If we cannot trade up for our QB

2 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

I honestly think if that happens 

we trade to get picks for next year and try to get our qb then. They want a top qb 

Precisely.  If we miss out on the QB we want this year, we will sell one of our #1's this yr. and walk away with an extra 1st round pick in the '19 draft.  It's a smart contingency plan, have a feeling it won't come to that though.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:12 PM, BBillsWestCoast said:

I do not like anyone outside of the top 4 rated QBs, so if we cannot get our guy, then draft best available at any position. Trade for Foles after round 1 for a #2 this year and next year. He is the only FA QB next year. Send both #2's this year or move to the top of round 2 for Lamar. At least we would have something to discuss and have a competition all year.

- one of them will drop to 10 for sure.

Please..at least try to stay consistent in your train of thought.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, mikemac2001 said:

we trade to get picks for next year and try to get our qb then. They want a top qb 

Not a good year for QBs. Prepare to be disappointed if that's your strategy. 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, mikemac2001 said:

If the Bills can't get Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield I really hope this is plan B. I don't think it will happen, but it would definitely be my favorite of all the scenarios left at that point.

It would take the sting out of not getting our QB this year a little (and would take the sting out of losing a franchise LT for a plan that didn't work out) if we move back at 12 for another 1st next year.  I know the QB class next year probably isn't as good, but we likely won't be needing to trade up all the way from 21 next year either.  

4 hours ago, Adam727 said:

If the Bills can't get Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield I really hope this is plan B. I don't think it will happen, but it would definitely be my favorite of all the scenarios left at that point.

It would take the sting out of not getting our QB this year a little (and would take the sting out of losing a franchise LT for a plan that didn't work out) if we move back at 12 for another 1st next year.  I know the QB class next year probably isn't as good, but we likely won't be needing to trade up all the way from 21 next year either.  

There are no franchise qb's next year.  This was the year.  Everything was in place, tons of picks , new gm, just coming off a playoff appearance. 

Some years you get goff and wentz, others you get winston and mariotta.  

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, mikemac2001 said:

I hope so. I don't want them to devote the picks they have accrued to anything but a top QB prospect.

• Like (+1) 1