Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

This did set the market for what it will take.

Value chart needed- Could the 12 pick and then our first pick in the second and first pick in the third and next years 1st get us up to 2?

It's open bidding so what do you do if somebody else offers equivalent value?  Where do you stop.

5 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

We traded up to get Losman. Bills panicked when they heard the Packers wanted him. Packers stood pat and drafted Aaron Rodgers the next year. Sometimes, you need to wait even longer.

20 years is not long enough? THIS is the TIME....

• Like (+1) 1

We sit around here and a team like Denver or Miami is going to jump the jets and just ruin our offseason. I would be making a move to 1 or 2 within the hour here because this started the clock for every other team. We can sit around with coy smiles on our face like “wait and see what we do” Then wake up and be completely blocked out of the top 3.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Elite Poster said:

Can't wait til we get Roquan Smith at 12 and take Mason Rudolph at 22, eh?

If i was a betting man and things stayed as they were, I'd say a combo of Lamar Jackson and Vita Vea.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I wonder if the Jets tried trading up to 2 but the Giants didn’t want to move out of that spot. Not good for us if the plan was to move up even further.

unless the deal is basically already done...

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Eli is old and not that good and this draft class has good qb talent and they happen to have #2nand rebuilding.    It is totally reasonable for the giants to take a qb.  

Lets hope not but how can you not see that.  Don’t think for a second the jets did not make the same offer to the giants and they said no.  

They may want Barkley

3 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Can’t imagine the Colts GM didn’t call Beane to see if he would beat the Jets offer before they agreed to the trade with the Jets.  Would be GM malpractice not to maximize their return for that pick.

We’re not trading for the Giants pick now.  If Beane wouldn’t pay the price for the 3rd pick there is no way he’s going to get raped to move up to the 2nd pick.  They will likely wait and see how things fall and possibly move up some from 12 if by some chance their guy drops or just wait at 12 and restock the cupboards with all their picks and hope McCarron is a diamond in the rough.

Quite possible that Bills had an offer in and Jets upped the ante.  Beane said he wouldn't overpay for a QB.  Jets were willing to go higher.  Time will tell who made the wise decision.  Colts definitely got a great deal.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

And has a few years left.

Maybe. At best. I don't doubt that the Giants are trying to win with Manning until he retires or his ability falls off a cliff (which could happen at any point). But they aren't likely to pick at #2 again, and NFL franchises have a longer horizon than one or two years.

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

In 2004, GMs were still pretty awful at evaluating QBs. Mahomes went top 10 and a team traded up to get him last year. These same guys that were running drafts in the early 2000s said that guy was a second or third round pick. TIMES CHANGE, but the Bills don't. 

If people insist on using the Bills' past results as a predictor of future results, then you can't ignore how the Jets have biffed on EVERY SINGLE TIME they traded up into the top 5 (see the linked tweet above). 

• Like (+1) 1

The Giants may not even be thinking of trading regardless of offer.  In a year or 2, they’re in the same situation as the Bills at QB if they don’t snag a top guy this year.

I think Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield are out of the running for us now.

Florio is suggesting he knows that the Bills would’ve made the move to 3 if the Jets didn’t - the Colts forced the Jets to make the trade now.

Again, if Beane screws up this draft he should be out.  They (McD) screwed up last year’s draft but lucked out.  Two in a row means you’re fired.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1