Women's NCAA: UB in the Sweet 16!

I know. Who cares about women's ball? Still, UB has to two teams dancing. This game starts around 1pm and can be seen on ESPN2 or WatchESPN. If you live in WNY, ESPN2 will have continuous coverage. Outside it will be like RedZone channel with multiple games at once. But WatchESPN will have the individual games. 

UB women have been as high as 14 in RPI this season and have received some Top 25 votes in polls.

#UBHornsUp

Edited by PromoTheRobot

When my son was in high school I used to try to get him to watch women’s college games. Setting screens, jump shots, pick and roll, half court offense, full court press. Those are the skills a small school suburban boys team should try to master. He wouldn’t watch, it just wasn’t cool.  Many college women’s games are boring and inept, but I still occasionally enjoy watching a very good college women’s game. 

6 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

When my son was in high school I used to try to get him to watch women’s college games. Setting screens, jump shots, pick and roll, half court offense, full court press. Those are the skills a small school suburban boys team should try to master. He wouldn’t watch, it just wasn’t cool.  Many college women’s games are boring and inept, but I still occasionally enjoy watching a very good college women’s game. 

I watch UB woman's to pick up tips for my game lol and I tell my nephew the same

this year they play so much like a men's team... up and down the court , inside outside basketball 

its beautiful and you really can learn alot

UB women just dusted #3 Florida State by 21 on their home court 86-65! On to the Sweet 16 in Albany Saturday. They meet defending champ #2 South Carolina. I got my ticket. Horns up!

Game will be on ESPN time TBA.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UB women just dusted #3 Florida State by 21 on their home court 86-65! On to the Sweet 16 in Albany Saturday. They meet defending champ #2 South Carolina. I got my ticket. Horns up!

Almost like a home game for Buffalo.  Their fan base will be great. South Carolina are the defending champs, but they are beatable this year. I think Buffalo has a pretty good chance.

36 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Almost like a home game for Buffalo.  Their fan base will be great. South Carolina are the defending champs, but they are beatable this year. I think Buffalo has a pretty good chance.

Back-to-back 20+point wins against #19 and #11 teams in the country. The team is rolling!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I live four blocks from the TU.  If you (or anyone else) want to have a beer first round is on me.

7 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I live four blocks from the TU.  If you (or anyone else) want to have a beer first round is on me.

I bought tickets so I'm going to be there. It's an 11:30am game time though. I have a 3.5 hour drive from NH so maybe a beer after? I'll pm you.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I bought tickets so I'm going to be there. It's an 11:30am game time though. I have a 3.5 hour drive from NH so maybe a beer after? I'll pm you.

I would be very wary of  his intentions  Promo..Just saying, watch your drink at all times

Just leaving Albany. Tough loss for the Bulls but they hung tough most of the way. SC was so much bigger but UB still had clean looks that they had to hit. But Buffalo turned out, met the new AD Mark Alnutt, met Nate Oats, walked by Jerry Sullivan.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just leaving Albany. Tough loss for the Bulls but they hung tough most of the way. SC was so much bigger but UB still had clean looks that they had to hit. But Buffalo turned out, met the new AD Mark Alnutt, met Nate Oats, walked by Jerry Sullivan.

Nice...ha..I like how you just walked by Sullivan..all 5 feet of him.p.s.-What did Oats have to say?

25 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Nice...ha..I like how you just walked by Sullivan..all 5 feet of him.p.s.-What did Oats have to say?

I only had the chance to offer congratulations to Oats. As you can imagine he drew quite the crowd when he entered the Parrish Public House. (The UB fan HQ.) He's a rock star now.

I did have a minute to speak with the new AD Mark Alnutt. Told him that he needs to get UB out of the MAC and into the AAC, where his old school Memphis plays.  He avoided saying anything bad about the MAC. Just that he's looking to "raise the profile" of UB. Take it for what it's worth.

Sully was chasing down Oats for an interview moments after the loss. Oats was sitting in my section (122) couple rows behind me. I thought of saying something but decided not to.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I only had the chance to offer congratulations to Oats. As you can imagine he drew quite the crowd when he entered the Parrish Public House. (The UB fan HQ.) He's a rock star now.

I did have a minute to speak with the new AD Mark Alnutt. Told him that he needs to get UB out of the MAC and into the AAC, where his old school Memphis plays.  He afforded saying anything bad to say about the MAC. Just that he's looking to "raise the profile" of UB. Take it for what you will.

Sully was chasing down Oats for an interview moments after the loss. Oats was sitting in my section (122) couple rows behind me. I thought of saying something but decided not to.

That would be a dream to move into the ACC!! The question is..would the university be willing to pay the ransom...also..I would assume our games would have to be moved downtown to the KBC.Pegula would have a say in that but other NFL teams share arenas with NBA/college teams..why not us.Oh my...I wish!