Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

1 minute ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Jets did such an amazing job. They can trade Bridgewater next year if he plays well. They win even if we trade to #2.

Bridgewater is a free agent next year and the Jets have already announced that Josh McCown will be their starter this season.

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

How many times do people have to explain this?

It's not about getting a SURE FIRE guy!!!!!!!!!!!

There is ONE POSITION in the entire NFL that can single-handedly transform a bottom-feeder into a contender.  There is ONE POSITION in the NFL that can dominate the league for 10-15 years.  There is ONE POSITION in the NFL that can make everyone around him better.  Let me give you a hint.  It's not a Linebacker.  It's not an Offensive Tackle.  It's not a Wide Receiver or a Tight End.  It's not a Cornerback or a Safety.

If the Kirk Cousins contract - and the relative success of back up QBs across the league last year - it should be that the idea of a 10-15 year starter is over. Way, way, the f over. 

Cousins signed a 3 year, fully guaranteed contract. No team, anywhere, will be able to "lock up" a QB forever. Days are gone, my friend.

1 minute ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

I'm one of those who does ZERO research on college football to have any idea on which QB fits best as a Bill. I just read comments here from you guys and go with the majority vote. So here's my question:

After the move the Jets made and if the Giants plan on taking a QB, do you think maybe shopping our 22nd pick this year for a 1st round pick in next years' draft would be a good idea? That way we can hopefully land a stud this year in whatever position and just see how McCarron fairs with all the ammunition he'll have with our current roster and our final roster postdraft. What you think?

We made the playoffs with Tyrod throwing for 150 yards a game on average. 

Are you guys really sold on this years QB class? (Serious question)

Does next years QB class seem better? (Another serious question)

I think it does make sense to trade down with #22. It is a good idea if we can't trade up. 

I want Darnold, Rosen, or Allen. Anybody outside of them aren't big time prospects in my mind. I know some people like Mayfield. I don't. Jackson has huge potential. Rudolph is teh same level prospect as Nate Peterman imo. 

Next year's class doesn't look great right now. Drew Lock from Mizzou is probably 1, Clayton Thorson from Northwestern and Jarrett Stidham from Auburn is probably the other guy. A lot of people like Shea Patterson of Michigan who transferred from Ole Miss. I like Lock a lot, but not 100% on the others. I prefer Rosen and Darnold to anybody next year. 

#3 pick is valued at 2200. Jets gave up just about 2800 points in draft picks (depending on what value you assign the 2019 2nd. I valued it at roughly 200 points). 

They gave up about (roughly) 600 extra draft points (again depending on how you value that 2019 2nd) to move up 3 picks! 

Think about what it's going to take to move up form 12 to 2.

I honestly don't think it's going to happen guys. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

How many times do people have to explain this?

It's not about getting a SURE FIRE guy!!!!!!!!!!!

There is ONE POSITION in the entire NFL that can single-handedly transform a bottom-feeder into a contender.  There is ONE POSITION in the NFL that can dominate the league for 10-15 years.  There is ONE POSITION in the NFL that can make everyone around him better.  Let me give you a hint.  It's not a Linebacker.  It's not an Offensive Tackle.  It's not a Wide Receiver or a Tight End.  It's not a Cornerback or a Safety.

The Jets can make strong draft picks every single year, and I couldn't care less.  Having a strong roster does not make them a long-term threat.  At the end of the day, building a roster without a Quarterback is a waste of time.  Maybe who they get turns out to be Mark Sanchez, and we get lucky.  But maybe he turns out to be Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Ben Roethlisberger, etc., etc.  In which case, they will be a legitimate team to contend with until 2030. 

How many times does it have to be explained to you that the data shows about 50% of top QB picks don't pan out?

I don't think anyone doubts they're drafting a QB this year.  It's which one and at what spot.  And st the risk of deflating your ego, they know more than you do about which guy may be best. 

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If Rudolph is truly his guy, and he believes that he's the only one that values him that highly, then he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room.

And that's dumb 

Unless he turns out to be right.  Which is the problem with this entire thread.  No one knows.

I think the Bills like Mayfield, with L Jackson as a fall back plan B. Lots of BS flying around out there lately linking Bills to Rosen, then Allen etc. Last draft none of the Bills picks were brought in for a visit. A total departure from the Whaley era; these guys don't tip their hand . 

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Perhaps I'm the only one that doesn't see this as a big deal

Either move to 2 and take your guy, or move to 4 and take whoever is left 

I agree with you on the first part.

But I wish people wouldn’t talk about trading like it’s automatic.  Those teams have to want to trade.

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Thank you!! We'd have no draft capital left, I don't understand why people want to trade up for a question mark when we can load this roster with 5 top 60 prospects and really build a consistent winner.

Building a roster without a franchise QB is not a recipe for consistent success, and never has been.

Please give me an example of EVEN ONE TEAM in NFL history who was able to maintain success for longer than 4 years without strong play from the QB position.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Wait so your saying the Colts wouldn't trade with the Bills had the Bills made the offer BETTER than the Jets? 

What am I missing? 

The consensus seems to be that the Colts were not willing to fall down to 12 no matter what. 

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Jets just ruined the trade up market. Bills will have to give a lot more now. It'll cost them both first and both 2nds to move to #2. 

Will cost way more than that.  Try both first, both 2nds, next years first,and probably another lower pick as well.  12 to 2, is a big ass jump.  We will get trade raped, only worth t if the QB turns out to be a top 10 guy.  Otherwise we end up like the skins after trading up for RG3

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

God I hope AJ is the like Jimmy G now.

Check YouTube if you haven’t yet. I know some highlights are just the best throws, but I was impressed.  He throws with some guts and can put nice touch on the ball.

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You either go to 2 and get your guy, or you go to 4 and take whoever is left of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen

I think that is the scenario.  However, all teams could have these QBs graded differently.  But, we don't we to leave our pick to chance, hope or luck that our guy is still there.  Unless we don't have one graded MUCH better than the rest.

IMO the top 3 are (in no order)....Rosen, Allen, Mayfield.