Baker Mayfield

25 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Sonny Jurgensen and Fran Tarkenton were under 6 foot. Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton are all 6-2 or a little under. If you want to go by height Brock Osweiler should be the king of the castle he's 6ft 8. But he sucks. You have to look at performance and not height. There's really no difference in the amount of batted balls between Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold.

I’m not only basing it on height. I’m just saying that it’s definitely preferable to have a taller quarterback. And yes Jurgenson and Tarkenton were under 6’ tall, at the same time a 300lb lineman was unheard of...

If you've watched Mayfield play then you would know that his height does not impair him. He slides well in the pocket to find throwing lanes. He is also a smart QB that can diagnose what defenses are doing quickly and then find the open man. He is accurate to all levels of the field. Best QB in the draft. 

The Baker will be the 3rd QB off the board. We will have to jump the Broncs if we want him or it may be the reverse and Allen is the QB Elway wants.  One may be there at 12 if the Cards don't play hopscotch. Unless they feel that Bradford can stay healthy and Glennon is a solid #2,  the Cards may want the future franchise now. 

My favorite college football player ever.  Amazing to watch last year.  The touch on his passes down the seam of the field is second to none.

That being said I dont think the Bills draft him.  He is my #1 quarterback, but historically Beane and McDermott have been a part of teams who have drafted quarterbacks 6'2 or taller with lower accuracy percentages. 

4 hours ago, VirginiaMike said:

I would be OK with having "The Baker" cook up some magic in Buffalo.  I like the fact that he is ultra confident, so much so that he walked on at Oklahoma rather than stick with a scholarship somewhere else.  Height can be an issue, but I think most Bill's fans remember Doug Flutie and his success in Buffalo until folks thought he was too short and when to the prototypical Rob Johnson.  That didn't work out so well.

I don’t want to ever see anything under center remotely like Doug flutie. 

Horrible qb.

used to skip passes of the ground on swing passes to the flat. 

Fans loved him for his underdog vibe,  off the field branding and occasional crazy improv play. 

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t want to ever see anything under center remotely like Doug flutie. 

Horrible qb.

used to skip passes of the ground on swing passes to the flat. 

Fans loved him for his underdog vibe,  off the field branding and occasional crazy improv play. 

Mayfield is a much better passer than Flutie ever was, but cut Flutie some slack because he was late in his career and his arm was shot when he got to Buffalo.

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Mayfield is a much better passer than Flutie ever was, but cut Flutie some slack because he was late in his career and his arm was shot when he got to Buffalo.

I don’t see any corollaries between Mayfield other than a two syllable last name. Just saying  referencing parallels to him in any QB discussion is negative. I did enjoy when he was on the pats though. 

Doug’s arm was never good. Career 54% passer. It will never make sense to me how the same fan base that gushed over his play applauded Tyrod getting shipped out. The later had his weaknesses but is 10 times the QB that ‘Rudy’ Flutie was . 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Eh.  Pass.  I cant remember being less thrilled with a QB prospect that everyone else thought pretty highly of.  Well...I can...there is one other person that I felt that way about.  JP Losman.

I just dont like his cockyness and attitude. 

12 hours ago, H2o said:

If you've watched Mayfield play then you would know that his height does not impair him. He slides well in the pocket to find throwing lanes. He is also a smart QB that can diagnose what defenses are doing quickly and then find the open man. He is accurate to all levels of the field. Best QB in the draft. 

YEAH

13 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Just stop.  Mayfield is literally has the best pocket presence in the draft.  The dude is a master in the pocket.  Watch more college football.

YEAH

Mayfield won't get past the Broncos at 5.  If the Bills like him and he's still there at 4, you talk to the Browns.  Would probably only take the 12th and 22nd.  Maybe even just the 12th and both 2nd rounders.