving up as was assumed.

Now the Jets moving up means the Giants can literally ask for anything and I sincerely doubt Beane gives up the cost.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I don't think the Jets can get to two because the Giants are not going to trade them the pick

How come you think  that? Gettleman said he would entertain offers.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Pretty sure the Jets tried getting to 2 first. The Giants probably don’t want to trade out or are asking for something unreasonable to make it happen. I don’t see how this is an advantage for us since the Giants can either stay out at 2 or bend us over the table since they know we need to jump the Jets.

I think they were always going to bend us over for #2 overall. I don't think that has changed. But if we are sure this is the guy we want sitting there, paying a lot isn't wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

I think this is exactly what the Jets want us to do just to see us possibly blow up our draft this year and and lose our 1st next year. But still, it leaves an insanely bad taste in Bills' fans mouths to more than likely lose out on a top QB. Because let's face it, with all the FA signings, none of them pale in comparison to trading up. So now it appears our offseason is pretty meh if not gross

It is a mistake for the Jets.

Even if the Giants stay put, what if they draft a QB? That men’s the Jets traded up for the 3rd best QB in the draft. 

They were forced to make this move. You make this move on draft day, when you know the guy you want is there. This is a trade up and you can’t even target anyone. Of course they’ll say player X was their choice all along.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'm telling you right now, anyone who thinks yesterday was lip service from Beane...

I think Beane saw an opportunity to shed salary and move up in the draft with Glenn.

There is a very strong possibility that move didn't entail him automatically moving up as was assumed.

Now the Jets moving up means the Giants can literally ask for anything and I sincerely doubt Beane gives up the cost.

I agree with your about Beane and I think this is what he meant. He couldn't know what he would do because he can't control who will be available when. 

But I don't know if he will trade up or not because I don't know how they value this class of quarterbacks.   

I was glad when we picked up AJ... People always have an opinion and most of the time they have no idea what their talking about... He could take us to the Playoffs and everyone’s tune would change... He’s a good QB, lets see what he can do as a starter ?

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

How come you think  that? Gettleman said he would entertain offers.

I think they were always going to bend us over for #2 overall. I don't think that has changed. But if we are sure this is the guy we want sitting there, paying a lot isn't wrong.

the Giants are not going to help the team the share a building with get the qb they want.  noway they trade with the Jets.  Now the giants sit back and take what will be a kings ransom form Denver or the Blls.   

This also doesn't make sense for the Jets...they will have 5 QBs assuming they take one. They just took Bridgewater and McCown...still have Petty and Hack. Watch as they take Chubb or something. They DO have to replace their d-line. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Even if the Giants stay put, what if they draft a QB? That men’s the Jets traded up for the 3rd best QB in the draft. 

They were forced to make this move. You make this move on draft day, when you know the guy you want is there. This is a trade up and you can’t even target anyone. Of course they’ll say player X was their choice all along.

Exactly they will have to say they got who they wanted no matter what.

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

the Giants are not going to help the team the share a building with get the qb they want.  noway they trade with the Jets.  Now the giants sit back and take what will be a kings ransom form Denver or the Blls.   

I didn't think of that. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

the jets did they best they could.  Giants are not giving the jets number. 2.  If the Jets stayed at 6 they risk teams trading to 2 and 4 and then you could have qbs taken 1,2,4 and 5 ahead of you .   

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Which again, would be dumb and grounds for inevitable firing.

It would be two years in a row this regime passed on QBs and they just traded their starter. 

Which is why I think we still trade up. Can we wait until April to pass judgement?

I don't think there is any chance the Browns take Barkley at 1, not anymore anyways. The Giants may very well take a QB and the Jets are going to do the same, so two QBs can be off the board by the time the Browns pick again at 4. Will they really settle for the 3rd best prospect? That would be disasterous IMO.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

How do you know the Jets don't like all three guys? In which case they'll take their pick of whoever is left out of the three.

This is extremely wishful thinking and basically a thread to downplay the Jets trade. Had the Bills done this would you have the same mentality? 

Hey man Im fine with differing opinions but can we not tell the other person what they are really thinking? I think what I think.

Yes I would have had this same opinion. I said a few times in other threads that I think the Bills need to wait until the draft is in process before they make their move.

The only time you don't have to do that (as I see it) is when you are trading for the #1 because then nobody can a thing about it.

In a way this is like a game of rock paper scissors and the Jets just picked one too early.