Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe they want Barkley

Nah.  Bridgewater is a FA in 2019 and McCown is on a one-year deal.   They have to go QB at #3 so they can build a team around him for when he eventually gets on the field...

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

This is such loser thinking. 

I think it's loser thinking being pressured to move up to draft a guy like Darnold or Allen that never did a damn thing in college and are sub-par in every metric to Mayfield or Rudolph - just because you need one. Reeks of desperation.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

This is such loser thinking. 

Agreed.

That's like going out to buy a vehicle.

You really want a new truck, say a new 1500 ram hemi with a quad cab.

You found one that you love, but at $38,000, it's about $2,000 more than you wanna spend, but it is exactly that you need and want.

So you go home, mull it over, and decide that you'll settle on a used f150 two door, since it's cheaper, at about $26,000, even though you need the 4 doors, you'll "figure it out", that's a couple of years old, but you don't want to pay what it's listed at, so you wait, and wait, and then it's sold.

So you get left spending $12,000 a 6year old Chevy Cobalt for $2grand above book value, that doesn't suit any of your needs, but hey, it's a "vehicle" right?

That's what taking Rudolph at #22 is.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think it's loser thinking being pressured to move up to draft a guy like Darnold or Allen that never did a damn thing in college and are sub-par in every metric to Mayfield or Rudolph - just because you need one. Reeks of desperation.

Rudolph is trash.

7 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Exactly. The Bills had the ammo to beat the Jest's offer and can still get ahead of them if the NYG are willing to deal. Beane was worried about trading into #3 and having the Jest jump him at #2, IMO. There is no way that the Giants want their NJ rivals to make the big splash in this draft. This is a Mets vs. Yankees type of situation. If Gettleman wants a QB, he still gets his choice (at least his second choice). If he doesn't, I think he deals with his pal, Beane, to screw the Jest. Imagine the headlines in the Big Apple: 'Giants Deal #2 Pick to Jets Division RIval' or maybe the NY Post: 'Bills Come Due For Jets in Giant Deal'.

It's being reported on NFLN that Jets tried to get #1 overall from CLE. The Giants are staying put for Barkely, unless some team offers them four first rounders or something crazy like that. 

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Agreed.

That's like going out to buy a vehicle.

You really want a new truck, say a new 1500 ram hemi with a quad cab.

You found one that you love, but at $38,000, it's about $2,000 more than you wanna spend, but it is exactly that you need and want.

So you go home, mull it over, and decide that you'll settle on a used f150 two door, since it's cheaper, at about $26,000, even though you need the 4 doors, you'll "figure it out", that's a couple of years old, but you don't want to pay what it's listed at, so you wait, and wait, and then it's sold.

So you get left spending $12,000 a 6year old Chevy Cobalt for $2grand above book value, that doesn't suit any of your needs, but hey, it's a "vehicle" right?

That's what taking Rudolph at #22 is.

Rudolph is trash.

Based on what? I watched him play a ton, and he's probably the 2nd best QB in the draft. 65% completion percentage with nearly 5000 yards against top-tier competition is trash? Ricky Vaughan...err... Josh Allen can't hit the broad side of a barn and played at Wyoming. I'll take Mason Roethlisberger all day.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It's being reported on NFLN that Jets tried to get #1 overall from CLE. The Giants are staying put for Barkely, unless some team offers them four first rounders or something crazy like that. 

If that's true that NYG aren't moving, then you jump to 4 and take whoever is left

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Anyone wanting to trade up for a QB and within striking distance of #1 would be foolish not to try for #1...it's the only way to ensure you get the guy you definitely want. I don't think the Browns are moving. They have to get it right this time.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Based on what? I watched him play a ton, and he's probably the 2nd best QB in the draft. 65% completion percentage with nearly 5000 yards against top-tier competition is trash? Ricky Vaughan...err... Josh Allen can't hit the broad side of a barn and played at Wyoming. I'll take Mason Roethlisberger all day.

Guess you know better than every NFL even.

When do they hire you?

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it does make sense to trade down with #22. It is a good idea if we can't trade up. 

I want Darnold, Rosen, or Allen. Anybody outside of them aren't big time prospects in my mind. I know some people like Mayfield. I don't. Jackson has huge potential. Rudolph is teh same level prospect as Nate Peterman imo. 

Next year's class doesn't look great right now. Drew Lock from Mizzou is probably 1, Clayton Thorson from Northwestern and Jarrett Stidham from Auburn is probably the other guy. A lot of people like Shea Patterson of Michigan who transferred from Ole Miss. I like Lock a lot, but not 100% on the others. I prefer Rosen and Darnold to anybody next year. 

Thanks for that. From the little that I've read about the QBs this year, I'm going with a Rosen or forget about QB way of thinking.

I think if we figure a way that makes sense to get Rosen, I'm cool with it. But if he's off the board when we pick (wherever that may be come draft day), i think we should draft a potential stud at 12 at whatever position we have need in, trade down from 22 to get a 1st rounder in next years draft and then take a shot at whatever QB is left with our 1st pick in the 2nd round just so we don't miss out on a QB that MIGHT turn out to be great in the future.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Anyone wanting to trade up for a QB and within striking distance of #1 would be foolish not to try for #1...it's the only way to ensure you get the guy you definitely want. I don't think the Browns are moving. They have to get it right this time.

If you move up to #1 who is it? Could be any one of 4 guys. How do you make such drastic moves ina  draft that doesn't have a clear cut #1. Eli was indisputably the top prospect. This year may have a lot of solid prospects, but not a one of them are blue-chip locks the way Peyton or Eli were.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

Yep. And ending up at 3 says 2 is off the table. I'd say it means the G men want Barkley, but anythings possible. 

The Browns were never trading the number one pick it would take your first three rounds this year and likely your first round next year to even think about it and I don't see the bills doing that so I comes down to the number 2 pick and the number 4 pick.  The two pick all depends on whether the Giants are trying to find Eli successor or not in this draft and the number four pick all comes down to who is left or how much the Bills are willing to pay to force the Browns all the way down to 12 which pretty much eliminates them from Top tier Talent.  I think the Bills are better off staying where they're at and hoping somebody falls because the price they are going to have to pay to move up is going to be astronomical and I felt that way even before the Jets trade

Edited by jumpgo692003

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

History repeating itself? ?

Lets hope Beane has some real brass. 

But they didn't wait in 04. They made a deal with HOU to move up, then HOU cancelled after pick 8 went off the board leaving no options. Sometimes it's just bad luck. Oh , and they didn't possess two first round picks heading into the draft. That's the pick they moved into from DAL after their move up bid was backed out of. A lot of revisionist history quoted there

Edited by Boatdrinks

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Guess you know better than every NFL even.

When do they hire you?

Ah yes, attacking my credibility. The last stand of a man who lost a discussion a long time ago. It was fun.

By the way, based on the way NFL teams fight over QBs at the top of the draft, I'm positive I  couldn't do any worse.

4 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Thanks for that. From the little that I've read about the QBs this year, I'm going with a Rosen or forget about QB way of thinking.

I think if we figure a way that makes sense to get Rosen, I'm cool with it. But if he's off the board when we pick (wherever that may be come draft day), i think we should draft a potential stud at 12 at whatever position we have need in, trade down from 22 to get a 1st rounder in next years draft and then take a shot at whatever QB is left with our 1st pick in the 2nd round just so we don't miss out on a QB that MIGHT turn out to be great in the future.

I am officially depressed