Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The jets made the move too early.

Both the 1 and 2 picks have been rumored to be available

Would you rather have a few 2nd rd picks or a franchise QB? Why are people saying the Jets gave up to much or traded to soon? They did what they had to do to land one of the top 3.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

I think we can attempt to go ahead and trade up with Tampa, then jump up to 2 from 7. Now that Tamp knows there is no way they get Chubb, they may be willing to trade out. Tampa may have been waiting to see if INDy traded out to 12. If that were the case, they would have had a good shot at Chubb. Now they have no shot. 

You could try to get from 12-7, then up to 2. Who knows? I think Beane has a plan, now the market is set. Now we will see what he does from here.  

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This is just not true.  They actually tried to get 1 and 2.  It's not like they targeted 3.  They targeted 1 and 2 but had to settle for 3.

13 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

If people insist on using the Bills' past results as a predictor of future results, then you can't ignore how the Jets have biffed on EVERY SINGLE TIME they traded up into the top 5 (see the linked tweet above). 

See I would rather be the team that tries and fails than the team that goes on 17 year long playoff droughts and refuses to address the most important position in all of professional sports. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

They were willing to move back and did. If the Bills offered up 12, 22 and our 2nd's it had to be a done deal IMO with the amount of holes the Colts have.

We don’t know that.  People talk about trading like you can pick and choose the trade you want.

The colts may have a guy they covet who they think might not get out of the top 10.

Regardless, it’s kind of a panic move to trade this early.  I don’t know how anyone is faulting Beane here.

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

They dont have the fire power for 2.  They went as far as they could go.  Until proven other wise I believe Beane has an agreement in place with Gettleman if his Qb is there.  Something the Jets couldn't beat or they would be at 2 today not 3.  

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Would you rather have a few 2nd rd pick or a franchise QB? Why are people saying the Jets gave up too much or traded to soon? THey did what they had to do to land one of the top 3.

These same people would be celebrating if the Bills made this trade today.

Just now, NewEraBills said:

This is just not true.  They actually tried to get 1 and 2.  It's not like they targeted 3.  They targeted 1 and 2 but had to settle for 3.

Yeah, they tried, but they may not have had enough to get there.

1 minute ago, jtrip said:

Mark my words:  Bills will move to 2nd before the draft and on draft day swap with Cleveland.  Bills get the #1 QB and Cleveland takes the RB. End of story.  Thank me later !

No reason for Cleveland to do that.  If Buffalo trade to 2 and the jets at 3 Barkley will be there at 4.  

Hahaha. Beane just made the Jets panic with our trade up to 12. Now they way over payed for that spot. This means a lot of QBs are coming off the board quick, meanwhile there is a lot of talent being ignored. QB isn't the only position that can make a difference.

• Like (+1) 3