Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Colts wanted more than the Bills would offer.  

The Colts fleeced the Jets.

I want the Bills to make an all out effort..............but give picks worth 2800 for a 2200 spot ?

Everyone has different opinions about the strengths and readiness of the QB prospects............how can we be sure that the Jets want the same guy ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I don't like Jackson now, but honestly, he could be deadly with a year of working on strictly throwing mechanics.

I tend to like my quarterbacks to come out of college knowing how to throw a football. Jackson should switch to receiver now before his NFL dreams get dashed.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

The Colts fleeced the Jets.

I want the Bills to make an all out effort..............but give picks worth 2800 for a 2200 spot ?

Everyone has different opinions about the strengths and readiness of the QB prospects............how can we be sure that the Jets want the same guy ?

I mentioned it on another post what they were asking for.  Too much.  Now the Bills are locked out of a top 3 QB.  Unless they can get the Giants to trade.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I tend to like my quarterbacks to come out of college knowing how to throw a football. Jackson should switch to receiver now before his NFL dreams get dashed.

He knows how to throw, he just needs work like almost all the prospects that come out do.

Edited by Ittakestime

What if the Jets did all of this - gave up the #6 overall pick PLUS 3 more top 50 picks -for the 3rd best QB in this draft class (Mayfleid/Allen etc)?

The only thing they did with this move is guarantee that they get the 3rd QB off the board (with a possibility at the 2nd QB off the board). 

Is anyone totally convinced that the 3rd best QB in this draft is worth 4 top 50 picks?

I sure am not. 

What if the Bills sold the farm to get to #3, only to be left with both our top 2 QBs off the board at 1 and 2?

I am far from convinced that QB #3 in this draft is worth everything it would have taken for us to get to the 3rd overall pick (figure at least 2800 draft points, if not more since we were at 12, not 6 and the Colts still get a blue chip guy at 6). 

#2 or bust!  

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Assuming the Giants covet Barkley:

Then we trade up to Browns for #4. Then we flip #4 to Giants. That way we get our QB and the Giants get Barkley because it is obvious the top 3 will pick QBs. 

If the Giants just want to swap up to 12 then give them our 12,22 and 4th and next years 1. We don’t need next year’s picks as much as this year’s because we have 100 million to spend and won’t have a sunk QB cost. I would be all for dumping more picks next year than this year if possible. 

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This makes a ton of sense. Good work. 

+1 agreed. this would be awesome if it could be pulled off.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I guess all those passing tds were just a made up stat?

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

How exciting. JPL 2.0

I think LJ offers so much more then JPL did......but your entitled to your opinion

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What did they think about Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, and even Tyrod Taylor? 25% of the league is made up of starting QBs that no team ever thought would be any good. He is statistically superior to all of them outside of Mayfield, has every tangible you look for in a QB and played well in the big games. I'm sure he's nothing but a scrub.

Too bad callout threads aren't allowed, because your hot take is ripe for one 5 years from now.

I'll be sure to call out thread you when Rudolph is riding the bench or out of the league in 5 years.

him being "statistically superior" is due to his offensive scheme.

Watch some film on him, the guy just isn't that good.

Edited by SouthNYfan

To recap for anyone just joining the thread:

1.  Beane was a brilliant general manager until another two teams made a trade, and he then became a bum that will no doubt get fired in they year or so.

2.  The firing is because he didn't move up to3, ignoring the fact that he could move to 1,2, or 4.

3.  The cost of moving to 3 would have been perfectly acceptable, but the cost of moving to 2 is completely unacceptable

4.  If he moves to 1, 2or 4, he needs to draft a QB, and depending on the post you read the guy they take could be a star or a flop

5.  Despite their success thus far, the current regime is no different than any other management team in Bills history and will make the exact same mistakes

6. If he moves up and takes a guy, of the same folks saying he has to move about 70% of the same people will say he took the wrong guy

7.  And that's because those 70% sitting in their arm chairs have a better understanding of who to draft than the front office and scouts who have approximately 1 million times more information on which to base a decision

think that covers it 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Giants have all the leverage now and the Bills will have to massively overpay to move up to that spot.  We'll definitely have to give up our two firsts this year and our first next year.  Probably a 2nd and a 3rd in this draft as well.  Maybe both 2nd's and a 3rd.

It will be like Halloween! Put all our picks in a basket and hold it out for the Giants and say “here, take what you want.” We had to be out one year and put out a bucket of candy with a note saying it was on the honor system. Naturally, they took the bucket too. 

9 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'll be sure to call out thread you when Rudolph is riding the bench or out of the league in 5 years.

him being "statistically superior" is due to his offensive scheme.

Watch some film on him, the guy just isn't that good.

Same could be said of Mahomes and some think he is a god

Ok...... Been thinking about this situation all day and it is pretty much a disaster for us in every conceivable way. From the moment they passed on Watson and Mahomes in the draft last year, this season was about 1 thing.....getting a franchise QB. Today made that a lot more difficult. 

I hope we can get to 2, but that may be impossible at this point.

The only silver lining to the Jets trading up today that I could come up with is if it has been the Bills plan all along to trade up for Josh Allen. If the Bills had wanted to do that, and this move from the Jets stopped that from happening, then thank you Jets.  The only thing that makes me sicker than watching the Jets do what we should have already done is watching the Bills trade a ton of assets away only to draft Josh Allen. Otherwise, this is nothing but terrible for us in every way.  If we come out of this draft, with all of this ammunition and still no top franchise QB prospect, then it is a complete failure.

It's been about finding a QB for a year now (actually years now....). Get it done. Whatever it takes for Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dalton said:

It may work out if you can ride it to the end while the Giants are on the clock.  If they wait too long they lose some leverage.

I think we will have to offer next years 1st, which I would be ok with, but I don’t think McBeane would