Josh Rosen: will he want to play here? ESPN discusses

KDIGGZ

He will be fine. Media is full of it. He also never said he didn't want to go to Cleveland. He basically said sometimes it's ok to drop in the draft because the right fit is more important an anything. The media turned this into "he doesn't want to go to Cleveland." It's all media driven BS. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bruschi is an idiot. If there is ANY chance Rosen has intimated he doesn't want to play in Buffalo, that will have been fleshed out long before they draft him. 

Did I mention Bruschi is an idiot? He should think more before spouting nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Bruschi is an idiot. If there is ANY chance Rosen has intimated he doesn't want to play in Buffalo, that will have been fleshed out long before they draft him. 

Did I mention Bruschi is an idiot? He should think more before spouting nonsense. 

Good post, but you forgot to mention that Bruschi is an idiot. 

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Rosen to Buffalo talk starts at the 3 min mark:

Sounds more to me that Bruschi is speculating and trying to plant an idea in the kids head. Notice how he says Cleveland first then basically keeps saying Buffalo, Buffalo, Buffalo. 

Tell you this much. Rosen has more then just a football career in mind. Being drafted and refusing to play is just bad business. Now on the other hand, he's a smart kid. He sits back and sees the name that Jim Kelly made for himself helping turn around the Bills and make 4 Super Bowls. Rosen has to see this as an ultimate opportunity. He comes here and wins a Super Bowl? He's not only a Super Bowl champion...he's a legend until time ends in Buffalo. He now going to be seen as the guy that turned around a team that is considered a perennial loser. Investors love that.Fans love that. Josh Rosen winning a Super Bowl in Buffalo is best for business.

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

As far as Rosen hinting that he does not want to play in Buffalo that can not be proven or disproven.  If he is listening to his agent he should be keeping his mouth shut as negative comments might make teams shy away from drafting him affecting his slotting which could cost Rosen and his agent money.  As I said before he might take a chance in an interview with Beane to throw it so the Bills might not draft him.  At that point it would be his word against Beane's word  if nobody else (who would be impartial) is in the room to verify it.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

As far as Rosen hinting that he does not want to play in Buffalo that can not be proven or disproven.  If he is listening to his agent he should be keeping his mouth shut as negative comments might make teams shy away from drafting him affecting his slotting which could cost Rosen and his agent money.  As I said before he might take a chance in an interview with Beane to throw it so the Bills might not draft him.  At that point it would be his word against Beane's word  if nobody else (who would be impartial) is in the room to verify it.

It's not that dramatic. If Beane or anyone gets a whiff of an anti- Buffalo attitude in an interview, they won't waste their time. But nothing this kid has said publicly about where he wants to play suggests he won't want to play in a certain place. People point to his quote about going later in the draft if it's a better situation, but taken in context, that's a totally benign comment. 

Did I mention Bruschi is an idiot?

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

It's nuts how twisted that one got, and then ran with as gospel. 

Nuts, but not surprising. Like Buddy always said, everybody is trying to rob the same train. 'Tis the season for information warfare. 

2 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

They're just filling air & connecting dots. 

The way the Bills are run today, I'm confident Rosen would be happy to play here. If this was the Buddy Nix/Chan Gailey years, y'know, maybe not. 

Bruschi is trying to connect dots that don't exist anywhere but in his tiny little brain....