Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

9 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

What do you mean?  The Jets got "raped".  They gave up 1 first and 3 2nds to move up a measly 3 spots.  That's not good at all.

Yep, people need to realize we would have to have kicked in 22 as well as another 2nd in addition to the three the Jets gave up and perhaps another 2nd or 3rd as well.  Just too costly in my mind.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

IDK. If you asked my right now today if I rather have Ray Lewis or Joe Flacco I'd choose Ray Lewis. Because I don't see these QB as much more than Flacco or Matt Ryan I would give up an entire draft for them. JMO.

We don't know. I would trade 2 1st and 2 2nds for Matt Ryan .

If I thought there was a can't miss type in the draft I'd be upset.  I don't see any of these guys as fitting that category.  So if they wait to get a guy fine.  Or if they think a guy is can't miss and give up a lot to go to 2 fine as well.

5 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Cleveland: Likely taking Darnold

Giants: Rosen, Mayfield

Jets: Rosen, Allen, Mayfield

Broncos: Allen, Mayfield or Jackson

Bills: Leftovers 

We are doing 2004 all over again. You have to get the top guy. 

In that scenario that has Bills trading back into 1st for a QB, and I could be wrong but given the Bills’ two 1st round picks, I just don’t see that happening. 

As to taking a crappy QB, I trust Beane and his team - so I don’t think that happens either.

Now, maybe waiting to Draft a QB until 2nd round, I could see that happening. But not overpaying, teaching too high, or failing to understand how to acquire the talent via the Draft, are not concerns as far as I can tell.

15 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Lamar at #12 may just be the best play if OBD is hell bent on acquiring a QB. Not my choice, but a developmental guy well worth exploring.

I think fans are setting themselves up for disappointment thinking there is a miracle deal with the giants out there.

And this may have been there plan all along.  The 2nd tier of this QB class ain’t bad. And we keep all our picks.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

I don't know how old you are but history has a freaking interesting way of repeating itself. I was being just as dramatic when we settled for Losman and everyone called me an idiot. 

We traded up to get Losman. Bills panicked when they heard the Packers wanted him. Packers stood pat and drafted Aaron Rodgers the next year. Sometimes, you need to wait even longer.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He absolutely should.  Have the lessons of history not been absorbed?  There is no “we tried” - get it done or find a new job.

He will be in hot water for sure, but he won't be fired unless all the QBs pan out. That won't be determined for a couple years at least.

Can’t imagine the Colts GM didn’t call Beane to see if he would beat the Jets offer before they agreed to the trade with the Jets.  Would be GM malpractice not to maximize their return for that pick.

We’re not trading for the Giants pick now.  If Beane wouldn’t pay the price for the 3rd pick there is no way he’s going to get raped to move up to the 2nd pick.  They will likely wait and see how things fall and possibly move up some from 12 if by some chance their guy drops or just wait at 12 and restock the cupboards with all their picks and hope McCarron is a diamond in the rough.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

You think Beane is snoozing?  He knows exactly what he's doing. 

Look at what the Jets paid to move from 6 to 3.  Now imagine what the Colts were asking from the Bills. 

Should have gotten Cousins. 

Cousins was never in the cards as Beane said yesterday on the John Murphy Show.

If the Giants were drafting a QB why not move Eli out. They want to win with Eli AND get a QB to groom, trade #2 and pick up a ton to put around #10! 

Buffalo can offer 4 picks this year plus more next year. 

Giants only gave 5 picks total as of today. 

We are about to find out what Beane is made of. This is a big move for the Jets. If he doesn’t trade up, and a worthwhile QB doesn’t fall to 12, this town is going to start holding his feet to the fire. 

You can’t just trade away everybody on the roster and not come away with a top QB prospect 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Not if the plan was to trade up to three in case the giants don't want to trade up.

Are you simple? 

So you know what Beane's plan is? And the Giants? And think the Colts weren't fielding multiple offers? And don't realize the Jets' #6 pick probably made their offer more palatable than anything the Bills could offer without giving up the farm? If Beane has demonstrated anything thus far, it's strong negotiating skills and patience. 

Are you able to dress yourself?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mango said:

We are about to find out what Beane is made of. This is a big move for the Jets. If he doesn’t trade up, and a worthwhile QB doesn’t fall to 12, this town is going to start holding his feet to the fire. 

You can’t just trade away everybody on the roster and not come away with a top QB prospect 

At the presser the other day it sounded to me like they were taking Lamar Jackson at 12.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

In that scenario that has Bills trading back into 1st for a QB, and I could be wrong but given the Bills’ two 1st round picks, I just don’t see that happening. 

As to taking a crappy QB, I trust Beane and his team - so I don’t think that happens either.

Now, maybe waiting to Draft a QB until 2nd round, I could see that happening. But not overpaying, teaching too high, or failing to understand how to acquire the talent via the Draft, are not concerns as far as I can tell.

You can't draft QB so passively. The statistics do not play in your favor. I am referring to 2004 where instead of trading up from where we were, we settled and had to panic to get leftovers. We are sitting in a "get the left overs" position and a DIVISION RIVAL just made a move to change their franchise. 

We are almost done with having to see Brady 2x a year. I really do not want to freakin have that turn into seeing a potential new stud QB twice a year. We will never win a damn championship prodding out these retread, reject choir boys at QB every damn year.