Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I would point out again that Foles,  Keenum and Bortles were starters in the championship games.  Maybe it's an outlier, maybe it's a trend.

That would be the afore mentioned 1 yr wonder. It happens... but I don't want to have everything go our way 1 yr and then back to avg.. I want to try and find the guy who makes it on the regular. It's a rare and special thing.. but When ya hit it's gotta b o so nice:)

Yesterday I was crafting this, but did not want to jinx us, so I didn't submit. I some what hope Buffalo can swing a trade with the Giants, but I am not sure they will?

Question now is do they move to Denver's #5 (Allen or Mayfield?) if they are willing which I doubt or Giants #2 (Rosen) and give away next years #1 on top of most of our 1st 3 rounds this year. Puke!

1. Browns should take QB #1 (Darnold), because it will push the panic button for the #2 and #3 picks as the Jets and Bills fight it out. 

2. The Giants want QB (Darnold), but settle for Saquon Barkley if they are stuck with pick and their guy isn't there, unless they are offered a serious ton of draft capital from the Bills or Jets like a #1 next year plus more. Josh Rosen is Manning 2.0 (smooth arm movement but throws a wobbler on film), so that is possible too.

3A. This makes #3 trade down gold.The Colts should trade with the Jets and grab their #2 to land a blue chipper and still get a beast on defense without having to drop to #12. They need draft picks, because of Cap hell. I think there is a secret plan to draft Baker Mayfield, so they may stay put or trade with Cleveland to leapfrog Denver. I think the Colts could still land Chubb here at #6.

3B. However, If I were Buffalo I would swing a deal with SF to #9 ASAP and give them a late #3 to gain leverage, because they do not have a #2 from the Jimmy Garoppolo trade and it would still give the Colts a great prospect on Defense or at Guard in the top 10. Trading to #3 from #9 would cost the Bills either our #22 or both 2nd round picks + change. I would rather keep #22 to land a great MLB since there are 3 elite ones, but I think Indy wants #22. I think we lose out and cannot move down to get our guy!

4. Bills really like Josh Allen and gamble on a bust?

Prediction

Cleveland - Darnold

Giants - Rosen (Manning 2.0)

Jets - Mayfield

Browns - Barkley/Minkah Fitzpatrick or we secretly like Josh Allen

Denver - Josh Allen (Elway 2.0)

Chubb

#12 Bills decide to take Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech or Roquan Smith, Georgia 

skip to #22

Bills Select 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

You cannot take that chance

Cleveland is a lock to go QB at one, ditto for NYJ at 3. Denver is 90% at 5. Do you feel safe that neither NYG or Miami will take your guy, and that none of Arizona, Baltimore, LAC, or Pittsburgh will move ahead of you?

You don't know who they like, nor do I, nor does anyone else here.

Up till this morning everyone has liked what Beane has done.  And now because another team makes a trade Beane is a bum?

Come on.  He is in position to do whatever he thinks is the right thing for the franchise.  Let him do his job instead of assuming a bunch of stuff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can't see an OG ever going #2 overall.  I don't care if he comes into the league already wearing a gold jacket and plays for 15 years.    That's too high a spot to draft an interior OL....

This trade pushes him down the board and makes it easier for NYG to pick up some more picks and get to 7 or so to grab him...

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

You either go to 2 and get your guy, or you go to 4 and take whoever is left of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen

Sorry I meant the Giants, I'm not convinced they are going to draft a QB.

As for as the Bills, I've said already that the goal should be #2.

6 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

I think it has something to do w that method has been tried multiple times and you might get lucky 1 yr but w out a fqb, there won't be any staying power. Great teams have great qbs. This team has infused rosters w talent all to see it go for not...bc they came up short at the most important position. 

**edit- it's the QB... the qb is the most important position****

I see the logic and agree to an extent but there's not a clear cut QB that is going to be a franchise guy, let alone a starter. The risk is huge, the reward is huge as well. We watched 3 non franchise QB have their teams within a game of the SB... 

If you have great talent throughout the team, you don't need spectacular QB play to succeed.

Beane doesn't strike me as a guy who is willing to take such an extreme risk. There's no Andrew Luck , Cam Newton , Wentz out there. . There's alot of question marks

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That feels like a move for Rosen. Darnold 1, Barkley 2, Rosen 3

Yup. They had a ton of people at Rosen's pro day.

Darnold #1

Rosen #3 (unless someone trades up to #2, and that could end up being the Jets, too). 

