Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

4 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Cleveland: Likely taking Darnold

Giants: Rosen, Mayfield

Jets: Rosen, Allen, Mayfield

Broncos: Allen, Mayfield or Jackson

Bills: Leftovers 

We are doing 2004 all over again. You have to get the top guy. 

You are definitely an elite poster my friend... It's amazing how many people don't remember 2004. I saw people saying they wanted the Bills to stay at 12 and draft defense, then get whatever QB is left at 22.

They can not accept leftovers. Or they need to abort this year and kick the can down the road to getting to the top in the next couple years.

Just now, sodbuster said:

My only hope is that they tried to get to two, but the Giants told them someone is already offering them more for the pick.

The Giants would also never let the other team in town get a QB at their original pick. What if he ends up being a stud? The fanbase would implode. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Yep. We are talking franchise QB. No price is too much, but you have to be right.

IDK. If you asked my right now today if I rather have Ray Lewis or Joe Flacco I'd choose Ray Lewis. Because I don't see these QB as much more than Flacco or Matt Ryan I would not give up an entire draft for them. JMO.

Edited by CuddyDark

Anyone consider that the Browns at 1 and Giants at 2 don't want to move to 12 or let alone trade at all?  

Im sure Beane tried for #3 but 12 was probably too far to trade back or the cost too high.

I don't like our QB situation.  I think this staff thinks they can win with a 2nd teir QB and I hate that.

Move to 2 and take the guy you think is the franchise QB. 

11 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I think we might be looking at Rudolph or 2nd tier guys now.  The Jets F'ed up the price.  They gave up a 1st and 3 2nd round picks to move up just 3 spots.  With that kind of price to pay, now the Giants are going to command a damn fortune.  I'm not happy about this at all.  As I said late last week, teams like Denver and the Jets offer more value because the Giants and the Colts can still get their guy and "rape" them for picks.  That's exactly what happened here.  The Colts are still going to get Chubb if that's who they want and they just stacked the deck.

Yeah. That's why we needed or still need to try to work a deal to #7 or #8. That way if we trade to #1 or #2 the Browns or Giants can still get an elite player that will fall with all the Qbs being taken in the top 5.

2 minutes ago, mattynh said:

IF the giants are willing to trade.    Why would they not take a qb?

Because of a guy named Eli.  

If the Bills think there's a guy they have to have they'll use the capital they need to use to get him.  Or it may be they think a guy like Rudolph has as much potential as say Rosen.

My bet is still they move up to get Rosen.  But if not then they'll still take a guy they like in round 1 and get a stud MLB at 12.

20 minutes ago, Rico said:

You snooze, you lose.

Better get Gettleman on the phone.

You think Beane is snoozing?  He knows exactly what he's doing. 

Look at what the Jets paid to move from 6 to 3.  Now imagine what the Colts were asking from the Bills. 

Should have gotten Cousins. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Because of a guy named Eli.  

If the Bills think there's a guy they have to have they'll use the capital they need to use to get him.  Or it may be they think a guy like Rudolph has as much potential as say Rosen.

My bet is still they move up to get Rosen.  But if not then they'll still take a guy they like in round 1 and get a stud MLB at 12.

Eli Manning is 37

• Like (+1) 1