Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Hell no man. I don't think I could have watched this season.

All we can do is pray that another teams back-up is our savior. Hopefully Beane can still make a move and get Mayfield.

Denver will be taking Mayfield, this class is going to be all gone by 12. All those moves, could have just stayed with what we had. I think we draft a DT or LB at 12, was the plan all along I bet.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

OMFG...you keep repeating the same lame posts over and over again......STOP

Blaaaaaaaaa, stop it..blaaaaaaa

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Giants have all the leverage now and the Bills will have to massively overpay to move up to that spot.  We'll definitely have to give up our two firsts this year and our first next year.  Probably a 2nd and a 3rd in this draft as well.  Maybe both 2nd's and a 3rd.

I would say so. It's going to cost us a fortune now. But to come out of this process with Mason Rudolph is just untenable.

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Hell no man. I don't think I could have watched this season.

All we can do is pray that another teams back-up is our savior. Hopefully Beane can still make a move and get Mayfield.

I personally dont think we are done trying to trade up......I would also rather have one of the top 3 qbs.....

But people had to know that this was going to happen....we are at 21...and needed move into the top 3...this was going to require 2 trade ups and things were gonna have to fall right as far as what other teams do....

What might be saving us here is that the jets and giants dont trade with each other.....so there is a window for us.....but that qb better be franchise type

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Denver will be taking Mayfield, this class is going to be all gone by 12. All those moves, could have just stayed with what we had. I think we draft a DT or LB at 12, was the plan all along I bet.

If that is the plan and AJ strikes out this FO is not gonna stick around long. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I can understand that some bills fans want to go back to '04 that might create some kind of panic or thoughts of disaster but last I checked it's 2018 and this is not the same regime.  who I may add has been quite aggressive before the draft has even taken place and I see no reason they fall flat and not remain aggressive, IMO.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I can understand that some bills fans want to go back to '04 that might create some kind of panic or thoughts of disaster but last I checked it's 2018 and this is not the same regime.  who I may add has been quite aggressive before the draft has even taken place and I see no reason they fall flat or not remain aggressive, IMO.

Wow man, does that mean history could repeat itself and we end up with Allen, JP2.0

I want to believe in them but man the cards are falling fast with this Jests trade. IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

55 minutes ago, jumpgo692003 said:

if you believe that then you should be vocal about standing pat or trading down because Jackson will likely be available.

LOL. Yeah, I've been pretty vocal about standing pat. More than just a little bit.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Jackson won't last past 12 - he might not be there at 12. In a dozen days, Lamar will run and likely post up a time somewhere around a 4.35 or 4.4 40 ... and all of sudden, this fan board is going to light up like a Christmas tree about how wise our GM was to position himself where he did. 

That's okay. Let the moaners and chicken littles have their day. The moment I feel that the NY Jets front office got the better of ours, will be that time that I re-think the curvature of the earth.

49 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Assuming the Giants covet Barkley:

Then we trade up to Browns for #4. Then we flip #4 to Giants. That way we get our QB and the Giants get Barkley because it is obvious the top 3 will pick QBs. 

If the Giants just want to swap up to 12 then give them our 12,22 and 4th and next years 1. We don’t need next year’s picks as much as this year’s because we have 100 million to spend and won’t have a sunk QB cost. I would be all for dumping more picks next year than this year if possible. 

This has a lot of validity , in that we would not need the draft picks as much next year and the Giants , with three  number one draft picks and whatever we give them beyond , are in a position for cap problems if we didn't spread it over two years. I will still trust Beane though.

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

You are literally saying he's #2 QB.

That means you have zero credibility.

Which nobody in the NFL seems to think.

What did they think about Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, and even Tyrod Taylor? 25% of the league is made up of starting QBs that no team ever thought would be any good. He is statistically superior to all of them outside of Mayfield, has every tangible you look for in a QB and played well in the big games. I'm sure he's nothing but a scrub.

Too bad callout threads aren't allowed, because your hot take is ripe for one 5 years from now.

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

Assuming the Giants covet Barkley:

Then we trade up to Browns for #4. Then we flip #4 to Giants. That way we get our QB and the Giants get Barkley because it is obvious the top 3 will pick QBs. 

If the Giants just want to swap up to 12 then give them our 12,22 and 4th and next years 1. We don’t need next year’s picks as much as this year’s because we have 100 million to spend and won’t have a sunk QB cost. I would be all for dumping more picks next year than this year if possible. 

This makes a ton of sense. Good work. 

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I can understand that some bills fans want to go back to '04 that might create some kind of panic or thoughts of disaster but last I checked it's 2018 and this is not the same regime.  who I may add has been quite aggressive before the draft has even taken place and I see no reason they fall flat and not remain aggressive, IMO.

The problem is that in 2004, the Bills couldn't find a dance partner among the teams in the top 10 not named San Diego or NYG.  Maybe they miscalculated the Steelers' interest in Roethlisberger (I rather doubt that) or maybe none of the other teams wanted to trade down or maybe they just didn't offer enough.  Not being privy to what went on behind the scenes, I don't know why they didn't move up higher in the first round.

I hope you realize that if they'd passed on Losman totally, they would have been infinitely better off.  They could have taken Aaron Rodgers the next year or Jay Cutler in 2006 or even Joe Flacco in 2008.  The lesson from 2004 isn't that a team shouldn't be afraid to trade up but that a team shouldn't be afraid to pass on a lesser QB prospect if they can't get the one they really want, which is 2004 was Roethlisberger.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

The lesson from 2004 isn't that a team shouldn't be afraid to trade up but that a team shouldn't be afraid to pass on a lesser QB prospect if they can't get the one they really want, which is 2004 was Roethlisberger.

Yay us.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1