LeGarrette Blount Signs a 1-Year Deal with the Lions

So far this offseason I've been pleased with what our staff has done, with the 1 exception of Chris Ivory. Ivorys age, performance, salary all seem questionable for why we'd want to add him. Legarrette Blount in my opinion would've been a far better option than Ivory. I dont know the terms of his contract with the Lions but I imagine he could've been had for 2-3 mil per year.

Ive always thought he was a solid back. Runs tough & would appear to be a good locker room addition, just from his experience. Man has 2 superbowls now with 2 different teams. Good signing by the Lions... still wish we wouldve signed him & the Lions got Ivory.

As with all things time will tell I suppose.

Just now, brianthomas said:

So far this offseason I've been pleased with what our staff has done, with the 1 exception of Chris Ivory. Ivorys age, performance, salary all seem questionable for why we'd want to add him. Legarrette Blount in my opinion would've been a far better option than Ivory. I dont know the terms of his contract with the Lions but I imagine he could've been had for 2-3 mil per year.

Ive always thought he was a solid back. Runs tough & would appear to be a good locker room addition, just from his experience. Man has 2 superbowls now with 2 different teams. Good signing by the Lions... still wish we wouldve signed him & the Lions got Ivory.

As with all things time will tell I suppose.

1 Year at $4.5M

Wow cant believe he got that much. For the past few years he's been one of the better values in terms of contract cost vs performance. A quick google search netted this result: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/227476/patriots-legarrette-blount-one-of-best-values-in-nfl-history 

Well hey good for him. I'm sure he wanted a longer term contract but dude wanted to get paid haha