[Vague Title]This needs to be said.....

This Josh Allen stuff is Brandon Beane throwing a bone for his agent, who is someone he has already dealt with, and probably needs to be in good graces with. Beane  is taking up his client to remain loyal to a valued colleague. 

I think the Bills like him, but they like Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield, and in that order. 

They are loud with their praise, and that's all them playing poker. Not showing their hand!! Very calculated, as always. 

Seriously, Beane is a negotiating genius!! He's not going to tell people he loves Allen before individual/private meetings. They don't have closure on this decision yet, and they shouldn't bc they should definitely be thorough!!

I think if the Bills can't trade up, which isn't going to happen IMO, they would be smart to take Allen at 12, if the big 3 are gone. 

My prediction, is trade up to 3 with Indy, (12,22,56, 101, future 3rd for 3,67) 
And.......
Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. 
Beer, cheering, tears of joy, fist bumps, chest bumps, more beer....

Edited by elltrain22

I always wondered where the rankings actually start.  Say Lamar Jackson goes top 10 or RB Chubb goes top 5.  Everyone is shocked.  But what if the real NFL guys rank these guys differently than we all assume?  

So what if the media has it all wrong?  Allen might go in the 3rd round, and we'd be shocked, but the NFL guys may all feel he is a 3rd prospect.  I feel like these NFL guys are all playing us for fools.

I just say this. I don't follow college ball. I have no clue who will be good. This message board is not liking Allen. At least the majority voice not wanting him. This board favors Rosen big time.

Edited by Lfod

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

It doesn't need to be said because it is nothing more than your opinion, an opinion based on virtually no evidence.

Oh no!!!! He need to say it....that goes without saying.....even though I had to say it....

I agree on Beane as far as he is a legit GM that we haven't had in quite some time.

I hope we don't trade up. These QB are so bunched together. There is no clear cut superstar... People want a QB just to have one. 

This year showed a good overall team is the way to go over reaching for a franchise QB.

Bortles,Foles,Keenum had their teams a win away from a SB! 

These guys are average qbs. With Bortles below average imo.

Where's Stafford, Rivers, Winston , Carr etc etc when the playoffs roll around?

If this staff loves a QB, I trust their decision making skills. I just don't think Beane values any of them enough to give up the 22nd pick. 

I could be wrong, I have NO CLUE what is going on at OBD behind the scenes,  but Beane always says he's here to build a consistent winner and building through the draft.

5 chances at top 60 talent, can instantly change this overall team from good to great and have a bunch of top end talent on rookie deals,which equates to consistent winning

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

This Josh Allen stuff is Brandon Beane throwing a bone for his agent, who is someone he has already dealt with, and probably needs to be in good graces with. Beane  is taking up his client to remain loyal to a valued colleague. 

I think the Bills like him, but they like Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield, and in that order. 

They are loud with their praise, and that's all them playing poker. Not showing their hand!! Very calculated, as always. 

Seriously, Beane is a negotiating genius!! He's not going to tell people he loves Allen before individual/private meetings. They don't have closure on this decision yet, and they shouldn't bc they should definitely be thorough!!

I think if the Bills can't trade up, which isn't going to happen IMO, they would be smart to take Allen at 12, if the big 3 are gone. 

And.......
Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. 

Well, this needs to be read...

https://www.chscommunicator.com/sports/2018/03/15/lamar-jackson-quarterback/

I don't dislike Josh Allen, but he's probably the biggest risk among all the QBs.  He has the highest upside given his rare arm and athleticism to go with a truly NFL body, but his college background (completion percentage at a school that plays a somewhat lower level of competition) suggests he has the highest bust potential too..  I will support the Bills if they pick him, but they are going to have to make all the right decisions as they bring him along, and then hope for the best.

28 minutes ago, elltrain22 said:

And.......
Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. 

More beer, more vodka, more whiskey, and more beer! (Sorry, hard to dechiper the Stone Cold voice via text lol)

What makes everyone think the Bills know what to look for? What guru do they have on staff that knows what a QB looks like? Who do they have that will help mentor and nurture this draft pick? They are putting a lot of resources into moving up to get a guy but do they know what to look for and how to make sure they are successful once they arrive? Hmmmmmmm?

It didn't really need to be said. But if it did, there were other threads to say it in. 

Really tired of half the posters here treating the forums like it's their own personal blog. 

Hint: if you want to say something, there is probably a thread on that subject already. Use it. 

5 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

It didn't really need to be said. But if it did, there were other threads to say it in. 

Really tired of half the posters here treating the forums like it's their own personal blog. 

Hint: if you want to say something, there is probably a thread on that subject already. Use it. 

Like your reply just now? Thanks for adding to this thread. 

This place is WORSE than BBMB. Certain folks think they just own the place. Show me one thread that points out the OP's thoughts as a topic for discussion. Get over yourselves. Nobody Owns this joint

Edited by BuffAlone
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1