Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

If the Giants are taking a QB, and the Browns and Jets intend to take QBs as well, then we will not be moving up for a QB in this draft.  In that case, I bet we end up making sure we that we can get Roquan Smith.

Yeah that makes sense to me. I think it will be 1. Darnold  2. Rosen 3. Mayfield 4. Barkley

Bills will miss out on this class or find a way to get Allen. 

Edited by Fetou

I'm still not a huge fan of the Bills paying ANYTHING to get to that #2 pick.  Maybe the guy(s) who are available at 12 aren't that much below the guys taken at #2 or #3.  I mean, there have been guys taken in the top 5 at QB who were thought to be almost sure things that were busts...and guys that were 'reached' for that had flaws that turned out pretty good.

What if (in reality) the first QB taken has a 60% chance of being a star, the second guy has a 50% chance, the third guy a 45% chance, and the 4th and 5th guys a 40% chance. IF that is the case (and it seems like that is what a lot of drafted QB's turn out to be), then I'd WANT the first guy, but I'd rather have the 4th or 5th guy than to trade multiple #1's and a couple #2s.

For all we know, the Bills may be in an all-or-nothing mode for the 1 guy they identified......OR....they may think they can turn ANY of their top 5 rated guys into what they want and don't have much of a preference.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Well that means to get to #2...

Bills would have to give #12, 53, 65, 2019 1st & 3rd.... that’s if they want to keep 22.

or 

12, 22, 56, 96 And 2019 2nd....maybe

But I’m thinking next year 1st is gone if we want #2.

Based on the math the Jets paid roughly a 25% premium. The Bills would be looking at 12, 22, 53, 56 and a 2019 2nd. It’s a giant price now.

3 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

If the Giants are taking a QB, and the Browns and Jets intend to take QBs as well, then we will not be moving up for a QB in this draft.  In that case, I bet we end up making sure we that we can get Roquan Smith.

That would be a disastrous outcome for the Bills. The qb they have now is a lesser player than the one they had last season. 

3 minutes ago, akm0404 said:

Keep in mind the Jets only moved from 6 to 3.  Only a 3 spot move-up, which is why it only cost them second rounders.

Moving from 12 to 3 is MUCH costlier, an order of magnitude so.

If the Bills want to pick #2, it's going to cost both first, next years #1, and some other swag.  

yes but, unless i’m reading the push notification from NFL incorrectly, they only gave up two 2nd-rounders this year and one next year for that #3 overall.

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wait... that’s all the Jets gave up????

Yikes.  Come on Beane, you’re better than them!

What do you mean?  The Jets got "raped".  They gave up 1 first and 3 2nds to move up a measly 3 spots.  That's not good at all.

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

The Colts GM showed no patience... If they waited closer to the draft they could have received way more.

I'm not worried. They're the Jets... They'll probably take Josh Allen. But we forced the Jets to give up picks anyway. At the very least we scared them into giving up draft picks for a QB that they didn't think they would have to just a week ago.

didn't see this coming, but oh well.  losing that draft capitol will bite them in the future. i am sure beane knows what gettleman's gonna do, so i'm not too worried about the giants blindsiding us by a trade out without giving us a shot.

as for the jets, i could see them taking josh allen....or better yet, since they have teddy as a mentor they traded to make sure they get lamar jackson.:D

btw, i still think we have a plan in place for no.4 with the browns.

Edited by billsredneck1