Josh Rosen: will he want to play here? ESPN discusses

KDIGGZ

9 hours ago, K-9 said:

Bruschi is an idiot. If there is ANY chance Rosen has intimated he doesn't want to play in Buffalo, that will have been fleshed out long before they draft him. 

Did I mention Bruschi is an idiot? He should think more before spouting nonsense. 

Exactly.  and....he's a guy that played on SB teams in New England, not exactly a tropical climate either.  That truly was a pathetic piece from a pathetic anal.....ist.  Build a winner, players will gravitate regardless of location.   The show got even worse after that nonsense.  Hard to watch MSESPN these days. 

9 hours ago, NickelCity said:

People honestly have no idea how nice Buffalo is.

ps !@#$ tedy bruschi.

Exactly, Teddy Bruschi can go take his opinions elsewhere.  However, I will say there is a ton of negative stereotype to get past when you speak about Buffalo in other parts of the country.  Having recently moved back here, living in bigger cities in-between, like everywhere Buffalo has strong points and weak points.  My personal observation is that the weaker points are exaggerated by the climate and the strong points don’t go as high probably because of the deep poverty here.

This i not a legitimate question.

Bruschi is just trying to trash the Bills and Cleveland. I hope he gets hit by a bus. Or a caravan of busses.

We will draft who we want and he will play. Even if we have to redeux the Jim Kelly drama.

Doesn't much matter anyway. As soon as he gets here he will be hooked. Bruschi doesn't get this because he played for the worst fans in pro sports, but the Bills mafia (I still hate that name) is different. We have a reputation now, especialy after the Dalton/playoff/charity brouhaha.

For the record, bull**** "analysis" like this is why ESPN is so close to the trash heap and is entirely unwatchable. Propogandists.

7 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I think Bruschi is an idiot but there is some truth to what he says.  I grew up in Buffalo and hated the winter weather and the summer humidity.  I jumped at the opportunity to move to California and I would never move back there or anywhere else in the North. 

If the Bills sense Rosen doesn't want to play in Buffalo, if they move up, they can still draft him and then try and work a trade like Elway to Denver or Eli to the Giants.

I don't think that Rosen carries the same reputation coming out of college that Elway or Manning did so that move may not payoff.

4 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

This i not a legitimate question.

Bruschi is just trying to trash the Bills and Cleveland. I hope he gets hit by a bus. Or a caravan of busses.

We will draft who we want and he will play. Even if we have to redeux the Jim Kelly drama.

Doesn't much matter anyway. As soon as he gets here he will be hooked. Bruschi doesn't get this because he played for the worst fans in pro sports, but the Bills mafia (I still hate that name) is different. We have a reputation now, especialy after the Dalton/playoff/charity brouhaha.

For the record, bull**** "analysis" like this is why ESPN is so close to the trash heap and is entirely unwatchable. Propogandists.

Close to the trash heap?  It is IN the trash heap.  There really is no reason to watch ESPN for me and it is off of my current viewing package.

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Maybe I'm just biased because I don't like pompous, self-righteous SJW douche bags.....

Just a reminder, that describes most college kids. They teach them ideals and point at the world and highlight how we on the planet fall short of their teachings. And then they kids think they are just going to come right  on out and fix everything.

They are still good kids underneath, most of them.

By the way what SJW stuff did Rosen say? All I saw some more or less true remarks about college sports. I didn't suppose anyone in NCAA administration would like what he said, but what I saw him say was at least a valid viewpoint if not the whole picture.

28 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Just a reminder, that describes most college kids. They teach them ideals and point at the world and highlight how we on the planet fall short of their teachings. And then they kids think they are just going to come right  on out and fix everything.

By the way what SJW stuff did Rosen say? All I saw some more or less true remarks about college sports. I didn't suppose anyone in NCAA administration would like what he said, but what I saw him say was at least a valid viewpoint if not the whole picture.

The F*** Trump hat while playing at his course was enough for me... 

29 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Absolutely nothing.

There's an alarming number of people in this country who feel threatened by intelligence and facts.

Two years ago he would be right.  With that playoff drought anvil around their neck Buffalo would not have been a promising destination.  Now freshly off a playoff berth with subpar Qb play they are a legitimate contender in a conference where the traditional powers are aging.  If Buffalo can get the QB right they will be in position to contend for a long time.  Listening to Rosen when asked about cold weather he said it reminds him of family because he would spend the holidays at his grandmothers in the NE.  Listening to his press conference at the combine he would be fine in Buffalo.  After the season til the spring he doesn't have to stay in Buffalo. 

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

After the season til the spring he doesn't have to stay in Buffalo. 

I would prefer he not stay around here. I used to see JP Losman every weekend downtown getting drunk and it made me hate him even more.

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

They don't get TAUGHT "ideals."  Ideal is a convenient term that implies only one way of thinking, acting, interacting. Is that what college does? All the intro courses and general education requirements at many schools are intended to be surveys of alternate ideas and ideals. If colleges and universities don't double down on the Eurocentric, normative, Christian, colonial ideas they get exposed to in the K-12 system, that makes them radical counterculture instigators? 

And further, this argument is even more horse pucky because in addition to the aforementioned complete misconceptions about what institutions do, it also assumes people are too stupid to make up their own minds. It's exposure, not indoctrination. 

If we just believe all we're told in K-12 and stopped there, well, all of us would continue to deify the racist, rapist slave-owners referred to as the founding fathers. But then again, I guess holding anyone to any standards of personal accountability and responsibility is unnecessary so long as that person meets your own ideals. 

I'd bet my life that complaints about Rosen's so-called (and misplaced, he bitched about the NCAA) SJW belief come from people on the right. And further, those same people critical of non-work-related SJW interests don't hold the sexual assaulter and adulterer in chief to the same non-work-related standard. Funny how that's OK in politics, because he supports one's ideals, but it's not for a QB when he doesn't. Double standards, hallmarks of the family-values GOP.

• Like (+1) 1