Baker Mayfield

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I bet there were five other P.I.s hired by teams not stupid enough to hire one and then talk about it.

Pretty common practice from what I've read.

...probably correct....and I'm sure those doing the hiring are "lily white" themselves (COUGH).......

I would be OK with having "The Baker" cook up some magic in Buffalo.  I like the fact that he is ultra confident, so much so that he walked on at Oklahoma rather than stick with a scholarship somewhere else.  Height can be an issue, but I think most Bill's fans remember Doug Flutie and his success in Buffalo until folks thought he was too short and when to the prototypical Rob Johnson.  That didn't work out so well.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, VirginiaMike said:

I would be OK with having "The Baker" cook up some magic in Buffalo.  I like the fact that he is ultra confident, so much so that he walked on at Oklahoma rather than stick with a scholarship somewhere else.  Height can be an issue, but I think most Bill's fans remember Doug Flutie and his success in Buffalo until folks thought he was too short and when to the prototypical Rob Johnson.  That didn't work out so well.

Flutie was too short

4 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

he's too short to play in the NFL.   he's just too short.   after watching Taylor struggle with batted balls all year and trying to find openings to throw the ball through, my QB needs to be tall and stand tall and throw tall... you can't coach size.   B M doesn't have it for today's NFL.  

he's too short to play in the NFL.   he's just too short.   after watching Taylor struggle with batted balls all year and trying to find openings to throw the ball through, my QB needs to be tall and stand tall and throw tall... you can't coach size.   B M doesn't have it for today's NFL.  

Rosen had more batted balls than Mayfield last year. 

Hes already proved he can throw through windows, Tyrod never done that during his college years.... Brees, Wilson and Rogers proved they could do this in college also, all of the slid in the draft.... I think we will be able to get Mayfield at 12 come the end of April, and it would be a mistake to pass him up. 

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

If we trade into the top 5 he's probably available, but do we want him? He's got a great arm, good accuracy, good mobility, picks up the blitz well, and by all accounts is a grest leader, but Baker is a stupid first name. I say pass.

What say you?

Baker was probably a surname somewhere in his family's ancestory.  I've seen that done a lot.  As far as height goes does any athletic shoe maker offer platforms?

53 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I wouldn’t call it “lazy”. There’s two quarterbacks who have been successful that are at his height. Brees and Wilson. And Wilson’s athletic ability sets him apart from almost every other quarterback in the league right now. Almost every guy that height has issues becoming successful in the NFL. 

The concern over his height is warranted as there have been few successful NFL QBs af this height (as you stated), but I think that his apparent drive and attitude will allow him to overcome the odds.  All of these QBs have some questions- I’d be very happy to have the Bills give him his chance.

on height and QB; I think it's relevant that Mayfield is just about a half inch shorter than a 6-1" QB, and while he isn't Russell Wilson fast, he's mobile. I wouldn't hold height against him. 

anyways, the research here shows it's a pretty individual thing. 

http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2017/02/stats_show_shorter_nfl_quarter.html

according to wikipedia, tyrod taylor is 6' 3/4". Tyrod had problems finding open receivers, but that seemed to be due more to the fact that he could not throw an intermediate pass through a window in the middle of the field. ever. ok maybe not ever but I think i could count on one hand the number of times he did that last year

41 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Hes already proved he can throw through windows, Tyrod never done that during his college years.... Brees, Wilson and Rogers proved they could do this in college also, all of the slid in the draft.... I think we will be able to get Mayfield at 12 come the end of April, and it would be a mistake to pass him up. 

If he falls to 12 and we pass, I'm going to pee on my Vizio.

Then I'll clean it up before my wife comes home.

• Like (+1) 1

Did anybody else hear the shot Hasselbeck took at Baker in the Rosen recap? Rosen's receiver ran the wrong route and had a incompletion. Rosen turned and said it was his fault. Baker had the same thing happen to him and he yelled at the receiver. He was basically questioning Baker leadership qualities.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

Dumba$$.

• Like (+1) 1