Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I wonder if the Jets tried trading up to 2 but the Giants didn’t want to move out of that spot. Not good for us if the plan was to move up even further.

Or the Giants were saying F U to their crosstown rivals.

Everyone should relax.

If Beane wanted the third pick, he would have been able to outbid the jets.

im pretty confident that we either will make the trade for the Giants pick, or we have a bunch of guys graded the same and we will move up to get whichever one is last off the board.

only 6 more weeks of madness...

• Like (+1) 2

This is why I said the Bills needed to trade into top 5 now and  not wait.

We better not hear Beane at the post draft press conference with a 2nd round QB saying they inquired about moving up but wasn't comfortable with what get have to give up. 

You have the ammo to move up. Do it.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Which would be terrible.

They would've have passed on opportunity to draft QBs TWO YEARS IN A ROW which is grounds for termination in the NFL given our QB situation.

Giants need to be the target and they need to do what they need to do to get the pick. 

Some people never learn. The Bills have drafted well throughout the draft. Where has it got them? NO WHERE. Why? Because they ignore the most important position in QB. 

I'd be shocked if McBeane repeat the same and they'll be headed down the inevitable road of unemployment.

Beane was not there last April unless you want to buy into the theory he was a puppet master from afar.  

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Based on the math the Jets paid roughly a 25% premium. The Bills would be looking at 12, 22, 53, 56 and a 2019 2nd. It’s a giant price now.

Too much for this QB class, unfortunately, IMO.     I'm a Rosen guy, but giving up that much to get him will set the team back for years.   

Allen at #12 is looking more like the new path forward...

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 54s54 seconds ago

The #Jets explored all options for this trade... including possibly going up to No. 1. In the end, they settled on No. 3. ... Meanwhile, the #Colts fielded calls from other QB-needy teams, but felt good about moving to No. 6 and dealing with the #Jets.

That’s the key point, Colts felt good about 6, not 12.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

This is why I said the Bills needed to trade into top 5 now and  not wait.

We better not hear Beane at the post draft press conference with a 2nd round QB saying they inquires about moving up but wasn't comfortable with what get have to give up. 

You have the ammo to move up. Do it.

That is exactly what we are going to hear.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's awful news. I hope they are confident in some talks or something with the giants.

Otherwise, get these dudes the !@#$ out of here. I understand 6 vs 12, but they could have beaten that offer. If they didn't do so and the giants haven't been as keen on trading out as people speculate, this has been an absolute disaster.

Just now, Real McCoy said:

20 years is not long enough? THIS is the TIME....

So, you're saying we overpay and blow the whole load on the #2 pick? Yes, we're panicking again. Face it, we f'd up when we drafted Cyrus Kouandjio instead of Jimmy Garoppolo because someone in the organization thought Manuel was the one and only answer.

30 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wait... that’s all the Jets gave up????

Yikes.  Come on Beane, you’re better than them!

well they had the 6th pick thats why they were able to give 3 #2's...the bills need to move from 12,22 to I'd say not #2 with the Giants,but if they really love Rosen or someone else just go straight to #1 and trade with Cleveland.....12,22,our second and clevelands 3rd back to Cleveland?