Mayfield #5

Maybe we get really lucky and the Jets fall in love with Allen... lol 

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...has anybody seen McBeane's official definition of a "franchise QB" so we can realistically compare HIS definition to the roster of candidates?.....nothing yet in my Funk & Wagnalls....from him or anybody....

I posted it before, but basically it is Rosen, Darnold or Allen...Big guy stays in pocket can see over the linemen very good arm accurate good zip on the ball for tight spaces...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

You think Beane is snoozing?  He knows exactly what he's doing. 

Look at what the Jets paid to move from 6 to 3.  Now imagine what the Colts were asking from the Bills. 

Should have gotten Cousins. 

If he trades for #2 SOON, then no, he would be not be snoozing.

Edited by Rico

I'm one of those who does ZERO research on college football to have any idea on which QB fits best as a Bill. I just read comments here from you guys and go with the majority vote. So here's my question:

After the move the Jets made and if the Giants plan on taking a QB, do you think maybe shopping our 22nd pick this year for a 1st round pick in next years' draft would be a good idea? That way we can hopefully land a stud this year in whatever position and just see how McCarron fairs with all the ammunition he'll have with our current roster and our final roster postdraft. What you think?

We made the playoffs with Tyrod throwing for 150 yards a game on average. 

Are you guys really sold on this years QB class? (Serious question)

Does next years QB class seem better? (Another serious question)

1 minute ago, BBillsWestCoast said:

Prediction

Cleveland - Darnold

Giants - Rosen (Manning 2.0)

Jets - Mayfield

Browns - Barkley/Minkah Fitzpatrick or we secretly like Josh Allen

Denver - Josh Allen (Elway 2.0)

Chubb

#12 Bills decide to take Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech or Roquan Smith, Georgia 

skip to #22

Bills Select 

That prediction feels increasingly likely to me as well.   If Allen fell to 22, would he be considered a "good value" pick???

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I see the logic and agree to an extent but there's not a clear cut QB that is going to be a franchise guy, let alone a starter. The risk is huge, the reward is huge as well. We watched 3 non franchise QB have their teams within a game of the SB... 

If you have great talent throughout the team, you don't need spectacular QB play to succeed.

Beane doesn't strike me as a guy who is willing to take such an extreme risk. There's no Andrew Luck , Cam Newton , Wentz out there. . There's alot of question marks

Wentz was a huge gamble...the definition of extreme risk. 

The constant belief the Giants want to move out of #2 is nauseating. Look how much the Jets just gave up to move a few spots. We control nothing at this point other than the #12 pick. 

we call the Giants and theyre going to want both our 1st round picks. Our 2nd round pick. And probably our 1st round pick next year. 

No thanks.  

Edited by bobobonators

32 minutes ago, McBean said:

Man, it’s hard to think positive right now about this. 

I don’t see anyway we don’t end up with the 4th best QB tops right now.

We need to get to #2 or #4 to avoid the 4th best QB.  But, maybe the 4th QB is #1 or #2 on our list?

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You don't know who they like, nor do I, nor does anyone else here.

Up till this morning everyone has liked what Beane has done.  And now because another team makes a trade Beane is a bum?

Come on.  He is in position to do whatever he thinks is the right thing for the franchise.  Let him do his job instead of assuming a bunch of stuff.

When did I say anything even remotely negative about Beane?

I'm not assuming anything either. The reality is that assuming anyone that you like will be there at 12 is tantamount to believing yourself to be the smartest person in the room...and that's dumb 

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Sorry I meant the Giants, I'm not convinced they are going to draft a QB.

As for as the Bills, I've said already that the goal should be #2.

Right on

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

That prediction feels increasingly likely to me as well.   If Allen fell to 22, would he be considered a "good value" pick???

He won't fall past Miami or Arizona. He would be considered a top 10 in other drafts. Think Bortholes and Rothlesbooger.

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It almost comes down to Foles with or 22nd pick to the Eagles or Mason or Jackson? I think I would go with Foles...

I would rather wait to see how the draft plays out. Say we grab Jackson at 22, if it's clear none of those three QBs have what it takes to lead the Bills, then I'd sign Foles next year as an UFA. No need to give up draft compensation. I'm also on record for not wanting to mortgage our entire draft for the #2 pick. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

When did I say anything even remotely negative about Beane?

I'm not assuming anything either. The reality is that assuming anyone that you like will be there at 12 is tantamount to believing yourself to be the smartest person in the room...and that's dumb 

Right on

What if he really likes Rudolph?  He'll be there at 12.  Just as an example.